Results 1 to 40 of 64

Thread: DIY: Polishing Headlights

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Something Else Kevykev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    'Round These Parts
    Age
    44
    Posts
    15,713
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    If you're starting out with 1000 then the headlight isn't too bad to begin with

    I've read the FAQs you can start with 2000 if you want, you'll just be sanding longer LOL

    I start with 1000, if you over-apply pressure in the 600 process your cleanup can be more challenging.

    I did 2 of my cars that were for sale and the new owners made comments on them w/o me even stating that they were refinished. I did my neighbors Jeep - she now wants to have an affair.... j/k j/k
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -lightbuff5-20-09-006-jpg   -headlight-buff-003-jpg   -headlight-buff1-001-jpg  
    Last edited by Kevykev; 06-03-2009 at 08:35 AM.

    Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran speedminded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    22,589
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevykev
    I've read the FAQs you can start with 2000 if you want, you'll just be sanding longer LOL

    I start with 1000, if you over-apply pressure in the 600 process your cleanup can be more challenging.

    I did 2 of my cars that were for sale and the new owners made comments on them w/o me even stating that they were refinished. I did my neighbors Jeep - she now wants to have an affair.... j/k j/k
    lol! I just did a Celica that looked identical to the Jetta. She kept saying she was dreading having to buy new headlights, I assumed she meant they were cracked and full of moisture. Then I saw the car. A trip to the parts store and less than an hour later they were both crystal clear!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!