Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 67 of 67

Thread: So Ya I Wrecked the Z today

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member | IA Veteran speedminded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    22,589
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiPSI
    just curious, but how did you get a tire to grab the fenderwell on that nice straight little stretch of road? and that looks like a neighborhood, so how were you possibly going fast enough to get that out of control to jump the curb and hit the vette? and why are there no skid marks at all from your tire hanging up?
    From the daytime pic it appears that it had rained the night before....so probably wouldn't leave a mark but enough to loose control...but was it a front or rear tire and why would it catch in a straight unless it was a slide right onto that road to an over correct and slide left to a slide right again to where it went on the grass then gravel and vette.

    Wayne, does this mean no sushi for a while?! Mmm...super crunch rolls & shrimp tempura!

  2. #2
    formerly known as zxguy EG BTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiPSI
    just curious, but how did you get a tire to grab the fenderwell on that nice straight little stretch of road? and that looks like a neighborhood, so how were you possibly going fast enough to get that out of control to jump the curb and hit the vette? and why are there no skid marks at all from your tire hanging up?
    I dunno, I turned left at the stop..swerved a couple of times to see if the tires would rub...Then something caught and the car yanked to the left...I tried to swing it back on the road but I was in the dirt...the car just slid down the hill until I hit the gravel and then it turned towards the road...even though I was only going like 20 mph the whole thing happened uber fast


    -94 eg hatch
    -07 gsx-r750
    -Parting Out 91 300zx TT
    -post

  3. #3
    Senior Member | IA Veteran speedminded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    22,589
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zxguy
    I dunno, I turned left at the stop..swerved a couple of times to see if the tires would rub...Then something caught and the car yanked to the left...I tried to swing it back on the road but I was in the dirt...the car just slid down the hill until I hit the gravel and then it turned towards the road...even though I was only going like 20 mph the whole thing happened uber fast
    damn, that sucks...the z can be evil...don't see to many drifting do ya? The balance is so perfect on them (with a certain amount of fuel anyways) but i think that's what makes them so unpredictable sometimes too and with a really good tire and suspension setup you have no warning... it's either traction or no traction...no body roll and/or squealing to help predict what's happening next.

  4. #4
    **H.I.D KING** Nitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    STMN GA
    Posts
    13,091
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    sorry to be even seeing this man.........you'll get it back together tho

  5. #5
    Custom User Title: Seymour222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Damn dude that blows goat. I told you wayne, those wheels are too big, any ur like "Naw shawty, I gotsa have twankies on my ride, gotta look clean, keep it pimp style,nah mean." and Im like, "Hellz yea pimpin, do yo thang", and ur like "Rollin down tha street smokin endo, sippin on....ahhh screeeech, slide, crash.....damn it.

  6. #6
    The One and Only Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Buckhead
    Age
    43
    Posts
    25,171
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Fuckin A Wayne! So sorry dude, itll get put back together better than ever man.

  7. #7
    The coolest chick SM The Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In Lostsolvtec's bed!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,265
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Val For President
    R.I.P. Our Dear Leisa..


    ASAP N.E. Chapter VP

    No more supra
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

    NIKON Squad member| NikonD40

  8. #8
    ....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pakiland
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,532
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    good luck man, and btw what were the tire sizes?

  9. #9
    Boostaholic atl300zx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Marietta
    Age
    44
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Let me know if you need help, i have a lot of extra Z parts lieing around and have decent connections on getting some. Let me know.

  10. #10
    formerly known as zxguy EG BTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umairejaz
    good luck man, and btw what were the tire sizes?
    I went up from a 275 35 18 to a 275 40 18 oops. Now I have to sell and buy another set

    Quote Originally Posted by atl300zx
    Let me know if you need help, i have a lot of extra Z parts lieing around and have decent connections on getting some. Let me know.
    I got it under control...Im shooting to get it done in less than 3 weeks this time


    -94 eg hatch
    -07 gsx-r750
    -Parting Out 91 300zx TT
    -post

  11. #11
    Certified Gearhead
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    just let me know if there is anything i can do to help! tell you a joke perhaps

  12. #12
    formerly known as zxguy EG BTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~C My Bunny~
    just let me know if there is anything i can do to help! tell you a joke perhaps
    Im sure I can think of something


    -94 eg hatch
    -07 gsx-r750
    -Parting Out 91 300zx TT
    -post

  13. #13
    FD + 2JZ = WIN! :] YoshiFD3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    :[

    I dunno what to say.

    :[

  14. #14
    IA.COM Founder.
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    14,251
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    Sucks man.. glad you ok...

    But seriously who painted that car?

  15. #15
    livin again collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    chillin in the sloooo gtoooo
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,604
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    for real man. that sucks balls. but i'd also be pissed cause the prep work for the paint job was less than par. and the shop had it long enough to paint, scratch, repaint, claybar, etc your car! wtf mate?

  16. #16
    IA.COM Founder.
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    14,251
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by collins
    for real man. that sucks balls. but i'd also be pissed cause the prep work for the paint job was less than par. and the shop had it long enough to paint, scratch, repaint, claybar, etc your car! wtf mate?
    yeah, what I was thinking.

  17. #17
    I drive a dodge stratus 98strat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Norcross
    Age
    40
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Sucks man. I just saw t the other night too. Hope to see it up and running again shortly.

  18. #18
    Who knows?
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alpharetta
    Age
    41
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    ya i know i'm a little late, really sorry to hear that man i had the same shitty luck with my last car, hope you get it back to how it was asap

  19. #19
    bada-bling <3 kelly marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    woodstock
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,942
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    ouch!!!

    billy just told me.. i had no idea.. im sowwy wayne..

  20. #20
    <<<<<werddddd ACCORDRYDA23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    SNELLVILLE, GA USA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    damn dude that blows.. and you just got it back not too long ago.... hope it will be a speedy recovery
    ARE YOU DOWN WITH THA BROWN???



  21. #21
    IA MEmber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gwinnett
    Posts
    7,038
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    wow, sorry to hear that..... u have any new plans for the car??? new color??? kit???

  22. #22
    Nuh Botha Mi chameleon30038's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Gaza Mi Seh
    Posts
    1,792
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    NOOOOO not the Z! I'm sorry wayne hope everything works out

  23. #23
    I JUST DONT GIVE A FUK dereksi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,089
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    That sucks homie. Sorry

    YEA...IM AN ASSHOLE

  24. #24
    formerly known as zxguy EG BTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    preciate the good wishes from everyone. Im gunna try and fix it asap...but money is the main issue....


    -94 eg hatch
    -07 gsx-r750
    -Parting Out 91 300zx TT
    -post

  25. #25
    www.intensepower.com Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Snellville
    Age
    42
    Posts
    558
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    lets all pinch in 5 bux so this man can get his car running=)
    i feel you cause im a Z owner =)
    2004.5 350z SS

    SHift_

  26. #26
    formerly known as zxguy EG BTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    lets all pinch in 5 bux so this man can get his car running=)
    i feel you cause im a Z owner =)
    Hey I have no problem with your plan


    -94 eg hatch
    -07 gsx-r750
    -Parting Out 91 300zx TT
    -post

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Under the hood of my car...
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,486
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    sucks a nut man.. sorry to hear/see it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!