Thread: Tesla Model S

Default Tesla Model S

Just though you guys might me be interested.....

When Elon Musk debut paypal in the late 90's I was an early adopter. I understood it's added value and used it extensively to promote transactions that would have never happened with out of state buyers. Fast forward, today with govt funding and the second Tesla iteration and Elon's Tesla Motors has managed to wow again for the common man. Enter Motortrend's 2013 car of the year. Remember there are plenty of electric cars available but Tesla has managed to push the boundaries of electric luxury and performance like no other. I have been following the development of this car over the last year, due to a friend of mine taking delivery last weekend.

Update 6/6/13
    Consumer reports raves about car. All 3 agreed they would buy one hands down. This def speaks volumes about car. Not long ago i saw rolling down the highway and it really does look great and stans above most cars on the road in the looks dept.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXP4D...ature=youtu.be

Update 5/4/2013:
    17" Touch Screen overview. I'll make a new one later down the road as i missed some features in my quick video b/c i was socializing with friends at the time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es-QtggN2xM

2013 car of the year
    2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year: Tesla Model S - Motor Trend

Video - bigger video
    2013 Car of the Year - Tesla Model S - Motor Trend Video

Tesla Performance S vs 2011 M5 2011 560HP sedan drag race
    Tesla Model S vs BMW M5 Drag Race - YouTube

Why is this relevant - Well, it's the beginning of a new era for all electric. Sure we have the Nissan Leaf, Honda Fit EV but the Tesla is a game changer just as paypal was back in 1999. Mainly the execution is right and the vehicle sells itself. Honestly, I'll miss combustion engines as i believe the electric cars will take over in my lifetime (30 - 40 yrs) . The efficiency is there just a matter of economies of scale with with future products. And Tesla's next model will be 50k MSRP. Elon is quite the game changer....

New owner orientation (see all of the neat features it has) - Private Video on Vimeo

Password (case sensitive, if needed ) –‎ t35la4ALL

Model S Options & Pricing | Tesla Motors

About the features of the car - Tesla Model S Factory Delivery - YouTube
    Last edited by civicturbo10; 06-06-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

Actual delivery - Tesla delivery - YouTube

I have pictures of the vehicle. So i'll post when i get a moment. I have a video of the interior as well but it's toast needs to be redone. But enjoy the delivery vid.

A better review of the Tesla -
    Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    Last edited by civicturbo10; 06-06-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

Public Enemy #1

Customer contacted me the other day wanted a quote for some work done on a brand new Tesla S he was getting here in Atlanta.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Wrong section.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MachNU View Post
    Customer contacted me the other day wanted a quote for some work done on a brand new Tesla S he was getting here in Atlanta.
    There were about 10k+ Tesla Model S ordered. The very first one delivered in Georgia was in december 2012 i think. Deliveries were only started maybe 6 months ago. So i'm thinking only a handful are in GA as of now. And to top it off, my buddy has been approached 7 times already in public. Hell, the first time we had lunch at IHOP, people were getting out of cars to take pictures of it, after only owning literallly 1 hour. Not quite a Lambo or GTR but it draws attention.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Wrong section.
    I'll post some pics to make it a mix, lol. Just give me a min.

Inside the truck

Interior

Dash

Side view

Trunk

Seventeen Inch touchscreen - much bigger in person

front

Key

Dash - carbon fiber inserts etc

Door panel

wheel

rear

Close rear

And 1 more thing - it's cheap as hell to fuel this thing. Cheaper than a civic, prius, all of the above. To give you an idea - it's about $10 to charge it up from 0 to Max. The range is about 265 miles. That $10 fill up can go down to about $5 during off peak times. Based on the calculations my friend gave me. It's hard to say now but i'll chk on it as time goes by. Is it really that cheap to fuel it - why yes it is.

Proof - article
    Cheapest cars to fuel - Yahoo! Autos

Public Enemy #1

Think your buddy contacted me getting a price for paint protection film then. lol Defiantly some bad ass cars.

that 17inch touchscreen is insane! Wonder what all it has, it's probably android. Does it control the behavior/performance of the car?

Saw a silver one driving down the downtown connector. That screen is bright as hell and seems like it would be annoying at night.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

I think I saw one of the first ones delievered in GA. Back on Dec. 14th while at HJATL it was parked in the hourly lot. I honestly had no clue as to what it was from afar. Looked kinda like some crazy new Jaguar, but I knew it wasn't. Then I saw the T and knew. They are pretty big cars! Damn good looking though.

02' Miata

Probably the same one I saw. Cant imagine there are too many of those around.

Bitches love bacon.

I would totally rock the Tesla. Looks good.

IA Member

Saw one at a Safelite Auto Glass today. Had two big hairline cracks on either side of the front windshield from the A pillars. It looked like it just rolled off the truck (Tesla plate, stickers on wheels, plastic on interior pieces) Ill post pics later. It was dirty as hell, but a gorgeous car otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by e.mury View Post
    Saw one at a Safelite Auto Glass today. Had two big hairline cracks on either side of the front windshield from the A pillars. It looked like it just rolled off the truck (Tesla plate, stickers on wheels, plastic on interior pieces) Ill post pics later. It was dirty as hell, but a gorgeous car otherwise.
    Something may have flown up and hit it during transport. Happens often.

Bitches love bacon.

Even the key looks cool

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

I'm still not keen on all this electric car razzmatazz... Seems like witchcraft to me.

But for what it is, it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Something may have flown up and hit it during transport. Happens often.

These are delivered in a enclosed trailer. The fact that it has a crack, still prepped - manufacturing defect? Regardless the guy who delivered is contracted by Tesla to deliver in his enclosed trailer. Thats the only way high end cars travel - well Tesla does, lol.
    On that note - the car was delivered was dirty as shit from the manufacturer. The rumor is Tesla was trying deliver more for the year and ramp up production. One simple email to Tesla customer service. Yes, sir free detail inside and out - schedule as you please.
    Detail was completed this past weekend. The detailer appears appears to be contracted by Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    Even the key looks cool
    Yea, the doors unlock as you approach the vehicle. The door handles slide out. As you sit in the car and depress the brake pedal the car is ready to go. There is not starting it or fumbling of the key. You keep key in your pocket. It's a option i see on Mercedes and i think BMW has it. Don't think it has trickled down yet to lower end models.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    that 17inch touchscreen is insane! Wonder what all it has, it's probably android. Does it control the behavior/performance of the car?
    Yeah, it controls the majority of the functions of the car. Sunroof, A/C, radio, google maps, etc. Door unlock i think. Now the windows are still a switch on doors. There are adjustments you can make on the car as well and yes its on the screen. I don't know what that are yet but i will as soon as he gets some minor investments done on the car. He has scheduled some things for it and i"ll be having lunch with him. His plans are to keep this car longterm hence the major upfront purchase costs involved.

I'll try to do another vid on screen to show all it's glory. Everyone who has seen it in person is very impressed so far.

Uploaded 17" touchscreen overview. This is a game changer in electric cars as i said before. Ever since winning the MCOTY, orders are up and last quarter thousands were delivered to new customers. With a 63K starting price thats pretty nice there able to sell so many. About twice as much as your avg price of a new car. Way to go Tesla.

The Tesla is the only electric car that I would currently consider to be a real world decent electric car. Its actually a good platform.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

IA.COM Founder.

Do not dig them.. Co worker finally got his.. Rode with him, wasn't feeling it. Is a nice car, no doubt, I just wasn't floored.

do they make a coupe?

HMMMMM....????

Got to drive a few of these, I love the door handles on these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaul3g6 View Post
    do they make a coupe?

They did a 2-seater a couple of years ago that used the Lotus Elise chassis. It was pretty quick.

As far as coupes go, Fisker had a concept of the Karma sedan, but I don't think they actually produced it. I think they would have done better if they had...

IMG_9554 by Jenn B 77, on Flickr
    02' Miata