Results 1 to 40 of 44

Thread: New Race Car...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    <SWED\ SQUAD\)~~ D3UC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    somewhere, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,091
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Exactly, sir. Back when I got and started racing my '96, I had applied for the Neon Racing package. Basically a "sponsor" of sorts. I learned then that the Neon actually came about when a design team was approached to build a car specifically for track use. That's why the car was "cheaply" built. It was put together with racing in mind. Lots of plastic and easily removable interior pieces (the whole top of the dash just lifted up and pulled out). No power windows, locks or anything else (some more road built Neons did come with front only power windows). These cars also outperformed every car in its class for several years heading into the new millennium and had higher rated hp numbers as well. Later, QD.
    Neons were awesome track cars! I remember you and the neon wayyy back when.

    Great Car Simon! If you ever wanna LS swap it, I met the guy who wrote a book on how to do it...Its on amazon! His track car is a grassroots FC with a GM 3600 in it. Cool dude for sure.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc



  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    Neons were awesome track cars! I remember you and the neon wayyy back when.

    Great Car Simon! If you ever wanna LS swap it, I met the guy who wrote a book on how to do it...Its on amazon! His track car is a grassroots FC with a GM 3600 in it. Cool dude for sure.
    Here's how that book reads......

    "flip K member around backwards, drill 2 holes, bolt engine in. the end"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!