Results 1 to 40 of 84

Thread: Integra vs. Mustang

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    BA8 Squad member #1 Drummerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Marietta
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Comparing Preludes to Mustangs on the street, track, parking lots, gravel, dirt roads, a slip in slide, a mud bog or any other place a motor vehicle can possibly go is about like comparing superbowl history between the Greenbay Packers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. Prelude is a nice car.... i like them, i'm not insulting you or your prelude or anyone else's prelude........ but there's simply no comparing a prelude to a mustang. a stock cobra would chew up a prelude and spit it out on any road any where any time. You're arguing street.....??? mustangs own the street....... when you go driving do you have blinders on? This is Georgia...........
    aw man... We were buddies. But...

    I'm not an imports only man. But stock to stock (mustang to prelude) prelude wins hands down. Even dollar for dollar with modifications, 9 times out of 10, the prelude will be an all around better car. With my stock single cam (original engine from the factory in my car) with a turbo, BTM and injector controller, I out ran an '03 GT with a twin screw. From a dig, from a 40 roll, through turns, in the straight. And I had about $2000 less in my mods than the mustang owner.

    I'm not saying mustangs are bad cars, I mean come on, they sound so bad ass! And they can be great handling/performing cars. But not for the same amount of money. So please don't say that mustangs "own the street" like no one can touch them.

    Disclaimer: I'm not arguing cobras/svts/gt500s etc. Those aren't stock mustangs.


    Oh and western, you forgot 2 of my favorite race ludes:

    Brandon Kraus' USTCC Prelude







    And the JUN prelude

    Last edited by Drummerboy; 12-31-2011 at 01:05 AM.

  2. #2
    2013 STi Western.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    aw man... We were buddies. But...

    I'm not an imports only man. But stock to stock (mustang to prelude) prelude wins hands down. Even dollar for dollar with modifications, 9 times out of 10, the prelude will be an all around better car. With my stock single cam (original engine from the factory in my car) with a turbo, BTM and injector controller, I out ran an '03 GT with a twin screw. From a dig, from a 40 roll, through turns, in the straight. And I had about $2000 less in my mods than the mustang owner.

    I'm not saying mustangs are bad cars, I mean come on, they sound so bad ass! And they can be great handling/performing cars. But not for the same amount of money. So please don't say that mustangs "own the street" like no one can touch them.

    Disclaimer: I'm not arguing cobras/svts/gt500s etc. Those aren't stock mustangs.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I thought he was trying to compare cobras and such to the Prelude. Stock to stock, Prelude is just a better car.

  3. #3
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westernlude View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. I thought he was trying to compare cobras and such to the Prelude. Stock to stock, Prelude is just a better car.
    So we're comparing Preludes to Mustang GTs and pretending no other factory Mustangs exist? Just gonna close our eyes, touch our heels together and pretend all of those other Prelude ass ripping vehicles arent sitting on lots all over the united states?

  4. #4
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    aw man... We were buddies. But...

    I'm not an imports only man. But stock to stock (mustang to prelude) prelude wins hands down. Even dollar for dollar with modifications, 9 times out of 10, the prelude will be an all around better car. With my stock single cam (original engine from the factory in my car) with a turbo, BTM and injector controller, I out ran an '03 GT with a twin screw. From a dig, from a 40 roll, through turns, in the straight. And I had about $2000 less in my mods than the mustang owner.

    I'm not saying mustangs are bad cars, I mean come on, they sound so bad ass! And they can be great handling/performing cars. But not for the same amount of money. So please don't say that mustangs "own the street" like no one can touch them.

    Disclaimer: I'm not arguing cobras/svts/gt500s etc. Those aren't stock mustangs.


    Oh and western, you forgot 2 of my favorite race ludes:

    Brandon Kraus' USTCC Prelude







    And the JUN prelude

    Cobras, Shelbys, Roush, Steeda and Saleens are Mustangs too....... The best Prelude that leaves the Honda factory pulls .8s on the skid pad. The SVT Contour can do that...... and its a notorious piece of junk. The Steeda Q500 is an 11 second car that pulls 1.2 gs on the skid pad. Every factory Mustang above the GT pulls 1g+ on the skid pad.........

    Comparing Preludes to Mustangs is bringing a knife to a gun fight...........
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 12-31-2011 at 03:12 AM.

  5. #5
    Slowest Car on IA David88vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Johns Creek
    Age
    54
    Posts
    8,378
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    .... But stock to stock (mustang to prelude) prelude wins hands down. Even dollar for dollar with modifications, 9 times out of 10, the prelude will be an all around better car. With my stock single cam (original engine from the factory in my car) with a turbo, BTM and injector controller, I out ran an '03 GT with a twin screw. From a dig, from a 40 roll, through turns, in the straight. And I had about $2000 less in my mods than the mustang owner.

    You still got that turbo Prelude? Care to get drug by an old foxbody? Doesn't matter if it's drag, mtns, or track. I'll say it now - that other Mustang driver couldn't drive.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

  6. #6
    2013 STi Western.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Oh I did notice those porsche's behind the mustang….but that's obviously a very good team drawing in good money. I also NOTICED that the mustang is only mentioned a few times in the winner's chart…It's mainly Porsches, Corvettes, heck you even got beat by Jaguar. Here's what I notice. All you're doing is providing your opinion, rather than facts. Oh, and we're not talking about those Mustangs because we're talking about a specific category of car, probably around the 20-30K coupe. The Cobras, Shelbys, Roush, Steeda and Saleens are much more expensive(especially the Saleens). Oh, and to the "Invest 10k in a mustang…." comment, I can almost guarantee you that your prized Steeda mustangs have a good bit more than that put into them. All this is being said by a guy who has a 240. Contradict yourself much? I need say no more than the quote posted by your good friend Cramer.

    To the OP, Sorry we're stealing your thread here. We will take it to our own thread!

  7. #7
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westernlude View Post
    Oh I did notice those porsche's behind the mustang….but that's obviously a very good team drawing in good money. I also NOTICED that the mustang is only mentioned a few times in the winner's chart…It's mainly Porsches, Corvettes, heck you even got beat by Jaguar. Here's what I notice. All you're doing is providing your opinion, rather than facts. Oh, and we're not talking about those Mustangs because we're talking about a specific category of car, probably around the 20-30K coupe. The Cobras, Shelbys, Roush, Steeda and Saleens are much more expensive(especially the Saleens). Oh, and to the "Invest 10k in a mustang…." comment, I can almost guarantee you that your prized Steeda mustangs have a good bit more than that put into them. All this is being said by a guy who has a 240. Contradict yourself much? I need say no more than the quote posted by your good friend Cramer.

    To the OP, Sorry we're stealing your thread here. We will take it to our own thread!

    LOL........................................ really guy? can you read? of ANYONE on this entire forum..... i am the guy who will hit you with a wall of stats. I've posted racing history, skid pad numbers...... almost broke out the slalom times.... what "facts" are you supplying?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!