Ha carb spacer ftwill be joining the v8 240 club in the near future, but not with an ls
looking good though man cant wait to see it done
1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide
Here's what I'm doing for mounts:
Like I said, the plates on the block mount to the polyurethane mounts, then a single bolt/nut connect that to the crossmember side of the mount... which is being home-made. Blue-prints from silviav8forums.
Still not done. Just taking it one step at a time. At this point I will need to set it in the car before welding the vertical plates that bolt to the polyurethane mount.
'92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx
The sikky and daft innovation mounts are both very good looking mount kits. I would just rather put my money into performance, as long as I'm not sacrificing safety and quality.
'92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx
lets go, chop chop, car aint runnin yet? get to work
![]()
Well im tuned in for more.
Nothing major, just more parts. Holley 750 double pumper, throttle bracket, and fuel lines for the double pumper. Still have to put together fuel lines from the tank up and back.
The front will be cleaned meticulously like the rest of the engine, after the cam install. No use in doing it twice. I'll probably be going with F-body accessories and bracketry, and maybe some aftermarket pulleys to top it off.
'92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx
Mini tub, 9in rear end, 4 link, powerglide, some nitrous = win!
JJSPEC Racing
"He who judges a book by its cover will soon be staring at taillights."
run zoomies out the hood. do eeettt.
LOL!
S13s hook like hell with the IRS and good tires. No need for all that work on this setup. I can't wait to just drive the car, much less a good launch at the track on a transbrake with a 3600 stall.
On a side note, I found new old stock coils and brackets for the engine today... $50. Can't beat it!
'92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx
Boosted347, boosted347s13?
'92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx
These guys are right. 240sx rear is a beast for what it came in. Also, I'll be running a TH350, so it **should** be less harsh on the rear end than the usual 6 speed setup. But like Sinfix said, there's nothing expensive about a 240 rear end, so if it grenades, oh well!
'92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx
Seems like it's going slow. Small update:
New coil packs/wire set/brackets/coil harnesses-
Picked up an extra subframe to work on so the car could stay on the ground while I do work. Notching it for the oil pan. Got as far as cleaning the hell out of it, then cutting out what I don't need and making templates for what I will need. Went ahead and primed it just for some protection. It's decent grade steel, so it probably wouldn't be a problem, but oh well.
Thought I was done for the night, but decided to spray the other valve cover to finish up the job... had some left over, so I got the idea to see how the subframe would look. Think I may do it once it's done being modded-
I don't think I've posted an actual picture of the stickies, so here's that. They have 2 1/4 mile passes and the drive to the track and back. At $200 a pop, they don't last very long.
![]()
'92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx