Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Son's 89' CRX Si...she's almost done....

looks really good

Looks great! Excellent quality time spent between you and your son too, I would imagine. Mine are only 2 and 4 at the moment, but they love getting out and helping me work on anything.
    “When convention and science offer us no answers, might we not finally turn to the fantastic as plausibility?” Spooky

gorgeous...i didnt read through the thread, but i'm assuming thats an ebay catback...i have one on my DB

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

eg6

wow i love it. makes me want another rex.
    ]

SOUTHERN SPEED

My son has his own room at the shop and plays with all my tools trying to help .He has since he could walk. He is five now. Hell when i was threwing a quick paint job on the si i was letting him help us sand the primer. I would put a piece of 400 sticky da sand paper on his hand and let him sand away . About a week after i painted it and put it back together it was in the shop and we was working on it . My dad says were is ashton i was like i dont know some were around here . He had picked up a piece of used 80 grit and was sanding the newly painted quarter for daddy lmao. I said ashotn what are you doing boy . Im sanding daddy arnt you prowed of me . I couldnt do anything but smile lol. I dont like the clear i used when i cleared the si but i dont want to repaint it because the scratches will always remind me about when my son helped me sand lol.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

boricuas! you guys still go to wild bills on thursday?

2007 Lexus IS250
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S

Certified Gearhead BORICUACIVICR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    My son has his own room at the shop and plays with all my tools trying to help .He has since he could walk. He is five now. Hell when i was threwing a quick paint job on the si i was letting him help us sand the primer. I would put a piece of 400 sticky da sand paper on his hand and let him sand away . About a week after i painted it and put it back together it was in the shop and we was working on it . My dad says were is ashton i was like i dont know some were around here . He had picked up a piece of used 80 grit and was sanding the newly painted quarter for daddy lmao. I said ashotn what are you doing boy . Im sanding daddy arnt you prowed of me . I couldnt do anything but smile lol. I dont like the clear i used when i cleared the si but i dont want to repaint it because the scratches will always remind me about when my son helped me sand lol.
    That is cool man, I have lots of similiar stories like that with my sons and even my grandson (thats him in the pic below tring to take of the wheel he saw me take of earlier, he's 2y/o)
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the peoples I had to kill because they pissed me off,

Quote Originally Posted by thecuborican View Post
    boricuas! you guys still go to wild bills on thursday?
    Claro que si, alla vamos a estar este Jueves sin falta.. [english version: Of course, we'll be there this Thursday for sure]
    Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the peoples I had to kill because they pissed me off,

you live and learn Theycall_Metue's Avatar

BTW: He became a member here a few month ago, his user name is JDMef8Kid, I think im just going to let him post about his car from now on...lol...
    can't wait to find him. I'm going to ban him for being underage on this forum :boobies:
    OWNED

unless yall give me the crx

Goodluck finding him,because you won't but you can keep looking! lol....

Quote Originally Posted by BORICUACIVICR View Post
    That is cool man, I have lots of similiar stories like that with my sons and even my grandson (thats him in the pic below tring to take of the wheel he saw me take of earlier, he's 2y/o)
    i think i saw that white teg for sale in CL not to long ago.. do u still have it? the turbo set up is rare i don't see it in too many hondas

That's not your 16yo sons son, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jdm eg6 View Post
    i think i saw that white teg for sale in CL not to long ago.. do u still have it? the turbo set up is rare i don't see it in too many hondas
    Yeah, he actually ended up traiding the car, it wasn't practical for him to keep at the moment because he has 2 small kids. So he traided for a 4dr. Civic. and yes that teg had a top mount turbo set up, w/a Super T70, it was very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    That's not your 16yo sons son, is it?
    NO! that is my oldest 20y/o son, son... I would kill my 16y/o son if he had a kid, I would run him over with the CRX!

I haven't seen a clean/good condition CRX in the local area in awhile, good job!

Here's mine:

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT707 View Post
    I haven't seen a clean/good condition CRX in the local area in awhile, good job!

Here's mine:
    Nice man, very nice... Question tho, why is your hood stiking up on the back? it's like it's lifted??? just wondering...

car looks great so far can't wait to see more progress. and man you are the coolest dad I wish my dad was into cars like me n helped me get goodies n stuff for my car. lol
    " I think your ass just hit Vtec" -Drummerboy

Nice man, very nice... Question tho, why is your hood stiking up on the back? it's like it's lifted??? just wondering...
    It's hood spacers. Some get them to fix clearance issues with a motor swap, some say it draws more air through. I don't think it does though.

and good call on the grandkids. I didn't want to offend anyone if that was your 16yo's but I know I'd kill my kid, lol.

Certified Gearhead

BORICUACIVICR you know i already love this car. brings back memories of the one i had the same color. The rx7 is under the knife getting ready for the dyno sunday. But im gonna try to come to the meet tomorrow night in my conquest to see this car!

Claro que si, alla vamos a estar este Jueves sin falta.. [english version: Of course, we'll be there this Thursday for sure]
    You fellas need to check out fuegos ! Las mas bellas beijas de norte Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by gottraction? View Post
    BORICUACIVICR you know i already love this car. brings back memories of the one i had the same color. The rx7 is under the knife getting ready for the dyno sunday. But im gonna try to come to the meet tomorrow night in my conquest to see this car!

lol... thanks man, hope to see ya at th meet, I am ready for your RX7 so bring it cuz I already brough it!! lol...jk...

Quote Originally Posted by cactusEG View Post
    You fellas need to check out fuegos ! Las mas bellas beijas de norte Atlanta
    What??? what the hell is "Fuegos" and "Beijas"?

Ethan testing out the Rex...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgesosMWMsM

Certified Gearhead

lol... thanks man, hope to see ya at th meet, I am ready for your RX7 so bring it cuz I already brough it!! lol...jk...
    lol well it should be back together saturday nightish. dyno day is sunday. i can let you know the rwd then!!! you should come out to 3face for that!

Well, my transmission just shatered in pices! huge crack on the bottom of it all of the fluid was spilled.... I gues I need a new trainny, anybody?? So no meet tonight for me, sorry to all that was gonna meet with us tonight hopefuly I can get it all fix by next week.

looks very nice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12