Thread: Forged Performance: 1000+ WHP GT-R Tuning Trip to Dubai

Default Forged Performance: 1000+ WHP GT-R Tuning Trip to Dubai

In the words of Sharif:

It’s hard to believe this is my 4th trip to Dubai in as many months but with the glut of high performance GT-R’s in need of specialized tuning and troubleshooting in the UAE, things have been busier than ever. None of this would be possible, without having the trust and faith in the 16 fine individuals that make up Forged Performance that continue running general operations while I am away. Seemingly things run even smoother when I gone…haha!

Tam Auto Engineering and Hally Auto are the epicenter of many of the higher powered GT-R’s and track oriented cars in the UAE and Tam’s General Manager, Motez, has been staying very busy and is always a gracious host whenever I am in town. He and his staff work through all hours of the night, literally, to make sure his clients are taken care of and we maximize my time here. Hally Auto Dubai is the exclusive distributor of all HKS products in the UAE, and Singh is a wonderfully helpful individual that help amass many of the parts we’ve installed in these GT-R’s.

Tuning in Dubai presents a number of unique challenges not the least of which is the extreme heat and humidity. Add to this that most “races” in Dubai consists of 2nd through 6th gear pulls to the rev limiter or top speed, whichever occurs first. It’s not uncommon to see impromptu races that reach 200mph as the drivers hammer through all 6 gears. So my tuning strategy must also take this into account. A 1000whp GT-R can see a 160mph-170mph 1/4 mile trap speed in contrast to the 200mph+ speeds we might see in Dubai with the engine injesting ambient air in the 120F-130F range.

On my previous trip to Dubai, we were held back by fuel pressure issues related to the type of lines used in the fuel system. AMS was quick to act, and provided us with the proper fuel upgrades just in time. Tam and his team customized and adapted the rest of the fuel system with uprated lines and secure fittings. With the fuel system completed, this trip would hopefully allow me to complete several big powered GT-R tunes with stable fuel pressure so critical at this power levels.

First car on the agenda was Ali’s. This has to be one of the top GT-R’s on the planet. The mod list is never ending and I could consume many pages simply enumerating the mods performed. Here are the basics just on the drivetrain side.

Greddy 4.0L Shortblock
    Head Games Cylinder Heads with Ferrea oversized values and hardware
    Jun Intake Ported TB
    Greddy XL Intercooler
    HKS 272 Cams…then switched to Kelford custom grind (much better)
    ID2000 Injectors
    AMS Fuel System with twin in tank Bosche 004’s
    AMS/Dallas Performance Spec Alpha 10 Turbo Kit
    Dodson 1st Gear Upgrade
    Dodson Pro Max Cutch
    Dodson supporting parts
    Dodson FWD Clutches and Shaft
    OSG Rear Differential/HKS Kansai Front Diff
    Forged Performance One Mile calibration
    VP C16 Race Fuel
    Dyno Dynamics Dyno
    TE37 Super Lap’s with Mickey Thompson ET Street’s

After the first partial dyno pull, it was clear we had the fuel system issue completely solved. Rock stable pressure that rose and maintained 1:1 with boost pressure. A look of relief quickly appeared on everyone’s face as we knew some big numbers could be achieved.

Using Cobb Tuning’s Speed Density based calibration strategy, it’s remarkable that I can make a big turbo, and cammed GT-R with enormous 2200cc ID Injectors, start, run, and idle just like stock. Cobb’s tuning software is a dream for the professional engine calibrator and gives me real-time control over all key engine parameters I need to craft a perfect tune. Because I already had previous break-in and tuning time on this GT-R from the last trip, it didn’t take long to see 780whp on pump gas, followed shortly by 1022whp on C16 Race Fuel.

Ali and Khalifa studied the dyno chart closely and were all smiles! Ali in particular hates having his picture taken, but I was able to creep up and snap this while he wasn’t looking.

The big question is how does it drive on the street? Words simply cannot describe what a 1000whp+ and lightened R35 GT-R with proper tires and a smooth open road feels like. The public roads in Dubai are as smooth as a Formula 1 track; not one crack or deformation in the pavement to be seen. Couple that with warm evening weather, still warm asphalt and tires and this monster can actually hook up fairly well from a roll. The surge of acceleration is violent, yet stable not unlike a nuclear reactor. Endless power and acceleration all the way to the 7900rpm rev limiter I prescribed. On my next visit, I will bring a V-Box, and several cameras so we can quantify just how fast this GT-R is.

And even more important than the power produced, is the fine people that I’ve come to call my friends. Motaz, Ali, Singh, Khalifa, Joker, and all the others extended hospitality that would befit a king. This is the culture of the Middle East, where guests are treated like family..even better than family! Always smiling, and happy to help us achieve our goals. And in the end, we have some very happy clients nearly 8000 miles away from Forged Performance. Thank you and see you all soon!

-Sharif@Forged

For more photos of this monster GT-R check out the feature on Speedhunters Blog: 1022WHP GT-R
    Last edited by CHADbee; 09-01-2011 at 03:47 PM.

thats badass

Nice!
    resize pic

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    thats badass

x2

Wish I was there.

Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Black4DrEK View Post
    x2

Wish I was there.
    Me too lol one day.....

A world renowned shop, right in my backyard. Great job forged.

thats gtr has to feel like a rocket when taking off

Chad the pictures sucked because you wasn't there to take them haha! This is some cool stuff for a Ga. shop to have under their belts.
    zoom-zoom-zoom

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    A world renowned shop, right in my backyard. Great job forged.
    Thank you good Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by 2turbo4u View Post
    Chad the pictures sucked because you wasn't there to take them haha! This is some cool stuff for a Ga. shop to have under their belts.
    Haha I know right, I keep saying they need some high quality shots of the shop and cars there......

Check the end of the OP for a link to Speedhunters feature

hang a left, make a right and you're there

one word: Money!!!!!!!!!

Miss you guys. Keep building kick ass shit.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

Cant wait to see the vbox numbers, they got some biiiig shoes to fill in the 60-130 category...sick car, wish you could of gone to get some great pics. I wanna see how close this gets to UGR's nera's 3.04 60-130 time
    1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide

Quote Originally Posted by Blitanicle99 View Post
    Miss you guys. Keep building kick ass shit.
    <3
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted347 View Post
    Cant wait to see the vbox numbers, they got some biiiig shoes to fill in the 60-130 category...sick car, wish you could of gone to get some great pics. I wanna see how close this gets to UGR's nera's 3.04 60-130 time
    Yeah we do lol UGR has that on lock lol but I have no doubt this car would put down some VERY impressive 60-130 numbers

O yea awd ftw lol I love me some gtrs
    1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide

Untouchable

Too my suprise there is alot of street racing going on in dubai. I have been there about 15+ times and i have seen them just shut down a hwy for some pulls. Dubai and its cars never cease to amaze me.

Wow, this is impressive!

Senior Member | IA Veteran

pretty much everything i see on this forum in relation to Forged is extremely impressive. probably the best part about this site.

It looks like a chop top without a wing. Car is ugly as hell but makes impressive numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteryder View Post
    Too my suprise there is alot of street racing going on in dubai. I have been there about 15+ times and i have seen them just shut down a hwy for some pulls. Dubai and its cars never cease to amaze me.
    Stop by TAM Auto next time you are there, that is the shop that built this car and many more insane cars running around Dubai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    pretty much everything i see on this forum in relation to Forged is extremely impressive. probably the best part about this site.
    Ha! Thank you, glad to hear people honestly enjoy our posts here. I will keep them coming

SOUTHERN SPEED

Good stuff i need a ride.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111