Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pics of the Hyundai Equus

Quote Originally Posted by BKgen® View Post
    Ah, yes.. Rhys Millen's new entry for Pikes Peak 2010.
    Ah, I see you are familiar with the internet.

I strive to be current on intrawebs happenings.

I LIKE IT

WTFUDGE IS THAT THING!!!?? THAT THING SHOULD BE CRUSHED AND AND and...oh it's a Hyundai. Ok never mind. A+

I thought i seen one the other day at the hyundai headquarters, i would cruise in one and smile all day doing it.
    zoom-zoom-zoom

this car is def not your ord hyundai

not a fan of the hood emblem

Hyundai is bad about reverse engineering toyota/lexus products and stealing their styling ques. This car is certainly no exception!

Quote Originally Posted by green91 View Post
    Hyundai is bad about reverse engineering toyota/lexus products and stealing their styling ques. This car is certainly no exception!
    Good thing no other car company has done that.

i dont see it selling very well. For $48000-58000 there are so many better cars out there. When you get in that price range its about status symbol and quality.

The Genesis sells well because its exactly what every guy in their 20s wanted, a 4 cylinder turbo RWD car with LSD, track edition etc. its also a car that a lot of college and high school girls will drive. Its sleek and powerful enough a guy wants it, its sleek and good looking that a girl would drive it. Its the best of both worlds.

and its SUB $25000 for the track version lol Whats its competition? the Civic SI?

I think them producing a $48k+ car is out of their market demographic. Its hard enough for ACURA to go up against Lexus and BMW let alone Hyundai.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Id rather have a fully loaded Audi S5 for $58000 sorry

http://www.edmunds.com/audi/s5/2010/review.html
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by XanRules View Post
    currently my only problem with Hyundai is the one they're having with this and the Genesis Sedan - no Hyundai badge anywhere, like they're ashamed of themselves.
    Hyundai is kicking ass and taking names right now - say it loud and say it proud!

Its strategic marketing, they've had a rough reputation and they are trying to leave it behind very smart move. Most people, including myself could see a really good looking car and just dismiss it because of who makes it.

courtesy of whoever posted this before I stole it.

Da Nastyist Whipz Member #9

"Muh fuggas don kno, got dat gangsta green biniss maikin tha dirtlegs say HAY. Da Naystiezt whipz, rillis crew in da A"

hang a left, make a right and you're there

that interior is too sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    i dont see it selling very well. For $48000-58000 there are so many better cars out there. When you get in that price range its about status symbol and quality.

The Genesis sells well because its exactly what every guy in their 20s wanted, a 4 cylinder turbo RWD car with LSD, track edition etc. its also a car that a lot of college and high school girls will drive. Its sleek and powerful enough a guy wants it, its sleek and good looking that a girl would drive it. Its the best of both worlds.

and its SUB $25000 for the track version lol Whats its competition? the Civic SI?

I think them producing a $48k+ car is out of their market demographic. Its hard enough for ACURA to go up against Lexus and BMW let alone Hyundai.
    You do realize that the Genesis is also a 4 door luxury sedan right? And that it's selling well?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdsrock22 View Post
    You do realize that the Genesis is also a 4 door luxury sedan right? And that it's selling well?
    I know that our second in command at Mercer drives a Genesis, and so do a couple other well-to-do's. I see this thing working.

*my bad on the double post*

Nice Buick.
    I gots stuff..probaby some of it is cooler than yours, while not as cool as theirs...But stuff comes and goes and should never be used to judge someone on their character...Stuff doesnt make the man. Men make the stuff. -Unless a woman made the stuff.

nice car. but would still never get a hyundai
    :idb:

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdsrock22 View Post
    Yes i know the Sedan, which is $33,000. Still priced VERY cheap to its competition. I mean it really has no competition. Youve got the Honda Accord, Camry which really arent considered "luxury" cars. They are nice cars none the less. The genesis is in a weird location. IMO its direct competition is

TSX V6 which has less of a warranty, its FWD, and costs $3000 more

TL V6 which is the same as a TSX, less of a warranty, same gas mileage, $3000 more

IS250 costs $1000 less but has a much smaller motor (2.5 to 3.8l) , less of a warranty slightly better gas mileage, etc.

I mean the GenSedan does exactly what the GenCoupe does, its cheaper and better than the competition. This new car at $48-58k, sorry in that price level it wont attract the same buyers that go to their lower priced cars. Id much rather get an AUdi S5 over some new hyundai.

The people buying $33000 cars and UNDER are NOT THE SAME PEOPLE buying $50000+ cars
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Id much rather get an AUdi S5 over some new hyundai.
    I agree 100%

I just posted it up because the interior is fuckin' ballin for a Hyundai. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BKgen® View Post
    I agree 100%

I just posted it up because the interior is fuckin' ballin for a Hyundai. lol
    Man i dont knock Hyundai at all i think they are going in the right direction. I rarely see passion and enthusiasm from car makers anymore. Hyundai seems like Honda was in the mid to late 90s. I think its cool for them to build a car no one expects them to make, and this is an ambitious endeavor. I thought it might be a little soon to do this kind of car, but im sure their marketing and sales people have way more knowledge than i do lol

I hope it does work for them.

Price Tag aside, it is almost bentley like comfort, that may be the angle they are going for. I mean i dont think an S5 has massage seats and captains chairs with footrests. They may be gearing this toward the people that want $100000-$200000 luxury in a sub $60000 car. If that is the case it could work out in their favor.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Yes i know the Sedan, which is $33,000. Still priced VERY cheap to its competition. I mean it really has no competition. Youve got the Honda Accord, Camry which really arent considered "luxury" cars. They are nice cars none the less. The genesis is in a weird location. IMO its direct competition is

TSX V6 which has less of a warranty, its FWD, and costs $3000 more

TL V6 which is the same as a TSX, less of a warranty, same gas mileage, $3000 more

IS250 costs $1000 less but has a much smaller motor (2.5 to 3.8l) , less of a warranty slightly better gas mileage, etc.

I mean the GenSedan does exactly what the GenCoupe does, its cheaper and better than the competition. This new car at $48-58k, sorry in that price level it wont attract the same buyers that go to their lower priced cars. Id much rather get an AUdi S5 over some new hyundai.

The people buying $33000 cars and UNDER are NOT THE SAME PEOPLE buying $50000+ cars
    the genesis sedan/equus is not in the class with those cars. The price maybe, but it severly outclasses those cars. If its bigger than a 460, and slightly smaller than a S class.

Its competition is the big lexury sedan The top dogs are the S Class and the LS.
    Tl - IS - camry accord - S5 arent even in the same category as these cars..

Audi A8
    Price Range: $74,550 - $120,100

Lexus LS460
    Price Range: $63,825 - $77,260

Lexus LS600H
    Price Range: $106,035

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
    Price Range: $87,950 - $201,150

Hyundai equus
    38,000-58,000

As much praise as the genesis sedan has been getting its not gonna stop. I just hope it brings back the big asian luxury cars to the states...lol

The equus has always been very succesful car for hyundai.. since 1999

Quote Originally Posted by JITB View Post
    the genesis sedan/equus is not in the class with those cars. The price maybe, but it severly outclasses those cars. If its bigger than a 460, and slightly smaller than a S class.

Its competition is the big lexury sedan The top dogs are the S Class and the LS.
    Tl - IS - camry accord - S5 arent even in the same category as these cars..

Audi A8
    Price Range: $74,550 - $120,100

Lexus LS460
    Price Range: $63,825 - $77,260

Lexus LS600H
    Price Range: $106,035

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
    Price Range: $87,950 - $201,150

Hyundai equus
    38,000-58,000

As much praise as the genesis sedan has been getting its not gonna stop. I just hope it brings back the big asian luxury cars to the states...lol

The equus has always been very succesful car for hyundai.. since 1999
    thats being a little ambiguous im sorry and thats a STRETCH at best at a comparison. Ask any consumer whats the one thing they are looking for and its PRICE. so you should be comparing cars close to its price range and it its competition. Please dont sit here an tell me that a $60000 car is rivaling a $120000 car.

you forget people that are looking at Mercedes and BMW an want a $100000+ car, ARENT looking for a cheap hyundai that does the same thing. They want the NAME.

So thats why comparing these cars, even my comparisons is kinda dumb.

You really think if Hyundai came out with a ferrari killer that people would buy it over a ferrari (no those people want the name and the history)
    -www.usedbarcode.net

you forget people that are looking at Mercedes and BMW an want a $100000+ car, ARENT looking for a cheap hyundai that does the same thing. They want the NAME.

You really think if Hyundai came out with a ferrari killer that people would buy it over a ferrari (no those people want the name and the history)
    I'm sure we'll find out in 10 years. I'm sure people said the same thing about Honda is the early eighties. And they sold a whole lot of NSX's.

BTW, they are replacing the owner's manual with an IPad. Thaaaat's pretty cool.

thats being a little ambiguous im sorry and thats a STRETCH at best at a comparison. Ask any consumer whats the one thing they are looking for and its PRICE. so you should be comparing cars close to its price range and it its competition. Please dont sit here an tell me that a $60000 car is rivaling a $120000 car.

brand loyalists are brand loyalists.. But if its a full size luxury sedan its gonna be in the same class. Why woudl u compare cars that are half its size(IS-tl-tsx) which are mid size sedans. The Mercedes is neck and neck with the LS600h, which turns out that the 10 LS isnt what its cracked up to be. And its 100k, which is half the price of the S class. And the 760 is $80,455 - $136,600. people with money are smart, and they compare.. You dont compare prices, you compare options, and sizes.

Options and sizes sure, but i think when you look at cars in that price level, you are also looking at other factors. What do i know though

Oh well neither of can prove shit, so well see
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The Philanthropist Dirty Octopus™'s Avatar

Wooooooooow dass just bawllin'!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12