Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Aussies strike again!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    ROLLING DEEP manilikecars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ooltewah
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,237
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    love the engine bay...thats about it.

  2. #2
    I GOT IT!
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lithonia, GA
    Posts
    822
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    thats why i have a problem with no one can think outside the box. Its like if he has a skyline he "must" have 19" bronze volks, 4" trust exhaust, stock bumper, t88 turbo, red bride seats, 1000hp. i mean damn can someone do something different and not have a bunch of carbon copies of the same car over and over and over again. Its not a ugly ride IMO.
    Hybridaccord
    PS3 online screen name: Eiswritsat

  3. #3
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,743
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by browningboy7 View Post
    I realize that it's a show car, But it's also a show car from like 7 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    Lil' jon called... he wants his wheels back.
    These. LMAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    I'm assumming thats a generic poke?

    I'm not saying theres anything wrong with it. I'm actually big against cultural imperialism. Alot of people say "the Aussies are stuck in the 90's", but most have never thought that maybe we're behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Lil' jon's Range Rover and Merc are actually pretty tasteful. My Uncle lives 2 houses down from him.
    Don't take this the wrong way, because I've never had a problem with you... but this style looks like something straight from 2003. I mean, when were the UGLY ass veilside Supras built? It's reminiscent of that attrocious style.



    Quote Originally Posted by JC Bimmer View Post
    wow this brings back awful memories from need for speed underground 2.
    lol. Agreed. Refer to image above.

    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid90accord View Post
    thats why i have a problem with no one can think outside the box. Its like if he has a skyline he "must" have 19" bronze volks, 4" trust exhaust, stock bumper, t88 turbo, red bride seats, 1000hp. i mean damn can someone do something different and not have a bunch of carbon copies of the same car over and over and over again.
    I was understanding what you were saying until (disregarding the fact that you think a past style is original)...

    Its not a ugly ride IMO.
    That's your opinion, but LOL... it's now invalid.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

  4. #4
    BA8 Squad member #1 Drummerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Marietta
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, because I've never had a problem with you... but this style looks like something straight from 2003. I mean, when were the UGLY ass veilside Supras built? It's reminiscent of that attrocious style.
    I understand what you're saying, but if you notice, you said "[it] looks like something straight from 2003." That is the definition of cultural imperialism. It's the basic idea that one culture influences another to the point where culture "B" conforms to culture "A". No one says anything negative about the Bedowin style housing in Israel, or the Cobblestone roads in Prague compared to the housing and roads in America. Yet, when it comes to things like cars, everyone assumes we are the standard and everyone should be like us.

    Disclaimer: I don't like the look of this car- Anything about it. But I wouldn't tell the owner to go change X,Y&Z.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!