Wow, I'm so impressed with HPD. I had police escorts in the front, back, and besides me. I counted 8 police bikes and 2 police cars on the H3. For a minute there, I thought I was President Bush, ruler of the free world, getting the police escorts, cars, and even a helicopter for the whole cruise. VIP treatment all the way.
I work on helicopters, and these police choppers cost $1200 - $2000 an hour (depending on the model) just for the maintenance usage to BREAK EVEN. From 12 noon till 3ish, the helicopter was floating around, and they must have had to at least refuel at least once.
Let's see - motorcycle cops get more than car cops, PLUS, they had to come out full force on a Sunday, so I estimate that to be about $xx/hr times 8 bikes... and of course, add the 2 cars... for SEVERAL HOURS.
So yeah, after riding with the pack for at least 2 hours, and not seeing any stunters or speeders, they HAD to pull everyone over to produce results. They were looking to crucify someone, and from what I gather, they gave some folks a very hard time. That's why I have to record all my rides, because at any moment, they could pile on trumped-up felony charges like what a cop did to me at 13 Turns.