Thread: need some legal help

Default need some legal help

long story short, i just got into a car accident after work (work 3rd shift) , my car rolled over and a i am not hurt bad, i called my work place to get today off to rest and take care of this issue with insurance and other stuff, either take vacation pay or no pay was fine with me but bc due to the large amount of work they told me i had to come in no matter what...im like WTF?? is this something i can fight back and if so please lead me the way. i have been google for legal consultation but nothing also i do not want to approach HR yet
    "Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another." – John Dewey

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

yeah, since your not hurt, it doesnt matter that you had a car wreck. Its (to the company) that your just not coming in. Take care of your personal business on your own time, and go to work as you should.
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

IA.COM Founder.

That's a crappy company. I would hate to work for a company that does not take care of their people, especially for an incident like this.

If you think you will need more then 3 days off, maybe FMLA could be an option.

Legally, is not much you can really do.. ( open to interpretation ) you can sue anyone..lol

However, this sounds like an easy case for a UI hearing in you're favor, if you are telling the truth..just saying.