Thread: Anyone know how to get credit with no credit?

Southern Belle

Default Anyone know how to get credit with no credit?

I honestly dont know where to post this at so hopefully im right.
    Anyone know how to get credit with no credit??
    you cant get many credit cards with no credit and
    i want to a loan type situation or credit card.. preferably a loan but
    ill be happy with either. Thanks a lot for anyones imput

Get a credit card for people who have bad credit. Rather than using cash, put it on the credit card, and used the cash you would of spent on paying the credit card off at the end of the month.

Southern Belle

oh ok ive heard about those. about how long does it take to establish a little bit of credit?
    im such a NOOB at stuff like this

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Theres always the hillbilly credit card:

Also available in Platinum:

Are you just really young w/ no credit... or you have credit but it's like a sunken ship in water? If your really young w/ no credit most major cc's have a 500 dollar starter cc to get you started. Just apply for one of those and pay on time, and pay more dollars than what you owe a month for better credit than just paying the limit amount. Say you owe 15.00 dollars a month on payment... throw in 25.00 a month, it's better on your credit score. Look into Capitalone, Mastercard and so forth.

Southern Belle

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    Theres always the hillbilly credit card:

Also available in Platinum:

LOL. im not slick enough to get away with it, im fairly clumsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Greddypacked View Post
    Are you just really young w/ no credit... or you have credit but it's like a sunken ship in water? If your really young w/ no credit most major cc's have a 500 dollar starter cc to get you started. Just apply for one of those and pay on time, and pay more dollars than what you owe a month for better credit than just paying the limit amount. Say you owe 15.00 dollars a month on payment... throw in 25.00 a month, it's better on your credit score. Look into Capitalone, Mastercard and so forth.

and thanks! thats some good info. im 20 and i dont have any credit whatsoever. and i guess its harder for me since i have no credit to get a credit card but thanks and ill def look into that

Cell phone plan in your name, and credit card. That is what got me a credit score in the mid 600's which allowed me to get an apartment, which then gave me just under 700. For a young person this is what I see fit. Capital One is what I got and they arent bad. Just pay on time and you will be good, otherwise you really will get screwed hard. Hurry though bc in Feb anyone under 21 will have to have a parents/guardian signature in order to get one. Laws have changed for Credit Cards and it is for the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

The first step is setting up a bank account. From there your bank can probably get you a credit card with a $500 limit. If you can't get the regular credit card you might be able to get a secured credit card (you put up a $500 deposit and get a card with a $500 credit limit).

You can also probably get a Macys card pretty easily... they give you a 25% discount or something like that with it (and theres usually also a 10 or 20% off coupon in their circulars too). Buy some stuff, pay it off quickly, that will start your credit history.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    The first step is setting up a bank account. From there your bank can probably get you a credit card with a $500 limit. If you can't get the regular credit card you might be able to get a secured credit card (you put up a $500 deposit and get a card with a $500 credit limit).

You can also probably get a Macys card pretty easily... they give you a 25% discount or something like that with it (and theres usually also a 10 or 20% off coupon in their circulars too). Buy some stuff, pay it off quickly, that will start your credit history.
    Bank accounts will def help, though I havent had one until 3-4 months ago and I have a good credit score. Macy's card is the bomb! I got a $2000 that was on sale for $800 bed for 250 bucks!

yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

Just becarefull not to get in too much debt. Always taken in what your comfortable with paying back. Start with a credit card. Put all your expenses on it and pay it off completely by the end of the month.

Learning everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by umairejaz View Post
    Just becarefull not to get in too much debt. Always taken in what your comfortable with paying back. Start with a credit card. Put all your expenses on it and pay it off completely by the end of the month.
    Paying it off quickly and all by the get go wont get you as good of credit if you pay monthly and more than the limit amount just saying.

Secured credit card is your best bet. Here is an article about them..

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/cred...it-card-1.aspx

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greddypacked View Post
    Paying it off quickly and all by the get go wont get you as good of credit if you pay monthly and more than the limit amount just saying.
    CC are the highest interest rate loans you can get. I'd rather save my money then to limit my payment. In return I've got perfect credit with all these companies begging to loan me money.

Best way to get money from the bank is to prove you really don't need it. :P

Learning everyday.

secured credit card from your bank is your best, and safest, bet. If you get one that is tied to your savings account (hint, hint) as your savings go up, so does your credit limit.

Southern Belle

sweet thanks guys youve def helped me figure things out.

Southern Belle

reps to you guys for helping me

Thank ya mam

Amen.

read my thread

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

Two things a man should maintain to the highest degree
    credibility and reputation

I got a got a credit card from Wachovia to get some credit so I can go back to them to get a loan for car or whatever. And pay the bill on time with a nice percentage over the minimum. And also just get in good with the bank and the people that work there, they will really give you the hook up.

"Yo son, u need 2 put dat chevy on some 4s wid a lil liff maine. An den get sum candy 4 it, den you have dat sh*t lukin rite"