Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Interesting Article on Gov't & Katrina

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Volun-told. HEATON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Anchorage, AK - Kuwait
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,718
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    National Guard


    The people took their lives in their own hands when they stayed behind.
    Its the Reserve not the Guard, the guard is funding by and paid by the Fed Govt. Reserves are state funded,( not pickin on ya, jus enlighting..no worries)

    and YEs PPL STAYED BEHIND.. WHY? and Yet they STILL want to stay behind..WTF? Even now when troops are going door to door to tell ppl hey lets go, they are like no thanks..DAMMNIT ppl.. dont bitch if your not even gonn follow.


  2. #2
    Cobra KAI AznTraitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,964
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HEATON
    Its the Reserve not the Guard, the guard is funding by and paid by the Fed Govt. Reserves are state funded,( not pickin on ya, jus enlighting..no worries)

    and YEs PPL STAYED BEHIND.. WHY? and Yet they STILL want to stay behind..WTF? Even now when troops are going door to door to tell ppl hey lets go, they are like no thanks..DAMMNIT ppl.. dont bitch if your not even gonn follow.

    sorry, that's what I meant.

    on CNN the other day, there was a VERY righteous woman who got the chance to talk to the Senator of Louisiana...and her theory on what is going on...


    crazy black lady:
    "we are being treated like....like...SLAVES!!! I live in the United States, where the Declaration of Independence says I have the right to FREEDOM, and RIGHT TO MY HOME!"

    senator:
    "I understand your frustration, but sanitarily speaking, the area is not safe, and if something happens, we will not be able to send firemen, police, or medical help"

    the lady was interrupting while he was speaking

    crazy black lady
    "Senator, Senator, Senator, just say what you really want to say...if you want us to stay off the streets, say so....if you are scared we are gonna loot, just say so, if you think we are animals, just say so"

    senator:
    "No one is trying to make this a black and white issue....we are just trying to clean up the area and make it safe for everyone to come back too, and I dont understand why you refer to yourself as a slave?"

    crazy black lady:
    "I feel like a slave because I'm a African American and you are kicking me out of my home and it displaces me and it upsets me, that's why I feel like a slave"

    ....when I saw that, I about spit out my water and I wonder how stupid some people can be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!