Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Any stock traders?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    John Paul II, wat!? blaknoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,294
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    I'm not a stock broker, but I DO kno u need to diversify. Dont keep all them eggs in one basket. I'm looking into it myself. I'm choosing the ones that are down for the moment; the stock market always recovers.

    So... I'm choosing the housing market businesses (Lowes, Home Depot) and things of that nature and a few others. But... the only other recommendation I would propose (being a noob to this) is to either buy or rent the book: The Only Investment Guide You Will Ever Need, by: Andrew Tobias. Its full of handy info for the noob and he doesnt sugar coat it.

    CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

  2. #2
    Moderator BanginJimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hiram, GA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,499
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaknoize
    I'm not a stock broker, but I DO kno u need to diversify. Dont keep all them eggs in one basket. I'm looking into it myself. I'm choosing the ones that are down for the moment; the stock market always recovers.

    So... I'm choosing the housing market businesses (Lowes, Home Depot) and things of that nature and a few others. But... the only other recommendation I would propose (being a noob to this) is to either buy or rent the book: The Only Investment Guide You Will Ever Need, by: Andrew Tobias. Its full of handy info for the noob and he doesnt sugar coat it.

    Thanks for the info, I'll look into that book.

    I advise to check out bear sterns if you are already trading. This is a company that was trading at over $150.00 a share at this time last year and is just under $11.00 a share now. They will continue to make gains as people regain trust in them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!