Thread: Drummerboy's 96 Prelude build thread

Hybrid View

Thanks man. It's a slow build due to money, but it's coming along okay. I may be rebuilding my turbo soon, got a bit of white smoke while in boost...

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Thanks man. It's a slow build due to money, but it's coming along okay. I may be rebuilding my turbo soon, got a bit of white smoke while in boost...
    I know exactly what you mean about the money thing. lol. Just about all of my money goes towards bills and putting my wife through school. I know it will all pay off though so I dont mind. Just buy what you can when you can and learn how to do stuff your self. It sounds like you have some good buddies too that dontmind helping, that is always a plus!
    F22 powered 94 Civic hatchback!
    03 GSX-R 1000....SOLD!!
    00 Civic Si......SOLD!!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMW View Post
    I know exactly what you mean about the money thing. lol. Just about all of my money goes towards bills and putting my wife through school. I know it will all pay off though so I dont mind. Just buy what you can when you can and learn how to do stuff your self. It sounds like you have some good buddies too that dontmind helping, that is always a plus!
    I'm right there with you. my girlfriend is wanting to get married as soon as we graduate college. We've been together 3 1/2 years, so I don't mind, but fun stuff will be put on hold, I'm sure.

I'm a mechanical engineering student, so I have access to tools and machines that alot of people have a hard time finding, so it helps alot with my own fabrication stuff. Right now I'm working on an intake manifold that I'm designing myself. Should have a power band that starts around 2500rpm (about when my turbo starts pulling decently) all the way to 6800-7200. Low end torque should have decent gains to compensate for the turbo lag.

Next is designing a rear subframe brace, sway bar mounts, and LCA's, because no one makes them for my car. All using the schools machines, and I get credit for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    I'm right there with you. my girlfriend is wanting to get married as soon as we graduate college. We've been together 3 1/2 years, so I don't mind, but fun stuff will be put on hold, I'm sure.

I'm a mechanical engineering student, so I have access to tools and machines that alot of people have a hard time finding, so it helps alot with my own fabrication stuff. Right now I'm working on an intake manifold that I'm designing myself. Should have a power band that starts around 2500rpm (about when my turbo starts pulling decently) all the way to 6800-7200. Low end torque should have decent gains to compensate for the turbo lag.

Next is designing a rear subframe brace, sway bar mounts, and LCA's, because no one makes them for my car. All using the schools machines, and I get credit for it!
    sounds good man. When you do, be sure to post up some pics. I bet it is really convenient having access to all the tools you need to design and make your own parts. Thats awesome!
    F22 powered 94 Civic hatchback!
    03 GSX-R 1000....SOLD!!
    00 Civic Si......SOLD!!

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

I dont like any of the lip ideas, but I guess there isnt much to choose from. I had a 92 si about 6 years ago, and had the same wheel experience almost, loud knocking while driving, but not while braking and accelerating, I was young and it took me a few mins of feeling around until a lugnut almost burned my arm off, to figure it was lugnuts.

and it was 1 day before "nopi" so i was in your shoes with the whole show frustration thing.

batlground promised huge gains on my srt-4 with there tuning....well they had a guy that tuned subies and told me he hates srt-4s tune it and gained me a whopping 1 hp. for 4xx.xx

I still love the dash configuration of these preludes.
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.