Thread: Just bought a new car so...

IA Member

Default Just bought a new car so...

Sup ia, just bought a 03 is300, its diamond white pearl and so far stock everything, thinking about lowering my car, trying to go for a stance look, which would be the best suspension including brand of coilovers, camber kit, etc. thanks guys n gals in advance. Also, im looking for a nice steady ride, not too bouncy not too firm, and yes i kno the consequences lol.

You may want to visit clublexus, myis, etc. Most individuals on here are Honda fan boys and lack proper guidance.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by hondagamesik View Post
    Sup ia, just bought a 03 is300, its diamond white pearl and so far stock everything, thinking about lowering my car, trying to go for a stance look, which would be the best suspension including brand of coilovers, camber kit, etc. thanks guys n gals in advance. Also, im looking for a nice steady ride, not too bouncy not too firm, and yes i kno the consequences lol.
    best suspension is in the eyes of the beholder.

for what you are looking for, i would go with either Fortune Auto, Tein, KW, JIC, Stance, etc. the cheaper you go, the more bouncy it will be.
    Zen Motors LLC
    Local Phone:770.904.2868
    E-Mail: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord View Post
    Most individuals on here are Honda fan boys and lack proper guidance.
    Yep, the ricers here clearly know nothing about IS300's
    -fb-5-jpg

IA Member

Haha, thanks folks, yeah so i found out so far that megan racing ez, tein, and stance are the top three, im kind of leaning towards the megans due to stance are wayyy top dollar lol, and tein i heard from friends you cant go as low, what u guys think?

Stance are not wayyy top dollar. I'd recommend them over Megans any day of the week.

IA Member

Really? I see that megans go for 650+ and stance about 1200+

Thats still cheap for a set of coilovers to me. Everyone has different standards I guess.

Does Function Form not make a set for that car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by hondagamesik View Post
    Really? I see that megans go for 650+ and stance about 1200+
    $1200 isn't even halfway to top-dollar.

These aren't even top dollar... But you get the idea. KW Variant 3 Coilovers Lexus IS300 35257001

But congrats on buying a Lexus, but it sounds like you're going to need a bit of luck to be able to afford it.

IA Member

So stance is the way to go? Whats good about the kw variant 3 coilovers? Thanks Echonova, But yeah money isnt an issue just want something that will last and have decent ride quality for a daily.

IA Member

Tein are the best IMO

Quote Originally Posted by l0l View Post
    Tein are the best IMO
    Compared to what? That's the probably with reviews these days, people state "they are the best" yet what are you comparing them to to say their the best?

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
    Compared to what? That's the probably with reviews these days, people state "they are the best" yet what are you comparing them to to say their the best?
    Best for daily driving as OP STATED... Not too stiff, not too soft, very comfortable. I am all the way down on mine and you really can't notice when riding inside. Handles potholes very well.

Ok but what are you comparing them to to say they're the best?

This thread...is funny.

Stance = high dollar? Yeah right, it's just slapped together with spring rates and dampening set blindly for vehicle weight. I'd be shocked if any of those companies actually care to put in a little real R&D to find out how their product actually works/feels on the cars they market them to....and people think that stiffer/lower than stock is automatically better. It's sad really. Same goes for all of the generic eBay/Chinese suspension "kits" out there. But since the OP is only going for looks/bandwagon status, just get the cheap shit that gets you low....$200 coilovers or $4,000 coilovers will be of no difference to you if you just want to be "stanced", seriously.

l0l- And what are you running them on?
    02' Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    This thread...is funny.

Stance = high dollar? Yeah right, it's just slapped together with spring rates and dampening set blindly for vehicle weight. I'd be shocked if any of those companies actually care to put in a little real R&D to find out how their product actually works/feels on the cars they market them to....and people think that stiffer/lower than stock is automatically better. It's sad really. Same goes for all of the generic eBay/Chinese suspension "kits" out there. But since the OP is only going for looks/bandwagon status, just get the cheap shit that gets you low....$200 coilovers or $4,000 coilovers will be of no difference to you if you just want to be "stanced", seriously.

I don't understand the new coilovers these days. Nothing out there is for the street. All linear springs. A buddy of mine has a 98 Type R with a set of older progressive rate coilovers on it, it's lowered, it handles, and it rides like it came from the factory that way. Everything now a days seems to ride like rail cars. And it's our only option. Sad face.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    This thread...is funny.

I agree with you. I have the tein flex on my em1. Rides like from the factory almost. Guess I shouldn't have said they are the best but they ride great in my opinion.

Certified Gearhead

as everyone has stated, 1200 is no where near top dollar for a suspension. JRZ and Moton are what i would consider on the higher end and theres even way more expensive suspension than these. For a good set up, look to spend around 1200-1600. if you want cheap, get the megans. sounds like cheap is what you want, so just get the cheapest crap you can find. happy modding!
    Zen Motors LLC
    Local Phone:770.904.2868
    E-Mail: [email protected]

hang a left, make a right and you're there

i have ksport on my TL and hand Tein SS on my last car and they feel the same to me, i like them, they both around the 1k range, i want some d2s tho