Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customer Spends $250,000 @ Forged Performance and gets broken car

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    ...and the back peddling begins lol
    I lolled at the following comment:

The person who banned him from the event no longer works at Forged Performance, and they're putting new quality control in place to make sure these things don't happen in the future.

Certified Gearhead

Forged has always been known for big screw ups... Topspeed isnt much better if you dig around and look at all the motors they have blown up on the dyno

Man.....why you have to say this....^: was it hardware, software neglect? pee em' me

Sharif's personal song must be "Another One Bites The Dust" lol....because the pattern I see as an outside observer is that every time there is a problem, he just fires the person "responsible" and thinks all is well. Given he is the owner, one would think that he would personally inspect any vehicle in which a customer has paid $20k or more to ensure that everything is done right before releasing it to its owner....even if being out of town delays a final inspection of his employees work. Some of those invoices are mind-boggling at the very least. $10k on wheels and tires?
    02' Miata

It doesnt matter how much anyone spends on any car over any period of time. As a shop owner, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure the customer is happy and all vehicles that come in and out of your shop are not in this condition. I understand that certain things may or may not need to be modified. If something has to be modified to accommodate something else, I would be on the phone with the customer. Im not talking about parts themselves but the physical car itself. Frames and unibodys shouldnt need to be touched.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

LOL Forged groupie?

Look every shop has their horror stories. Unfortunately the performance car market is full of asshats WITH cars and asshats who run shops. You have customers that spend money to do it right and get taken advantage of, and you have guys who will nickle and dime you to death. You also have owners who are HORRIBLE business people.

Topspeed has their fair share of haters and i bet some of its legitimate. Same with Forged. Each shop probably has 10 testimonials, and 10 horror stories. Its just the nature of the business.

Honestly the Forged issue for me is the handling of the situation. On JPs G37 (and i know JP from his EVO days) i saw the car. It was some pretty shoddy work. It was not quality of work i expect from a shop of Forged Performances pedigree.

Now , this GTR, has the same shoddy quality and workmanship associated with backyard mechanics on Honda Civics, certainly not a GTR. As far as the motor blowing up, i mean the dude was trying to make 1000whp, shit happens. No motor is bullet proof.

The problem for me is in BOTH of these instances, Sharif blamed his TECHs, and tried to pass the buck that the problem was solved because "those people no longer work here". To me that is bullshit. Youre the owner of the company, you are responsible for the techs you hire and the standard you hold your shops work too. It is your job to train and implement a standard that all techs will practice. When you see bad work, you correct it, you dont let it go out the door then fire the tech. That doesnt solve the problem.

Sharif would have been better served, IMO, coming out and saying "the work is subpar not indicative of Forged Performance, and Im willing to do whatever it takes to fix the situation in a timely matter". thats it, no excuses. He could have gotten the car back from TS IMO if he just made a push to the guy to do it. But he seemed more inclined to trash TS and blame his fired tech than shouldering the responsibility of being an OWNER.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

^Sounds like a pretty accurate assessment to me

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    LOL Forged groupie?

Look every shop has their horror stories. Unfortunately the performance car market is full of asshats WITH cars and asshats who run shops. You have customers that spend money to do it right and get taken advantage of, and you have guys who will nickle and dime you to death. You also have owners who are HORRIBLE business people.

Topspeed has their fair share of haters and i bet some of its legitimate. Same with Forged. Each shop probably has 10 testimonials, and 10 horror stories. Its just the nature of the business.

Honestly the Forged issue for me is the handling of the situation. On JPs G37 (and i know JP from his EVO days) i saw the car. It was some pretty shoddy work. It was not quality of work i expect from a shop of Forged Performances pedigree.

Now , this GTR, has the same shoddy quality and workmanship associated with backyard mechanics on Honda Civics, certainly not a GTR. As far as the motor blowing up, i mean the dude was trying to make 1000whp, shit happens. No motor is bullet proof.

The problem for me is in BOTH of these instances, Sharif blamed his TECHs, and tried to pass the buck that the problem was solved because "those people no longer work here". To me that is bullshit. Youre the owner of the company, you are responsible for the techs you hire and the standard you hold your shops work too. It is your job to train and implement a standard that all techs will practice. When you see bad work, you correct it, you dont let it go out the door then fire the tech. That doesnt solve the problem.

Sharif would have been better served, IMO, coming out and saying "the work is subpar not indicative of Forged Performance, and Im willing to do whatever it takes to fix the situation in a timely matter". thats it, no excuses. He could have gotten the car back from TS IMO if he just made a push to the guy to do it. But he seemed more inclined to trash TS and blame his fired tech than shouldering the responsibility of being an OWNER.

Lol far from a forged groupie. I dont even like forged.......I guess I do marginally more than topspeed lol. I agree with your assessment and Sharif def should have handled it before it got to this point. Sucks that most performance shops handle business this way. IE dodge problems and hope they go away. Def a lot more negative reviews out there for shops that have never been posted

You guys would all get a kick out of Hennessy if you like reading about this kind of stuff.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SHHHH View Post
    You guys would all get a kick out of Hennessy if you like reading about this kind of stuff.
    I have not heard word one of a good review of Hennessy. Like not even a marginally decent one.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

IA.COM Founder.

Thanks for answering the weld questions.

So... I spoke to someone that for obvious reasons I can't mention, but there is a LOT more to this story then has been mentioned. Mistakes were made on both sides of the table, nothing was denied, but the owner of the car is in some ways, responsible.

There is no doubt in my mind however, that Forged is very responsible for everything they fucked up. As far as TopSpeed goes..... well lets just say they are a lot better at burying their customers and their problems then Forged, whose tactic seems to be 'wait until they all forget.'
    Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
    - John F. Kennedy

Privateer Racing!!

So when I pay someone to build me a house, since I'm not capable to do so and it falls apart. I guess I'm half responsible for making changes while it being built. That's funnnny! Customer paid for something how is he responsible? He want the one installing the part or welding shit half ass.

dc5

Crazy story

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    So when I pay someone to build me a house, since I'm not capable to do so and it falls apart. I guess I'm half responsible for making changes while it being built. That's funnnny! Customer paid for something how is he responsible? He want the one installing the part or welding shit half ass.
    There's about a dozen scenarios I can name, it's not really relevant.

With that said, the customer DIDN'T spend 250K on this car, and from my understanding, the car already had issues. Hence why 'bolt on' parts wouldn't quite fit right. Make sense?

Not saying that Forged didn't do a fuck ton of crappy work, that's pretty obvious here. The car left the shop in crap shape.

That said, if you have someone build a house on top of an old landfill, you have to expect that it's going to be more then dressed up shit.

Point is, there's ALWAYS two sides to every story. And we've only heard one. Sharif didn't do a very good job at handling the situation prior to this getting out, and the way he spoke may not have been in best taste, but do you honestly think that there's nothing more to the story then what you've heard?
    - John F. Kennedy

The customer did in fact spend over $250k on this car. The car did NOT have any issues prior to it's delivery to Forged to be built.

Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
    The customer did in fact spend over $250k on this car. The car did NOT have any issues prior to it's delivery to Forged to be built.
    And this is based off of? Speculation? Stories on the internet?
    - John F. Kennedy

Lets say the car already had issues, don't you think $250,000 should cover it? Again if the car had prior issues, isn't it still up to Forged to find out those issues before even working on the vehicle, like an inspection. Last time I took my car to the shop just for an alignment, one of the guys who worked there spoke with me and informed me that I had some other issues wrong with the car, if I was aware of. I said yes and thanked him for over looking my car. We are talking about a quarter of a million dollars here, if I was the owner I would sleep in my shop beside the car with a german shepard and a shotgun. Anybody who works on the car will have to sign a sign-in and sign-out sheet stating exactly what they have done to the car, while under video surveillance.

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Quote Originally Posted by metalmatt47 View Post
    That said, if you have someone build a house on top of an old landfill, you have to expect that it's going to be more then dressed up shit.
    We ARE talking about a GTR here, right? You make it sound like he brought the dude a 1992 toyota corolla.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmatt47 View Post
    And this is based off of? Speculation? Stories on the internet?
    Nope, all in person stuff. Can't say more than that.

Popcorn is being eaten
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

It's unfortunate that this has happened to the the owner of the GT-R. No one should have to go through this, regardless of how much money was spent. You take your car to what is lead to be a reputable shop that specializes in these and in return, you get an inoperable vehicle.

If people have to be fired over poor craftsmanship then shouldn't the work they did be fixed or reimbursed ?
    With a shop like Forged and the Reputation they had before this id imagine a bill could exceed $250k QUICK!
    Parts and modifying cost is one thing but the Labor cost hell. What did he spend $50k just for labor cost done by Forged alone ?
    Last edited by -EnVus-; 05-18-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    Lets say the car already had issues, don't you think $250,000 should cover it? Again if the car had prior issues, isn't it still up to Forged to find out those issues before even working on the vehicle, like an inspection.
    I think that really depends. I don't know what in particular they were doing, but based on what they did (in the pictures) I'd say that it would be expected that they did. But like I said, it depends. The only people that really know the whole story as it happened would be the guys at Forged, and the owner. But there's so much up in the air that it's hard to say.

Personally, i don't know how anyone would leave there car at a shop for that period of time, and not be in the shop checking up every few weeks. It baffles me, but honestly, you shouldn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by CSquared View Post
    We ARE talking about a GTR here, right? You make it sound like he brought the dude a 1992 toyota corolla.
    Nope, just using an analogy. I figured that much would be obvious.

Nope, all in person stuff. Can't say more than that.
    Fair enough. I may have mis-understood something as it was explained to me. I didn't ask a lot of questions though. Not really my place. I'd like to see both parties have a straight forward, civilized discussion on here about it. I don't think that would ever happen though.
    - John F. Kennedy

Privateer Racing!!

Well considering they built the motor and ordered the wrong turbo kit and tried to custom fit it and installed it half ass. I think forged is responsible no matter about prior work done. The customer was trying to breck records and forged was well aware of this.
    I will say this about the period of him leaving his car there. When the ordeal with Juan g37 happened it took over a year for him to get his car back. When your car is torn apart and no ther shop wants to take a car torn in pieces project sometimes you have no choice but to leave the car and hope for the best.

SHarif clarified that the guy spent $250K on a bunch of cars over the last few years, not $250K on this 1 car by itself.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Sharif was also wrong in that statement.

I thought he spent 250k on multiple builds of THiS car...this last build is just the one that sucked his balls dry and stole his wallet before he woke up.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

I thought both sides of this grab ass situation was clear....maybe I was wrong. Forged is ultimately responsible for the overall well being of this car. Period. The guy mentioned he barely got a chance to even drive this car....that would likely indicate the car was new or a low mileage vehicle. Unless it was absolutely beat to shit by a previous owner, what could have possibly been wrong with it prior to Forged blessing this car with ridicule? Are we including the price of that car into the $250k? If not, why the blue fuck is that car not an 8 second street car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

The part of the "had issues" argument that bugs me is the fact that the GTR has only been out since I think 2008. So we're talking about a car that's at max 5 years old. The SHITTIEST one I can find on autotrader is $60k with 49k miles and a clean title. I wouldn't mind if a customer brought in a 1989 civic and asked them to make 1,000hp. Then maybe they can say the car "had issues" or was a piece of shit. But a GTR... Come on...

I'd be pissed if someone did that kind of work on my car for 500 bucks... Nevermind 50k, 100k, 250k or whatever the dude actually spent with Forged.

Thank god I know how to wrench on my own shit.

Certified Gearhead BenjaminJunu's Avatar

This isn't the only car forged hacked up.
    There is also the issue of missing parts. Some of the parts that the dude had came up missing.... surprising.......
    When forged fucks some shit up they don't want to pay another company to fix it.
    It cost a lot more to fix some shit that someone else did and build a car then it costs to build a car from scratch.
    they would have probably fixed the car, but who would go back to them if they screwed up the first time?
    I hope this guy everything that is owed to him and more.

Sharif was also wrong in that statement.
    ok, thats easy to say, but where is the proof. I read the thread on a GTR Forum and there was nothing ever disputed that I saw over SHarif saying this guy spent $250,000 on 4 cars over 5-6 years
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Everything worked out! w00t!

"I wanted to let everyone know that Forged has stepped up and we’ve made an agreement that I am very happy with. I wanted to thank everyone on the forums for their support.

I would like to say the review had a harsh effect. I didn’t intend it to gain so much attention, if I had to do it all over again I would soften some of the review. There are things that if not read carefully look much worse than intended, and I believe got blown out of proportion. In any negotiation things can leverage one side or the other. Forged was caught on the wrong side of this review, and should be given a chance for people to look at their overall body of work not one isolated experience.

Before I posted my review, I had been in contact with Sharif over a few weeks time as both of us were trying to get this problem squared away. Forged and Sharif have always stood behind all of their work, and literally begged me to allow him to fix these problems at his shop. He already had a transport carrier on the way to pick up the car from my home, but I waived them off. He was adamant about making sure the car was perfect, but insisted that the work be done at his shop. Some of the things that failed were not the fault of Forged but he still wanted to do whatever it took to make it right. He made dozens of phones calls and texts at all hours of the day.

In the end, I made the decision to have another shop do the repairs. Forged never lied to me, or misled me, but I personally lost faith in them and that was my decision. I wouldn’t want for anyone to think that Forged Performance doesn’t stand behind their work or offer good customer support, because that is not true. During my build, I talked to Sharif and his staff multiple times each week, and they were always friendly and receptive even when I called at odd hours or on weekends. I have seen a lot of good work come out of their shop and the issues I experienced with portions of my build aren’t typical of the work that comes out of Forged. The purpose of this review was not to warn the community about Forged but simply to try and get their attention and make things right under my terms...not theirs. In the end, Sharif and Forge Performance made things right and now I am looking forward to wrapping up my build.

Thank you everyone again,
    Todd "
    WTB: Driver's Side Sunvisor for 96-00 Civic

Privateer Racing!!

Don't excuse the shitty work no matter what!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12