Thread: B18c1/gsr motor built questions

bluej1

Default B18c1/gsr motor built questions

I'm going to start my motor build soon and want to know what's a good way to make 200+ on a gsr. I was planning on just head work and a good tune but will this be enough?

You are going to need to do some work. I have 12.5:1 compression pistons, head is completely built with full p&p only thing is I have type r cams for now, aftermarket intake and 70mm throttle body on my gsr and hoping for 200+whp. I still need to upgrade my injectors and such. Good luck with your build and hope you hit the numbers you are wanting.

I did this same build and Mainstream tuned it and made 208whp with vtec falling out. James said they could have possibly made 215whp with Vtec working right.

I had a STOCK port full gsr head and block. full supertech valvetrain with ferrea flat valves. 82mm PR3 pistons... head had a very small shave so CR was like at 12:2. Buddy club spec 4 cams... performer x IM... 68mm TB... RMF narrow replica header. AEM v2 CAI. Stock gsr rods. arp headstuds, arp rod bolts... and of course... supporting fuel mods.

you get the idea. But yeah you will have to build the whole motor.

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Bump 200, go for 250... muwahahahah!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    Bump GSR , go for K20 or H22 ... muwahahahah!!
    fixed lol

bluej1

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    I did this same build and Mainstream tuned it and made 208whp with vtec falling out. James said they could have possibly made 215whp with Vtec working right.

I had a STOCK port full gsr head and block. full supertech valvetrain with ferrea flat valves. 82mm PR3 pistons... head had a very small shave so CR was like at 12:2. Buddy club spec 4 cams... performer x IM... 68mm TB... RMF narrow replica header. AEM v2 CAI. Stock gsr rods. arp headstuds, arp rod bolts... and of course... supporting fuel mods.

you get the idea. But yeah you will have to build the whole motor.
    but is this something ill be able to run everyday?