Thread: Need help building F22A1 and learning about imports

Default Need help building F22A1 and learning about imports

Im a complete noob when it comes to the import game. I know a little bit about it, but not enough, i need help on building my 93 Honda Accord LX F22A1 engine. Can someone please tell me what i can do and add to the engine to build a fast car? and can someone tell me where the best place is to learn about imports? thank you to whoever attempts to help me the help is much appreciated.

There's not too many people who mod accords but actually i do lol i have a boosted one so lmk what you need to know and ill help you man my name is Travis i live in douglasville,ga feel free to text me or call bro 6786400177

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    [IMG]hondaaccord4.jpg[/IMG] T.E.T.E.T.E.

Thanks man i appreciate it, and i just texted you

i had a turbo'd F22a1 in my prelude for 2 years. I made 347/313 to the ground. I love those motors. Turbo is the way to go with an f22a. It takes a little money, and alot of prep, but it's definitely worth it. The sad thing is, many people give up on them and swap to an H series.

^^

This isn't a build thread, so I moved it to the right section: Car Talk -> Power Mods
    If you ever have a specific car problem or question go to "General tech"
    If you're doing research and want advice or opinions, go to "Car talk"

About your question, you can go turbo fairly easily on that car, good to learn. I had a CB7, its just as easy as any honda to get around and DIY.
    One thing I'd say is to decide what your goals are before you start spending money. You can easily drop in a OBD1 H22 into there and have a nice, fun all-motor dual cam, until you decide to go even further. (Prelude motor) It uses the same mounts as the f22, so it falls right in.

If you want to start doing it all yourself, I guess first thing I'd do is make sure everything is in tip-top form as it is. Then do comp test/etc to make sure you this motor is worth putting extra strain on, or if when all is said and done the motor blows. Another cool thing is that if you do build a turbo set up, the turbo manifold will also bolt onto the H22, so if you blow the F-series, you can use most of the turbo setup on the H-swap.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    This isn't a build thread, so I moved it to the right section: Car Talk -> Power Mods
    If you ever have a specific car problem or question go to "General tech"
    If you're doing research and want advice or opinions, go to "Car talk"

About your question, you can go turbo fairly easily on that car, good to learn. I had a CB7, its just as easy as any honda to get around and DIY.
    One thing I'd say is to decide what your goals are before you start spending money. You can easily drop in a OBD1 H22 into there and have a nice, fun all-motor dual cam, until you decide to go even further. (Prelude motor) It uses the same mounts as the f22, so it falls right in.

If you want to start doing it all yourself, I guess first thing I'd do is make sure everything is in tip-top form as it is. Then do comp test/etc to make sure you this motor is worth putting extra strain on, or if when all is said and done the motor blows. Another cool thing is that if you do build a turbo set up, the turbo manifold will also bolt onto the H22, so if you blow the F-series, you can use most of the turbo setup on the H-swap.
    F22a1 manifolds don't match up to H22. However, they will to an H23. The only F-series that shares the same bolt pattern as H22 is the F20B, and F22b1 if I remember correctly. But I'd agree with everything else.

Turbo.
    " I think your ass just hit Vtec" -Drummerboy

H series.......sorry. I am biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

H series is highly overrated stick with the f man there was a reason it was voted best engine built MULTIPLE years in a row... just saying

Accords.... Gotta love' em

I don't see how the H series is overrated. It's a great platform as proven time and time again.
    Bitches love bacon.

Just doesn't make the power everyone swears it does and i found that out first hand repeatedly ive owned more than one h swap and built prelude and in my opinion my boosted f series feels better and is more reliable especially on stock boost but most just snatch the single out and throw in the dual without doing any real research on what the f is capable of but ill admit im biased to accords thats all i drive and ive owned 6 and 2 now

Accords.... gotta love'em

I have a CB7 at the moment and swapped in a blue top H23A. Not looking back either. At the end of the day, it's all a preference matter but IMO the H series is a far more superior platform.
    Bitches love bacon.

I got you man but im sayin im making more power out of my single on boost than a stock h swap for less money than is spent on swap but i do miss my cb7 favorite body by far im in a cd5 and a cg5 now but if you know any looking to get rid of a cb7 lmk lol

Spray it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord View Post
    Spray it.
    I second that notion!

Certified Gearhead BenjaminJunu's Avatar

normally i would say turbo, but since you're new to cars. I would recommend duing a h22a4 swap from a 1998 to 2001 honda prelude. They are very fun motors and it's not that much work. and later on you can turbo that motor. But if you have the money and don't mind the downtime you can turbo that f22.

If you want to minimize the down time of your car I have an f22b2 from my accord you can buy and build.
    Bitches love bacon.

Boost it!

The good thing about f22's is they're cheap... I just gave mine away when I swapped a H in my old 4th gen prelude.

If you ever upgrade to a H22 get a 92-96 h22a.. It's closed deck instead of open like the 97-01's and is better for boost..