Thread: Ek upper control arm contact

Default Ek upper control arm contact

Like title states I just recently install some ksports on my em1 and there riding great so far. But I believe my upper control arms are contacting my shock tower. Its low maybe 3" to 3 1/2" off the ground. I think they are aftermarket control arm but I bought the car that way. What possible solutions are there beside having to raise the height of the car.
    SoLow OutKast

92 Civic Lx Ferio - sold
    94 Civic Dx Eg- insurance totaled

93 Civic Si Eg6 - stolen/and striped(f**king thieves)
    00' Boosted Milano Red EM1- DD

__DailyGrind

Stock UCA or Cut Shock Tower and Weld

stiffer springrates or stiffen your dampening. the lower you go the stiffer your suspension should be to make up the loss in travel

I have 10k spring in the front. Should I try adjusting the damper harder. Currently it's at setting 24. Maximum is 36.

Btw I'm only lowered through the lower so shouldn't I still at least retaining almost full travel of my shocks.
    SoLow OutKast

92 Civic Lx Ferio - sold
    94 Civic Dx Eg- insurance totaled

93 Civic Si Eg6 - stolen/and striped(f**king thieves)
    00' Boosted Milano Red EM1- DD

Quote Originally Posted by project_EM1 View Post
    I have 10k spring in the front. Should I try adjusting the damper harder. Currently it's at setting 24. Maximum is 36.

Btw I'm only lowered through the lower so shouldn't I still at least retaining almost full travel of my shocks.
    if your shocks are compression adjustable then yes increasing your dampening will stiffen your suspension up a good bit