Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THEY'RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE FAKE!!!

Hybrid View

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Default THEY'RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE FAKE!!!

I'm just curious. Why is it that when people post up pictures of their cars, some people cry foul because the wheels are "fake?" Why does one person say to another that his car would look good if his wheels were the real thing? Does not having the real deal wheel make the car look worse? Is it one of the sub conscience things that prevents someone from liking something that might have an off brand tag on it?

Just asking. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

The wheels are very much real and tangible. That is what annoys me. Just because they are a replica doesn't make them fake wheels....they are real wheels that are replicas of another set of real wheels.

I wonder this exact same thing. A wheels is a fucking wheel! The knock-offs look the same as the real deal in most cases. I think it's a way for folks to try to act like they have all this money to spend on a name.
    twenty-two

A good looking wheel is a good looking wheel. I appreciate authentic wheels more because they are expensive and usually a little nicer, but the people who bitch about "fake" wheels are being immature as fuck.

AND I would bet that people who brag about their "real" wheels and bitch about "fake" wheels probably just charged that shit to a credit card which they just pay the minimum amount every month then they act all high and mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadbee@Forged View Post
    The wheels are very much real and tangible. That is what annoys me. Just because they are a replica doesn't make them fake wheels....they are real wheels that are replicas of another set of real wheels.
    I forgot about that angle, lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    A good looking wheel is a good looking wheel.
    Perfect!

I appreciate authentic wheels more because they are expensive and usually a little nicer,
    A more expensive wheel is the last thing that would make me appreciate it. I simply appreciate a good looking wheel. If it's expensive or dirt cheap, as you said, good looking is good looking. And nicer? Looks doesn't necessarily have a price tag. I've seen many ugly as hell wheels that cost 3 and 4x the amount of really nice looking wheels. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Cost has nothing to do with it.

AND I would bet that people who brag about their "real" wheels and bitch about "fake" wheels probably just charged that shit to a credit card which they just pay the minimum amount every month then they act all high and mighty.
    I was actually thinking on these same lines, lolol. Later, QD.

Qd, those steelies are fake as fuckkkk

I have found it has a lot to due with a person who bought the same real set for double what the person with knock offs did....Just to look as good and last as long.

id rather "fake" wheels... im not baller enough to waste money on names, and if i were i still wouldn't waste it on a name it would go towards something else.

I could care less about about real of fake if it looks good who care. The real and fake think reminds me of moronic ghetto school children arguing who's nike jordans are real on not!
    Hella stock member!

Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    I could care less about about real of fake if it looks good who care. The real and fake think reminds me of moronic ghetto school children arguing who's nike jordans are real on not!

HAHAHAHA

I love my "fake" wheels.....

Certified Gearhead

I don't really care, but structurally the real ones are usually stronger and more lightweight.

If they real this is what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality™ View Post
    If they real this is what happens....

lmao , you have no idea on the real feel of that movie

Who cares if they are the original or the replica? If they look right on the car then roll it.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

I got no problems with fake wheels. Just own up to it. Don't act like your wheels are the real deal.
    2003 Lexus IS300

Quote Originally Posted by Durtie View Post
    I got no problems with fake wheels. Just own up to it. Don't act like your wheels are the real deal.
    If they are round and can hold a tire they are the real deal.

What gets me is they are people who talk about cheap tires the same way lol

You are correct but you know what I mean. If you bought the knock offs, then admit it.
    2003 Lexus IS300

Quote Originally Posted by Durtie View Post
    This is my problem. If they are not "name Brand" don't say they are. People who get caught up in that Me too, I'm balling harder than you B.S. Needs to get over themselves.
    N/A>>><<<BOOST

Certified Gearhead jonbuice5591's Avatar

ive been wondering the same exact thing. the wheels do not make the car. its not like they add horsepower or anything. honestly ive seen some "knock-offs" that look better than the "real-deal" and that were also way stronger. same goes with anything in life with stupid shit. such as a womans purse/pocket-books, one out of five or so may be fake but they look exactly the same and im willing to bet a year down the road the "knock-off" would have held up better that the real one anyways. id rather spend less money on something thats "knock-off" than an arm and a leg for something real that looks close,the same, or better anyday

Lighter wheels do allow more power to the ground^

More expensive wheels are known to be designed to be stronger at more angles of impact, and are typically made from higher strength material.

None of that usually matter on our street applications.

As far as looks go, give me what's sexy--not pricey.
    Allen @ MPA

looking at the title of this thread, i expected to open it and see some titties.......you guys are no fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED View Post
    You are a load that should have been swallowed.

86atlanta.proboards.com <-------Atlanta based ae86 and drift community!!

Og once told me " you get what you pay for"

Quote Originally Posted by georgieboi View Post
    Og once told me " you get what you pay for"
    Not sure what the entire post means, but the part in quotes is certainly not true. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    Not sure what the entire post means, but the part in quotes is certainly not true. Later, QD.
    Don't see what's not to get. You pay 500$ for a paint job your gonna get a 500$ paint job. You pay 100$ for a gold ring your going to get a 100$ ring. And so on......

Don't see what's not to get. You pay 500$ for a paint job your gonna get a 500$ paint job. You pay 100$ for a gold ring your going to get a 100$ ring. And so on......
    I got the part in quotes. Just not understanding the first part of your post. It's kind of obvious if you pay $500, you get $500. So I don't get how that pertains to the topic. Later, QD.

I got the part in quotes. Just not understanding the first part of your post. It's kind of obvious if you pay $500, you get $500. So I don't get how that pertains to the topic. Later, QD.
    If you pay 400$ for a set of wheels your gonna get a 400$ set of wheels.... I once purchased a set of wheels for like 500 and they were crap one didn't even hold air( would leak from a spoke).. But I think rota, xxr, drag, enkie are a good name brand even if they are replicas they are still well made....

Anyone that knows me will know that I dislike replica parts, not just wheels but replica parts as a whole. My reasoning? Not like others where they consider it a status thing (which is annoying, btw) but for the fact that I have and always will support the companies that have been in the import scene from the beginning. It takes R&D for a company to develop a new part. It's very easy for a company that replicates parts to get their hands on a "real" piece and simply have their manufacturers copy it and send it into production. It's very little cost for them. Although it's a great business strategy for Rota, XXR, etc, it has unfortunately come at the cost of a couple original companies having to cease their operations here in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
    Anyone that knows me will know that I dislike replica parts, not just wheels but replica parts as a whole. My reasoning? Not like others where they consider it a status thing (which is annoying, btw) but for the fact that I have and always will support the companies that have been in the import scene from the beginning. It takes R&D for a company to develop a new part. It's very easy for a company that replicates parts to get their hands on a "real" piece and simply have their manufacturers copy it and send it into production. It's very little cost for them. Although it's a great business strategy for Rota, XXR, etc, it has unfortunately come at the cost of a couple original companies having to cease their operations here in the U.S.
    Am with him x2

No one seems to care if I have "REAL" wheels on my 30 Model A vs repops. Strange. On the Civic though... I just cannot bring myself to pay thousands for wheels. It is no etter than those 80s POSs that have 29" wheels on them.
    95 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Limited

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

To me it depends on the vehicle itself. If I have a Honda worth $4000, I am not going to put $4000 wheels on it...the car isn't worth it. You can brag all day what wheels you have or what you paid for them, but end of the day you are still driving a $4000 Honda...your status does not get bumped up because of the wheels. If I have a Lamborghini, then I would only put expensive wheels on it.

I can see where you're at. But a lot of people can't (or shouldn't try to afford) the "real deal," you know. And Dynamic makes a great and valid point with the value of the car you're putting the wheel on. I know I'll never pay $1,000 for a set of wheel if I can get a "look-a-like" set for considerably cheaper.

Tell me this, MeFry. Do you do any grocery shopping? I do. If so, you'll probably know that all of your major grocery stores have their own brand of grocery items. If you're buying store brands, then you're doing the same thing that you'd be doing if you bought Rota wheels. General Mills does their R&D on Cheerios, but if you go buy Kroger's, you're not necessarily supporting Cheerios.

If you pay 400$ for a set of wheels your gonna get a 400$ set of wheels.... I once purchased a set of wheels for like 500 and they were crap one didn't even hold air( would leak from a spoke)..
    So because you bought a set of bad wheels, that means all $400-500 wheels are going to be bad? I do not believe (nor have I ever believed) in the "you get what you pay for" tag.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicSound View Post
    To me it depends on the vehicle itself. If I have a Honda worth $4000, I am not going to put $4000 wheels on it...the car isn't worth it. You can brag all day what wheels you have or what you paid for them, but end of the day you are still driving a $4000 Honda...your status does not get bumped up because of the wheels. If I have a Lamborghini, then I would only put expensive wheels on it.
    Perfect. Not like your Honda will be worth $8,000 with those wheels. Later, QD.

I can see where you're at. But a lot of people can't (or shouldn't try to afford) the "real deal," you know. And Dynamic makes a great and valid point with the value of the car you're putting the wheel on. I know I'll never pay $1,000 for a set of wheel if I can get a "look-a-like" set for considerably cheaper.

Tell me this, MeFry. Do you do any grocery shopping? I do. If so, you'll probably know that all of your major grocery stores have their own brand of grocery items. If you're buying store brands, then you're doing the same thing that you'd be doing if you bought Rota wheels. General Mills does their R&D on Cheerios, but if you go buy Kroger's, you're not necessarily supporting Cheerios.
    You're right though and like someone else has also mentioned, people will put themselves into debt in order to obtain expensive parts for their vehicle that they can't necessarily afford. Just because your (not you, just saying in general) credit card has enough available cash on it to make your purchase doesn't mean you can afford it. Look at your bank statement and credit card statement and compare the two. lol.

Actually, I do buy General Mills, Sunshine, Nabisco, Kellogs, etc.

True enough, sir.

Actually, I do buy General Mills, Sunshine, Nabisco, Kellogs, etc.
    Lolol. Fuck you. I buy them as well when the price is right. And I can afford it, but I'd rather not spend the extra money to feed a family of four if I can do it for less and buy the "same" thing. Later, QD.

These are the wheels on my Accord right now. They're not everyone's taste but I love this version of these wheels. I have yet to find a replica of these but would have bought them if they were made. Who cares if QD can afford to put RE30s on his CVCC and I can only afford 10 year old Focal F5s on my Accord....wheels are wheels no matter how you slice, dice, chop, or cut it. If you want to rock Volks on your Civic or XXRs, then do what you do.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Certified Gearhead

It also depends on what you use the car for. Most of the expensive wheels are made and tested for extreme track use. If my car was a dedicated track warrior, I would fork out the extra grand for a brand name, which I know will hold.
    That doesn't mean xxr and rota wont withstand the track, but we've all seen or heard the horror stories with the cheaper wheel alternatives...

When people are putting $2-4k in wheels for their DD, this is a little absurd.

Then you buy a set of $3600 TE37s for the track and curb or break one. Now you have to replace one if not more. I can buy three sets of Rotas for the price of one TE37. Damage doesn't discriminate on price.

Bitches love bacon.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Then you buy a set of $3600 TE37s for the track and curb or break one. Now you have to replace one if not more. I can buy three sets of Rotas for the price of one TE37. Damage doesn't discriminate on price.

If I have a wheel break while on the track, my whole cars going into other cars or the wall. I'll spend 3600 and be mad at myself for being a bad driver then needing to blame my accident on poor quality wheels.

Certified Gearhead

Enkei makes some great race wheels for about $1000. TE37's are lighter, but there are other cheaper, quality options.

The choice of wheel does not make you a good or bad driver. If you are a bad driver, then you are a bad driver. Enkei does make awesome track wheel, hence the RPF1s.

Bitches love bacon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast