Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THEY'RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE FAKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I support what I like regardless of who makes it.
    x2. + and who likes it. If I like it, I'm satisfied.

Rimz R like Jordans Kickz they're sum of the most counterfeited productz out there! But ppl still buy the Fakez and the Authenticz.

Like Bobby Brown say's It's Your Prerogative!!!!!

The larger companies like CCW, Enkei, Volk, and Work will have a huge enough following to stay afloat and not cease production as do the smaller companies like Rota and XXR. Half, if not most, of the people on this site or even in the industry of modding cars won't see their wheels succumb to the stress those tests put on the wheels anyway.

Not sure how this thread got off topic

QD, I think one of the things that may help answer one of your questions is people have the "buy once, buy right" mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

"buy nice, or buy it twice" haha
    Real Friends > Car Clubs

Senior Member | IA Veteran

amen.... im constantly arguing this point.

What most people dont realize is that a lot of their expensive wheels are replicas also. Plus 90% of the rays,volk,gram wheels that everyone obsesses over are cast the same way the replica wheels are.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Prime. View Post
    "buy nice, or buy it twice" haha
    there's little to no quality difference though. the reason replica wheels are cheaper is because they streamline their market. XXRs come with 1-2 universal bores and very limited bolt patterns. If replicas fit your vehicle, there's no reason not to buy them. Only reason ive entertained the idea of some of the pricey wheels is because there's no replica available in the size or pattern i need.

Rays makes a forged wheel for race cars, theyre famous because of their forging method. Thats all fine and dandy..... because 90% of the wheels they sell are cast in the same fashion as any other wheel. there's just as many broken and cracked volk wheels as there are XXRs. Most people's cars dont come anywhere near being about to stress a wheel and most of the broken wheel pictures come from car accidents or curb smashes. When i buy wheels, im not buying them for how they'll hold up if i slide into a guard rail.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    You just eliminated about 98% of this site. And a lot of others. I think you may be reading more into this thread than was intended. I'm referring to your average everyday "tuners." Not race car drivers. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900 View Post
    I have name brand wheels, but I totally get the knock off idea too. I don't however buy into the idea that there's all these catastrophic "failures" from regular DD, which is what everyone in here does. Let's be real. Stop pretending you're driving some kind of under cover race car just because you go to a track day every once in a while. It's a DD. Give me a break. People talk like they just drive down the road and the wheels just fall off the car or something. Bullshit.

I don't buy it. Sorry.

FWIW: I do DD a full blown track car to work occasionally, and i run my family car well into the triple digits almost daily. I bought some BBS reps for a GRM $2011 Challenge Car and they are cast out of round. You get what you pay for. Harbor Freight sells tools that look just like Snap-On's..........

I just find it fun to tell people my wheels are worth more than their car. I'm just a status whore though. I will never another fake or replica part again, but that's just me. Y'all can do what you will.
    Real Friends > Car Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by dc5-rsx View Post
    Rimz R like Jordans Kickz they're sum of the most counterfeited productz out there! But ppl still buy the Fakez and the Authenticz.

Like Bobby Brown say's It's Your Prerogative!!!!!
    Appears you missed failed in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900 View Post
    I have name brand wheels, but I totally get the knock off idea too. I don't however buy into the idea that there's all these catastrophic "failures" from regular DD, which is what everyone in here does. Let's be real. Stop pretending you're driving some kind of under cover race car just because you go to a track day every once in a while. It's a DD. Give me a break. People talk like they just drive down the road and the wheels just fall off the car or something. Bullshit.

I don't buy it. Sorry.
    I never implied that Rotas/XXRs would have a catastrophic failure under everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    there's little to no quality difference though. the reason replica wheels are cheaper is because they streamline their market. XXRs come with 1-2 universal bores and very limited bolt patterns. If replicas fit your vehicle, there's no reason not to buy them. Only reason ive entertained the idea of some of the pricey wheels is because there's no replica available in the size or pattern i need.

Rays makes a forged wheel for race cars, theyre famous because of their forging method. Thats all fine and dandy..... because 90% of the wheels they sell are cast in the same fashion as any other wheel. there's just as many broken and cracked volk wheels as there are XXRs. Most people's cars dont come anywhere near being about to stress a wheel and most of the broken wheel pictures come from car accidents or curb smashes. When i buy wheels, im not buying them for how they'll hold up if i slide into a guard rail.
    No difference in quality? BS. The process in which wheel is made can be similar but the materials used is the difference which is how Rota, XXR are able to keep the price point lower than Volk, SSR, Work, etc. They want to be able to keep their wheels obtainable to a large market therefore they have to sacrifice the part somehow which in turn is the material used. Don't believe me? Call Rota and see which version of alloy they use and do the same for Rays (this will be more difficult as they're overseas) or even CCW as they're based here in America. Now that you have the alloy #, do some research and compare the specs. Trust me, there is a million different varieties of metals which is a big percentage of the cost of anything these days.

I just find it fun to tell people my wheels are worth more than their car. I'm just a status whore though. I will never another fake or replica part again, but that's just me. Y'all can do what you will.
    You sound like an arrogant asshole. It's the superior attitude like yourself that makes me not want to go to meets. There is no reason why your car is better than what you're parked next too.

Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
    You sound like an arrogant asshole. It's the superior attitude like yourself that makes me not want to go to meets. There is no reason why your car is better than what you're parked next too.
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Durtie View Post
    I got no problems with fake wheels. Just own up to it. Don't act like your wheels are the real deal.
    This is my problem. If they are not "name Brand" don't say they are. People who get caught up in that Me too, I'm balling harder than you B.S. Needs to get over themselves.
    N/A>>><<<BOOST

Nobody who drives a civic should brag to others of more expensive parts. Nothing about status and honda civic go together except for low middle class. I can understand an arrogant person who has a ferrari. But an arrogant person who has a civic? Come on, man.
    Last edited by RL...; 01-26-2012 at 01:52 PM.

IA Member

This Guy will never pull up to me and say that ill just ride over his 2000 dollar car and 30000 dollar wheels and then take it to scrap yard and get me 200 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by 89vtec'd View Post
    This Guy will never pull up to me and say that ill just ride over his 2000 dollar car and 30000 dollar wheels and then take it to scrap yard and get me 200 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    Nobody who drives a civic should brag to others of more expensive parts. Nothing about status and honda civic go together except for low middle class. I can understand an arrogant person who has a ferrari. But an arrogant person who has a civic? Come on, man.
    Especially been an automatic civic hahaha the grocery getter onBBS's guys!! Let's get real people!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RsonGt3's; 01-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.

HAHAHA. I love IA.
    Real Friends > Car Clubs

But seriously. Support the industry. Buy real shit.
    Real Friends > Car Clubs

But seriously. Support the industry. Buy real shit.
    Didn't you get your last few sets of wheels through trades with ppl? So it's not like you bought them new. Hardly what I'd call supporting the industry. Lmao

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Didn't you get your last few sets of wheels through trades with ppl? So it's not like you bought them new. Hardly what I'd call supporting the industry. Lmao
    Lolol. I don't support anyone that doesn't support me.

A new topic now fixing to start................Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Didn't you get your last few sets of wheels through trades with ppl?
    And? I meant stop giving your money to companies who merely steal the designs of others. I'm only stating my opinions here. I'd rather have a car with a few "nice" parts than one littered with knock-off or lower quality parts. Again, my opinion, not forcing it on anyone.
    Real Friends > Car Clubs

Certified Gearhead TattooedFish's Avatar

And? I meant stop giving your money to companies who merely steal the designs of others. I'm only stating my opinions here. I'd rather have a car with a few "nice" parts than one littered with knock-off or lower quality parts. Again, my opinion, not forcing it on anyone.
    Depends on what part and quality. I don't care If something is knock off or not as stated before its a civic not like a hi end car. I'm bout to get a set of axis og oldskools and I actually perfer these over the originals don't like the lip on the originals.

People are always after the better deal so some may pay for authentic original parts but lot are goin to spend less on knockoffs.

Engine / mechanical components yah I can see buying original parts but a wheel is a wheel
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...uild-with-pics <---- My H22a Swap Pm Me if you got parts

fake or real doesn't matter "I'm a low budget king" lol. I'm rocking stock civic alloys 13lbs whoo!

Like boobies. If I can touch them, they are real.

looking at the title of this thread, i expected to open it and see some titties.......you guys are no fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED View Post
    You are a load that should have been swallowed.

86atlanta.proboards.com <-------Atlanta based ae86 and drift community!!

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

^^^ NO!!!!! Lolol.

This needs refreshing, lolol.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

IA Member

I Love it when they are fake.....especially if the chick is slutty! that way you know she is going to let you motorboat them, even if she just met you. lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123