where did this happen dj?
where did this happen dj?
Val for President
on 78, eastbound, right after ST.mtn exit.. chased him till almost 285..
Now.. this is the end result of my brake check..
call ins. co. (progressive.. yeah,, I know.. now.. =P ) They said I had 2 options.. pay my $500 dec. or wait till they get a accident report to see what info they could get on other party.. week later.. they get the report.. it lists NO NAME, ADDY, or INS. Carrier for that tag... I find that hard to be live.... the officer that filed my report had the addy pulled up before he even walked up to my car.. but how can I get a hold of that information and report it back to my ins. co???? Also,.. a detective left a mssg. on my phone about the case.. called him back everyday for the last 2 weeks.. no return call.. so now,.. unless I can find out s'thing about the other driver.. I'm gonna get stuck with higher rates and @#%&^@%&@ i'm so fustrated.. and lost... someone plz help....... =[
Be cool man, a similar thing happened to me. I was struck by some ass hat in a Ford Truck (last Gen F150) as he tried to cut me off. The damage was less severe than yours, he just took off my front bumper, and it took the police about 4 mos to release the information to me. I was struck in October and was contacted in January with the other driver's info. (Ironically, about 15 mins after I got into the accident that ended my poor Civic's life) There was apparently some law or restriction that prevented the police from giving me his info. I needed to wait until an investigation was done. You are going to have to be patient. They are NOT going to give you that info until they tie up all of the loose ends. It sux, I have been there, but you gotta wait.
so just pay up now and get it fixed under my $500 deductable? When they do get some info, will the insurance co. reimburse me?
Well that much is up to you. Basically, if the car is driveable, and you can stand having that much damage, wait it out, and then you will get the information. Then you can take care of it with the other guy's insurance. (Your rates will not increase.) If you can't stand the damage, then get it taken care of now. (Your rates will increase.) I was able to wait, because the damage was not that bad or noticeable. You, on the other hand......
cutting that line a little too much this time? No matter when he has the work done his rates will not change, the repair work should be covered under comprehensive damage....just as if you hit a deer or any other incident you have no control over as long as you were not found at fault on the police report.Originally Posted by absolude
I'm sure Progressive will have to send someone out for an appraisal but with State Farm you can go to any of their "select" body shops (called Service First i believe, there are 1000's of them) and they can do the repair work without giving any prior information to insurance...it's all done online and you don't have to do anything but get the car to the shop and get your keys when it's all done...no need to drive around and get estimates or meet w/ an appraiser.
I remember another story of some guy in a ford truck bumping one of us in the rear-end going down the highway for no reason. I think it was chuck.
Anyways, I would of either pulled the pit manuever on him or shot his f@%*ing ass.
In response to you speedminded- His rates might not go up instantly, but anytime you have an accident, regardless of fault, and you take care of it through your own insurance agency, your rates will increase. And accidents will cause more problems in the future, regardless of fault. I have been in three accidents that were not my fault (with police reports to back it up) and went to get a quote with GEICO and almost shat my pants right then. The truth is that these accidents will affect insurance rates.If he can take care of it through the other guys insurance, he will avoid rate increases. Trust me- I have been in three auto accidents in Atlanta, and I have a fairly qualified opinion on how insurance works.
As i post this i am sitting in a state farm office. if you file a claim under your COMP they CAN NOT raise your insurance. That does not mean when or if you switch compainies that it wont be held against you. I personally would pay the 500 bucks and get the car fixed if it is any signifigant damage. then when/if you switch carriers you have to have your current one send a letter stating that the claim is in subrogation and is not your fault.Originally Posted by speedminded
There is also the option of fileing it with your company after you explain to them it was basically a hit and run but that you have a tag number of the truck that hit you and you can have them do a tag search. although the police claim to have not found anything i bet your insurance company will once they discover that you just filed a comp claim and they want their money back.
:boobies:
So is there any news DJ? We are want to get up in ur biz, lol... Give us an update!