Thread: ((Hella Flush)) i dont know how you guys do it.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default ((Hella Flush)) i dont know how you guys do it.

I hardly ever drive my car. I probably drive it 2-3 times a month and usually about an hour or less each time. Well, I lowered my car as low as my megan coilovers would go with 3 spanner rings still on it. Its no where near as low as some of the cars i see on IA or riding around, no where even close. I was absolutely miserable driving my car lastnight, i couldnt take any sharp turns, no speed bumps, any bump in the road, even the smallest one i scrubbed. scrubbed on every turn, scrubbed on anything but a smooth straight road.

i dont know how you guys do it, ill be in my garage today raising my car back up to a drivable height.

specs- 17x9+25 17x10+20 235/40 255/45
    7" front sping, lowered to max, rear 8" spring with a 2" gap
    Has camber arms and a reasonable amount of camber front and back
    fender skins in tact

-l_0923152ac3644c5eb57fcc2037fcd991-jpg

Last edited by b@d @pple; 05-30-2010 at 01:43 AM.

ESP

you not stiff enough, and no that's not what she said.

^^^LOL
    "Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another." – John Dewey

The "fender skins" have to go, then you will see what you have to do. Have you relocated the harness yet?

Yours doesn't seem that low. I DD mine (50miles/day). When I was lowered to the max (tires tucked 2/3 way), i scrubbed during hard turns and speed bumps. I raised up a lil (no finger gap) and I'm okay.

The Philanthropist Dirty Octopus™'s Avatar

get a smaller tire

ccw replicas

you need a way smaller tire

HF

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

It looks perfect as is, lower it more and you will just look like every other fitment ricer that is stuck in 2006.

you dont be a fucking baby and do it

I dont want to remove my fender skins. Tire sizes chosen for performance needs, i actually want much larger tires. it's as stiff as it can be in the front on the damper adjustment. I cant fit my fingers inside my fender well.

I give up on "hella flush" i dont want it bad enough to deal with the discomfort. Props to those who have pulled it off....

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I give up on "hella flush" i dont want it bad enough to deal with the discomfort.

LOL that is the best post in this thread +50
    Paul "your bullshit makes the flowers grow"

I achieve Hella-Flush not by lowering the car, but by weighing it down to proper ride height.

those beefy tires arent helping... go with some smaller tires, like stated, pull fenders.. and ride...
    NIKOND80
    PG+K

is camber not an option?
    will -1 degree of camber kill your car?

Quote Originally Posted by burke420 View Post
    those beefy tires arent helping... go with some smaller tires, like stated, pull fenders.. and ride...
    Need the rubber for performance. Go>Show

will camber kill the car?

ESP

lol my car has -1.5 rear stock :/, negative camber is meant for performance, too much though, then it's a different story.

Never go full retard

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I dont want to remove my fender skins. Tire sizes chosen for performance needs, i actually want much larger tires. it's as stiff as it can be in the front on the damper adjustment. I cant fit my fingers inside my fender well.

I give up on "hella flush" i dont want it bad enough to deal with the discomfort. Props to those who have pulled it off....
    +Reps to you sir.

you arent gonna get what you wnt just by lowering more... you can get good fitment with those tires, but you aint gonna do it! So whyy am i even replying

dont be scared, and dont let these anti - everything people put these crazy bad thoughts in ur head. Your not doing anything to your car that it physics doesnt do already. and your spring rates areprob too low to be ale to ride how you want anyway! what kind of suspension do u have?

I think it looks great in OP. But, props for going performance over looks. Wish more people would have that attitude.
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

Quote Originally Posted by csmiths View Post
    you need a way smaller tire
    Definitely

if u want the "flush look" like a few people have said ur goin to need to get some smaller tires and prob drop it a lil more. and do the camber, the only thing it will do is make it look better

Quote Originally Posted by JITB View Post
    you arent gonna get what you wnt just by lowering more... you can get good fitment with those tires, but you aint gonna do it! So whyy am i even replying

dont be scared, and dont let these anti - everything people put these crazy bad thoughts in ur head. Your not doing anything to your car that it physics doesnt do already. and your spring rates areprob too low to be ale to ride how you want anyway! what kind of suspension do u have?
    megan track coilovers. Theres no flex, car is pretty stiff.

Im most likely gonna get widebody fenders at some point, but im going to wait until im ready to repaint and make it all look perfect in one swipe.

Your car looks fine now, but if you want the look then you have to give a little to get a little. Smaller tires being the give. Do that and you will be able to go down a bit more. Roll your fenders if they haven't been, that will make some difference on the scrubbing.

In the end, do what you want to do. Anyone that says you shouldn't do something because they think it looks stupid is fucking stupid themselves. If you listen to them, you are just as stupid as they are. It's your car, your money, your time and your opinion is the only one that matters in the end. If you want to do performance, do performance. If you don't....don't. If you look at it everytime and smile, fuck what the rest of these hosers think. They are nothing but white noise in the background of idiotsville.

Garage-Sixgun
    If you're gonna do it, overdo it.

Dirty Octopus Photography. Magic with a shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post
    Your car looks fine now, but if you want the look then you have to give a little to get a little. Smaller tires being the give. Do that and you will be able to go down a bit more. Roll your fenders if they haven't been, that will make some difference on the scrubbing.

In the end, do what you want to do. Anyone that says you shouldn't do something because they think it looks stupid is fucking stupid themselves. If you listen to them, you are just as stupid as they are. It's your car, your money, your time and your opinion is the only one that matters in the end. If you want to do performance, do performance. If you don't....don't. If you look at it everytime and smile, fuck what the rest of these hosers think. They are nothing but white noise in the background of idiotsville.
    KNOWLEDGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post

i love this guy!!..no homo tho. >_>