Thread: 2011 Ford Mustang

Default 2011 Ford Mustang

For 2011, the Blue Oval is introducing a new 3.7-liter V6 Mustang that should give it the firepower and refinement needed to take on Chevrolet's six-cylinder Camaro and Hyundai's upstart Genesis Coupe. But it isn't just the spanking all-aluminum powerplant and its 305 horsepower and 280 foot-pounds of torque that's making the scene for the forthcoming model year. In addition to the Cleveland-sourced mill, there are a pair of fresh gearboxes, a new V6 performance package, and a host of nip/tucks to the interior and elsewhere
    This MOFO will almost out do my civic in MPG

http://autos.aol.com/article/2011-fo...1-ford-mustang

Ford's really doing it this year first with the Taurus, Fusion Hybrid and now this. Nice job Ford

V6 the new V8?

Quote Originally Posted by NewGen33 View Post
    V6 the new V8?
    5.0 is coming back next year along with 6spd and brembos.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanŽ
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought
    Epic Foxbody Thread Crew Member #10

Quote Originally Posted by redpanda View Post
    Ford's really doing it this year first with the Taurus, Fusion Hybrid and now this. Nice job Ford
    yeah id love to have a SHO but is the mustang can perform good with the new v6 setup and keep gas mileage id like to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGen33 View Post
    V6 the new V8?
    For tuning I would say so. The big thing is every company is going to attach a turbo to them in order to make their performance cars. The Saab 2.8 turbo V6 is a great engine. You have the new Ford Eco-Boost in the Taurus and twin turbo 3.0 V6 in the 335i. They get good fuel mileage and with all the advancements there is no lag and they make plenty of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by cjhutch View Post
    For tuning I would say so. The big thing is every company is going to attach a turbo to them in order to make their performance cars. The Saab 2.8 turbo V6 is a great engine. You have the new Ford Eco-Boost in the Taurus and twin turbo 3.0 I6 in the 335i. They get good fuel mileage and with all the advancements there is no lag and they make plenty of torque.
    Fixed
    Nah not even. theres not enough alcohol on the planet that would convince me to bang that chick.I wouldn't hit that with Magic Johnson's dick.....on second thought

Quote Originally Posted by redGT View Post
    Fixed
    Almost didn't catch your fix
    2007 Civic FA1 and 2005 Yukon XL Denali

Ya i give ford a hand. I hope Their wiring shit works well though. Every fords wiring i have had went to shit

WANTED:
    A Girl That is DTF for a PhD

Quote Originally Posted by redGT View Post
    Fixed
    Thanks for the fix. I can't believe I put that V there right after I just finished changing the plugs on a M3.

My "Ford" has outlasted all the imports Ive owned.... but hell I still dont hate on imports.

Good job to Ford, but dont expect this to sway opinions of the ignorant. And no V6s boosted or not will replace V8s. Just wait till they boost the Coyote. Honestly, I may end up giving my current car to my girlfriend, and buying a new 2011 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by claybird View Post
    Ya i give ford a hand. I hope Their wiring shit works well though. Every fords wiring i have had went to shit
    Problem probably existed with the person screwing around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    My "Ford" has outlasted all the imports Ive owned.... but hell I still dont hate on imports.

Good job to Ford, but dont expect this to sway opinions of the ignorant. And no V6s boosted or not will replace V8s. Just wait till they boost the Coyote. Honestly, I may end up giving my current car to my girlfriend, and buying a new 2011 5.0
    you must be doing really well financially, and/or have an awesome girlfriend to want to give her a GT rather than use the Gt as a trade in for a price reduction on a 5.0

^^ Yeah, I drew a frame of a man running on each fan blade. That is him running at idle

Quote Originally Posted by 87 Turbo II View Post
    you must be doing really well financially, and/or have an awesome girlfriend to want to give her a GT rather than use the Gt as a trade in for a price reduction on a 5.0
    Ill never get anywhere near the amount I am putting into my car with a trade in. I already know that. I love my current car too much to sell it to some nub off the street. Ive been with my girl for almost 6 years now, she is pretty awesome.

Its a Mustang , not a Ferrari, im not loaded... lol

My dream car *realistic* garage would have

My current car > 5.0 Coyote 2011 GT (Boosted of course) > C6 Z06 (Twin Turboed)

I will die a happy man lol

finally ford is doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    And I do drive a Miata, so I am gayer than a three dollar bill...

Out of princple, I still couldn't be totally satisfied buying anything other than a V8 in a Mustang. Unless I was DD'ing the car and didn't care about the potential (being that the V8 will always have more...) it would bug me too much.

And yes, I know I drive a slow 350z LOL

kodak disposable ftw Dwisforme05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m3dic8d View Post
    Out of princple, I still couldn't be totally satisfied buying anything other than a V8 in a Mustang. Unless I was DD'ing the car and didn't care about the potential (being that the V8 will always have more...) it would bug me too much.

And yes, I know I drive a slow 350z LOL

ya know thats exactly what i thought. im pretty happy with my boosted 6r tho. its fun picking on alot of the v8s.
    I CAN HAZ 8 CYLINDERS?

Cameron Flaisch Photography
    Canon Shooter

when the 11' 5.0 comes out i hope the mach 1 is close to paid for.....i would love to have a 11' stang in the driveway

kodak disposable ftw Dwisforme05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by japan4racing View Post
    when the 11' 5.0 comes out i hope the mach 1 is close to paid for.....i would love to have a 11' stang in the driveway
    hopefully they change the back end of them too lol
    I CAN HAZ 8 CYLINDERS?

Cameron Flaisch Photography
    Canon Shooter

yea the ass end is wierd looking...the front is tits.

I never thought I would see the day that made V6 mustangs cool. So let me go against everything I have ever thought and say "Do Want"

THAT WOULD BE GANGSTER

All of the girls that get V6 Mustangs for their Sweet 16 will have to be careful, it will be too much of a handful for a lot of them, hell, a most of the guys too.
    Ever since I saw the numbers on the V6 Camaro, that's been the one I'd go for, I would be a little spooked by 426 horsepower, to be honest. I think that Ford is doing some really amazing stuff and this is the way that they are going to get back on track, too bad they couldn't have done it with the previous (good looking) body-style.
    Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Umm...Focus RS is where it's at

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by okra1981 View Post
    too bad they couldn't have done it with the previous (good looking) body-style.
    The new bodystyle has really grown on me... I think I like it better than the previous. Similar to how at first I preferred 94-98 body over 99-04, but that grew on me too. These new ones look mean with a drop and some nice wheels

Quote Originally Posted by m3dic8d View Post
    The new bodystyle has really grown on me... I think I like it better than the previous. Similar to how at first I preferred 94-98 body over 99-04, but that grew on me too. These new ones look mean with a drop and some nice wheels
    I've started to like the front, but the back still kills it for me. I bet a drop would really help though.
    Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just to bump it back up

The results are in!! InsideLine dynoed a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 on a Dynojet and it put down 395 HP & 365 TQ at the wheels!

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ang-gt-50.html

Im really excited about the new 5.0 and will probably be looking at purchasing one.

Haha, Ford had to compete with a Hyundai. I love that.

Im really excited about the new 5.0 and will probably be looking at purchasing one.
    I have a friend who saved the money up already. I can't wait to see what that baby can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

Just wait and see. GM is already talking about a twin turbo V6 for the C8 Vette (due in 2012). BMW has already started it and Audi is pretty much ditching it's V8 platform in favor of turbo 6's. The V8 is not going away, but it's going to be limited to use in their low production performance models.

Just wait and see. GM is already talking about a twin turbo V6 for the C8 Vette (due in 2012). BMW has already started it and Audi is pretty much ditching it's V8 platform in favor of turbo 6's. The V8 is not going away, but it's going to be limited to use in their low production performance models.
    if chevy ever puts a v6 in the vette...

bad things will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    And I do drive a Miata, so I am gayer than a three dollar bill...

Quote Originally Posted by slostang View Post
    if chevy ever puts a v6 in the vette...

bad things will happen.
    agreed,someone will get killed.......lol

Honestly chevy is not that stupid. The vette is not going to get any less than 8 cylinders.

283.5°.516&quot;(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

C8 umm what happened to the C7? and the last i heard there was no plans to redo the vette anytime in the near future. hence no C7 concepts yet. the closest thing you have to a concept is the stingray concept. and i highly doubt that are going to go thatt radical for a redesign.

supercharged v6s NOT turbo
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMechanic View Post
    C8 umm what happened to the C7? and the last i heard there was no plans to redo the vette anytime in the near future. hence no C7 concepts yet. the closest thing you have to a concept is the stingray concept. and i highly doubt that are going to go thatt radical for a redesign.

supercharged v6s NOT turbo
    This information is in the current issue of AutoWeek. The C7 is just going to be a revamped body with minor changes and the C8 is going to be an all new Vette according to their GM insider. On their site they only have a little bit of the article, but this is what it says. I think I put the wrong date in my first post. The C8 is slated for 2016.

By JULIAN RENDELL

General Motors is mulling a radical re-engineering for the Chevrolet Corvette, centered on a more fuel-efficient, mid-engined V6 powertrain, a lightweight alloy body and a more compact footprint.

The idea is to re-energize GM's ambition for the Corvette, with fundamental changes that will make it into a contemporary global supercar. The changes are penciled into GM's product plan for the next major model change, the C8, with an on-sale date around 2016. Both coupe and convertible models are planned.

The C7 had been the focus of plans for a mid-engined model capable of matching Europe's most exotic supercars. The mid-engined C7 got as far as engineering development but was canceled when the global credit crunch hit and GM faced financial woes that eventually led to the company's trip through bankruptcy court.

As a result, GM recast its Corvette plans around a more modest revamp of today's C6 into the C7 version, essentially a stopgap until the world-beating C8 arrives.

"That [the C7] will be the last of the traditional, old-style Corvettes," a senior GM insider told AutoWeek.

That will buy GM time while it works on a revolutionary new concept for the C8 Corvette that can blend fuel-economy and emissions improvements with the required level of supercar performance and handling.
    an illustrated look at a potential rear design of the C8 Chevrolet Corvette.
    MOTOR FORECAST

An illustrated look at a potential rear design of the C8 Chevrolet Corvette.
    Engineers are likely to shrink the C8 Corvette's footprint to cut weight and aerodynamic drag and reduce its visual bulk, which also will help with sales outside the United States.

Likely to shock Corvette purists is the suggestion that a V6 will replace a V8 in the C8, although 440 hp courtesy of twin turbochargers ought to calm fears of reduced power output.

With a traditional C7 on the horizon and a world-challenging all-new C8 in the wings, the survival of GM's greatest sports car likely will depend on its adaptability more than on its longevity.

if all that is true,chevy is gonna ruin the corvette name and history.