AKI-DC5, confusing a Peugeot LM car with NASCAR? Then trying to justify it? Without motorsports there wouldn't be modified cars, there probably wouldn't be this forum, and your precious RSX may not have even been built. I'm willing to bet you don't have the mental or physical capacity to participate in either a Le Mans or NASCAR race.
A car is just a machine comprised of thousands of parts, nothing more & nothing less. They all get from point A to point B with the only difference being the quality of the parts, how fast it gets there, or how comfortable it is. I bet you talk shit about all domestics just because they're domestics, not because you have worked on it and have found reasons not to like a particular model. You not liking NASCAR is fine, it bores the hell out of me but nobody is forcing me or you to go and nobody is forcing us to watch it either. Manufacturers wouldn't spend billions on motorsports if they didn't think it has a positive impact on the industry.
I'm done with Honda's not for the fact there are so many others out there, but because of theft and insurance costs considering what they are. I shouldn't have to pull the main relay and disconnect the distributor just to walk into a mall or have dinner...on a Civic or Integra. If I put a $2,500 Evo III wing on my BMW I wouldn't be concerned with someone trying to rip it off, yet if I put a $300 "replica" Backyard Special duckbill on a civic you know someone is gonna make an attempt to steal it. Any front or rear lip on a Honda will get snatched from a mall parking lot.
Good with numbers? Here's some for you to think about, Honda's press releases say there was a total of 314,857 [94-01] Integra's and 1,031,265 [92-95] Civics were produced/sold in the US.
Integra: http://hondanews.com/categories/1090/releases/1252
Civic: http://hondanews.com/categories/1090/releases/1253
Obviously when you have 2 models of cars with 1.4 million of them running around it's nearly impossible to be original, just about anything anyone can dream up has already been done. What sets those cars apart is when you can look at one and tell instantly someone spent a lot of time on it and used quality parts. There's a reason why I have over 160,000 views on my Integra's cardomain without the help of pics of half naked chicks. Very few have a Porsche brake setup and only one other Integra in the world had a bumper like mine and it was built for a track only dedicated car after the owner saw mine.
When there are thousands of other cars just like yours out there the only way to set it apart is innovation and elbow grease.
Anyone that thinks "JDM" is a style is a complete idiot. I guarantee you if you compare US to Japanese magazines the past 10+ years you'll see the stockish look, wheels, drop, with oem factory or conservative aftermarket aero is FAR more prevalent in the US than anywhere else. You need to keep sliding those beads on your abacus Mr. Accountant and leave the automotive scene to those that respect and admire those that have made it possible.






Reply With Quote