Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: is it possible to make a turbo a sleeper??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    sleeve me please?
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    monroe
    Age
    37
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    i am putting it in a ek 98 with 2k front end gsr stock bore with forged internals and semi built head just need a port job i might do a little one myself??? dont no yet cheap ebay intercooler set made by godspeed cast iron manifold with tial wastegate and garret turbo t3/4 and a hks bov i lightly coated the intercooler with a flat black so it shouldnt be seen

  2. #2
    ^^Idiot with a car key ;) jmmx258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio asshole.
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,972
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jap_racer1
    i am putting it in a ek 98 with 2k front end gsr stock bore with forged internals and semi built head just need a port job i might do a little one myself??? dont no yet cheap ebay intercooler set made by godspeed cast iron manifold with tial wastegate and garret turbo t3/4 and a hks bov i lightly coated the intercooler with a flat black so it shouldnt be seen
    Gotcha. I just read about the anodizing link in the other thread, i suggest trying it. I know I'm going to now that I know what it involves.

    Port job if just mild is fairly easy if you know what your getting into, water jackets and what not. The more you can get your motor to flow via porting the better, however you can go to far. I suggest doing what I did. Take your exhaust gasket and put it on the head. Mark where its wider than the exhaust ports and only take them that big. Do the same with your manifold. If the gasket holes are bigger a good carbide cutter will even them up. Aside from some grinding up in near the valves that would be about the best I would suggest doing (That is if you've never ported a motor before)

    Friend of mine with an EK hatch is running a backdoor IC, a stock one from an SRT4. It fits VERY good, with minimal mods. Its also incredibly hard to see as well. His bumper is not cut at all.

    I love that EF Sleeper sedan. There was a post about an EF hatch a while back i believe on HT, it had a b-series I dont recall the specs boost etc.., I know it had HX wheels with hub caps on it though lol.

    Good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!