View Poll Results: Is Bigdare23 correct?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Bigdare, swapping between OEM rims is gay!

102 44.54%
  • No you are wrong Bigdare!!! My OEM rims are the shit!!!

127 55.46%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I hate OEM rims. (HONDA Rant)

Super Ghetto Rally Team EP3sAreFun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondabuilder
    fuck the bullshit the S2K is fixin' to get Volk TE37's. Everybody crying about how fucking wonderful their OEM wheels are simply can't afford the real shit. I don't know ANYONE who would take a set of blades over some real wheels like volk's, work's, BBS, mugen etc. Everybody WANTS them, if they can't have them they act like they DECIDED on oem, when that decision really got made by their wallet.
    What about people that don't think Blingin' wheels are that important? my car came with a factory package with a 16x8 front and 16x9 rear and these are perfect for any tire combination i could ever wanna run. These wheels can be found for like $250 a set. I feel that putting $3,000 wheels on a car that's only worth $2,000 if it gets totaled is kinda silly. Having invested $2750 into wheels doesnt make the car any faster.

*shrug*

as we SQ ppl say.... just my 2.6 cents

Mine really dosn't leave the garage. People across the street think it is a tool bench.

Quote Originally Posted by EP3sAreFun
    What about people that don't think Blingin' wheels are that important? my car came with a factory package with a 16x8 front and 16x9 rear and these are perfect for any tire combination i could ever wanna run. These wheels can be found for like $250 a set. I feel that putting $3,000 wheels on a car that's only worth $2,000 if it gets totaled is kinda silly. Having invested $2750 into wheels doesnt make the car any faster.

*shrug*

as we SQ ppl say.... just my 2.6 cents
    So you're telling me that no matter what, you wouldn't put a set of Volks, or BBS wheels on your car, just because the factory wheels fit right? And last I checked, any time you can reduce unsprung weight, it DOES make the car faster. If you think they are too expensive, and the stock wheels work fine, then I absolutely understand, but you cannot convince me that you would rather have those stock wheels than the wheels everyone else drools over. I just don't buy it.
    Who knows?

So you're telling me that no matter what, you wouldn't put a set of Volks, or BBS wheels on your car, just because the factory wheels fit right? And last I checked, any time you can reduce unsprung weight, it DOES make the car faster. If you think they are too expensive, and the stock wheels work fine, then I absolutely understand, but you cannot convince me that you would rather have those stock wheels than the wheels everyone else drools over. I just don't buy it.
    If someone came to me with a set of Volks that are the correct offset and said i'll sell you these for 250 or you can buy these OE wheels for 250.

I'd take the volks. ofcourse.

But in reality, i'm not gonna spend 2400 on wheels and another grand on tires when i could spend 3400 on coilovers/bigger turbo/forged pistons/etc...

I'm just saying i could get alot more bang for my buck then dropping money on $$$ wheels.

Mine really dosn't leave the garage. People across the street think it is a tool bench.

If someone came to me with a set of Volks that are the correct offset and said i'll sell you these for 250 or you can buy these OE wheels for 250.

I'd take the volks. ofcourse.

But in reality, i'm not gonna spend 2400 on wheels and another grand on tires when i could spend 3400 on coilovers/bigger turbo/forged pistons/etc...

I'm just saying i could get alot more bang for my buck then dropping money on $$$ wheels.
    Of course you could but this thread is about wheels, not about getting the best bang for your buck on other mods....so your point is pointless here

If you actually had money then you probably would spend it on volks rather than riding on stock wheels, I mean a big part of modifying cars is to set yours apart from every other on the road...blending in is no fun....

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
    Of course you could but this thread is about wheels, not about getting the best bang for your buck on other mods....so your point is pointless here

If you actually had money then you probably would spend it on volks rather than riding on stock wheels, I mean a big part of modifying cars is to set yours apart from every other on the road...blending in is no fun....
    lol wut? maybe in your mind. Well i drive a 1986 Mitsbuishi Starion. So unlike you, I don't have to strive to be different. I modify mine to go faster.

Just cause you don't get my point doesn't make it any less valid, scooter.

The post was about buying OEM wheels vs, buying aftermarket wheels. So I was specifically discussing OEM vs. high-end wheels. And my opinion was for a car that has weird offsets, such as mine, the cost of an aftermarket wheel far outweighs the benefit or joy of having pretty wheels.

lol wut? maybe in your mind. Well i drive a 1986 Mitsbuishi Starion. So unlike you, I don't have to strive to be different. I modify mine to go faster.

Just cause you don't get my point doesn't make it any less valid, scooter.

The post was about buying OEM wheels vs, buying aftermarket wheels. So I was specifically discussing OEM vs. high-end wheels. And my opinion was for a car that has weird offsets, such as mine, the cost of an aftermarket wheel far outweighs the benefit or joy of having pretty wheels.
    I get your point, you didn't get mine, idiot.

The price of buying wheels for your car would be no different than buying them for my car, if if it is, only slightly...But yes I understand you don't care about looks you just want to go fast...in your 24 year old car....you want to go fast...

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Keep the shit talk out of here or you'll have a vacation. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

well ok sry man i thought you was laughin at my car...but still its not cool to laugh at other people's stuff..w/e

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23
    You're saying I'm taking people opinions out of proportion, but you neg repped me FIRST because of my opinion ooookay

And I wasn't laughing at your car because I actually like Accords, I was laughing at your taste in mods.

Now this is why I created this thread! The people who have no reason criticizing other people cars are always the ones who are doing it. If you're rocking gsr blades, you dont have nothing to say about dude who is rocking Mugens. If you're rocking ASA rims, you can't bash SSRs. That's the point I am trying to make.
    -Evan
    '95 Accord LX FoeDoe w/ JDM F22B swap

I need a P39 Automatic ECU. PM me if you got one you wanna sell.

The price of buying wheels for your car would be no different than buying them for my car, if if it is, only slightly...But yes I understand you don't care about looks you just want to go fast...in your 24 year old car....you want to go fast...
    Are you insinuating a 24 year old car couldn't be made fast? If so that is just another asinine comment to add to your collection.

EP3- I can certainly understand that mentality. If performance on a budget is the idea, then absolutely. However, in your case you aren't judging anyone else for having high end wheels calling them stupid for it, because THAT is what makes it so annoying ya know? Why should the guy who can't afford my wheels/car have any say about my wheels/car? He obviously couldn't even do things well enough to have the option to do what I have, therefore why should his opinion of my choices matter? See what I'm sayin?
    Who knows?

Are you insinuating a 24 year old car couldn't be made fast? If so that is just another asinine comment to add to your collection.

EP3- I can certainly understand that mentality. If performance on a budget is the idea, then absolutely. However, in your case you aren't judging anyone else for having high end wheels calling them stupid for it, because THAT is what makes it so annoying ya know? Why should the guy who can't afford my wheels/car have any say about my wheels/car? He obviously couldn't even do things well enough to have the option to do what I have, therefore why should his opinion of my choices matter? See what I'm sayin?
    oooh okay. yeah yeah. agreed. well put

I DO like some OEM wheels and they are often a better choice because of the high build quality and standards they are held to compared to lower end wheels. Used OEM's and used older JDM imported wheels are my favorites because their cost has dropped but they still have quality and strength. here are some that i have owned for my 240 for both street and track and they have served me well. the most expensive set cost $450 and they were for lightweight/ to fit lug conversions / i liked the style/ good deals/ brake clearance / spares / whatever reason. It is all about what YOU like and what YOUR purpose is.
    these have included:
    lancer OZ rally wheels
    polished stock s13 7 spokes
    work eurolines
    veilside andrew racing V
    work ryvers
    mustang cobras
    FD rx7
    gewalt meshies
    BRS poisons
    s14 stockers

AUGUSTA, GA 706 832 4273

oooh okay. yeah yeah. agreed. well put
    BTW. if i came upon a set of starion wheels, which i never do, i would prolly have to get them b/c they are one of the coolest OEMs ever on any car IMO. One of my favorite classics.

AUGUSTA, GA 706 832 4273

I was not insinuating anything. You assumed I meant that. A car can be made fast regardless of it's age.

Stop assuming things...

That's why there was a question mark. what did you mean then? feel free to explain.
    Who knows?

oem rims are just cheaper then buyin aftermarkets...and there better then rydin on steelies you know? blades and si's are pretty clean tho..cant deny that

riding low is like a religion

Quote Originally Posted by bloodline
    oem rims are just cheaper then buyin aftermarkets...and there better then rydin on steelies you know? blades and si's are pretty clean tho..cant deny that
    Can't deny it, blades are nice. But someone who swears by oem wheels over aftermarket is an idiot...

I like fat 5s. But in general I agree w/ this rant from a year that's not 2009. LOL
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Quote Originally Posted by EP3sAreFun View Post
    So unlike you, I don't have to strive to be different..
    I bet you strive to keep it running.

LOL !
    BUY MY HATCH <--click the link, cuz.

i love oem wheels.

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

^true story/

Certified Gearhead

OEM FTW
    AIM - Kckouki

i didnt read this entire thread ....but i hope some one mentioned
    that allot of oem wheels are manufactured by enkie and they are round!!!!

take yer rota, drag.... BRAND NEW from the box , throw it on a tire balancer,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then come back n talk to me
    PawnShopMike

I miss-spell big words freeqwentlee thanks Dekalb Co skhool systems

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23 View Post
    now we need to convince JDMJAYDC2 that his collection of oem rims is the Devil
    in do time my friend. LOL. I still got my gold si's, but notice what im ridin on... cause they look 50574383627955 times better than OEM. im with u D. Lets make a stand lol first we gotta get JDMJAYDC2 in the game
    -EASTCOASTEFCIVICS.COM- For Sale call or txt 706-615-2205 thanks Stephen
    *LOW, SLOW, AND BANGIN'*

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23 View Post
    My RS-8 are too busy?!? What's conservative to you then?

I can tell you're one of those people that response to criticism with hate. I criticized you're taste in style, and you just had to respond by stating your "opinion" about my car. You just stated your car was a work in progress, then put my car in the same category as yours (I might add you gave me your worthless negative reps), while you know ours are in two different leagues. Better yet, have you even seen pictures of my car?

Look at those pictures, our cars do not believe in the same category.
    SUPERKLEEN Dare!
    -EASTCOASTEFCIVICS.COM- For Sale call or txt 706-615-2205 thanks Stephen
    *LOW, SLOW, AND BANGIN'*

^ looks slow
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

NWS FTW

oemmmm ftwwww

OEM truck wheels is classic in minitrucks. guys have been running z71 wheels on there hardbodies since the 80's. my titan wheels on the frontier are sweet, i looks like some sort of special factory package.

its a love hate thing for me....i love the ls meshes and the white type r's but i dont care too much for blades and si's are ok but i recently bought some circuit 10's...but mostly it depends on the car its on.

BROOTAL

Certified Gearhead

oem is cool as long as the wheels are clean and the fitment/stance is on point. i personally like polished fat fives and si's best. it's a good way to make a car look good on a budget. not really a fan of seeing oem wheels painted though, they never seem to look right.

i prefer aftermarket just because you have a lot more options...and for db8s, oem wheels are just too small IMO.

the way i see it.... there's a reason aftermarket rim companies stay in business... because OEM rims suck balls. just my opinion... i don't even like hondas anyways much less their rims.... seen some sick ones though with aftermarket rims
    Drillin' switches on them bitches!

Ridin' So Low...

Quote Originally Posted by AltimaCharlie View Post
    OEM truck wheels is classic in minitrucks. guys have been running z71 wheels on there hardbodies since the 80's. my titan wheels on the frontier are sweet, i looks like some sort of special factory package.

x2 this is true... same thing with caddy wheels on everything... my truck.... running some stockies in the front from an older model s10 and some summit racing prostars in the rear ... lol rims is expensive man..
    Drillin' switches on them bitches!

Ridin' So Low...

Certified Gearhead

Xtreme wheels on my S-10 ?
    AIM - Kckouki

I have oem wheels

I fucking love my blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    maybe some people like tasting teh dookiez?

IA Member

He's right. So many guys spend MORE money on USED factory wheels than new ones! And factory wheels that we all see and know seem to have crappy offset, tucking under the car for aerodynamic reasons and MPG, but what you want for performance is wider wheels with more offset. Wider tires, wider track. There are thousands of aftermarket styles of wheels, thousands and thousands. Why stick with boring ones everyone else has that are boring and ugly anyway when OEM wheels are just a sliver of the choices out there. And as for the small factory ones, ya still got the big, flexing sidewalls. Honda has made VERY VERY few good looking wheels. Most suck. And the old Mugen wheels that look like 80s hub caps from old Accords and Camrys...they aren't rare cause they are cool or light, they are rare cause they were ugly back then, and putting em on a newer car doesn't help. Plus also for performance, small stock wheels suck for allowing bigger and better brakes.

I'm not looking for functionality I just like what I like to ride on.

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    maybe some people like tasting teh dookiez?

Its all about what looks good to you i geuss but fat5's and blade swaps are played out.... but if they are lite than they serve a function and thats what matters.
    now Kckouki on the other hand with his R34 wheels on the Kouki S14...That shit is hot.
    Last edited by OldSchool87; 04-28-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    I have a Turd in my pocket.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234