Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xPhantomSilviax
    time attack style looks good.
    Lolol. No they don't. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by @utoGrip
    i should paint my ITR wheels white lolx...dumbass

You should also learn how to form complete sentences before you attempt to insult anyone, Mr. Rhodes Scholar.

First Lady of Gecko SLOWLYbtngU's Avatar

IMO, sometimes what people visualize and want isnt attainable so they create it themselves? Sometimes it isnt about going for a certain style, just more so, doing what you want instead of what others want. I plan on painting my steelies cuz I want to...Plain and simple. People have told me that it will be tacky and it probably will, but it's what I want and what I am going to be riding on. Just like some people thought that my pink wheels were tacky before they were stolen, but I am ordering them again... Because it is what I want that matters.

I mean sure everyone is entitled to their opinions, it jsut depends on whether or not you are the kind of person that can take criticism and not give a damn or if you are the type that goes home and cries as you spray paint remover on their wheels... You feel me?

BeFF <beef>
    GECKOSQUAD

The Philanthropist Dirty Octopus™'s Avatar

well i dont give a damn. i think that's why ive turned haters into fans of the DO™ movement

Senior Member | IA Veteran boostedb16's Avatar

i agree with stuntallday about the wheel painting thing. but the bmw on the first page that wants to paint his wheels, thats fine. certain wheels you can get away with but some you cant. i dont care personally if you paint oem steel wheel's, there not on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedb16
    i agree with stuntallday about the wheel painting thing. but the bmw on the first page that wants to paint his wheels, thats fine. certain wheels you can get away with but some you cant. i dont care personally if you paint oem steel wheel's, there not on my car.
    see it also depends on the make of the wheel.

the Bimmer for example. those are BBS' if im not mistaken. BBS come painted ALL the time!
    LS mesh on the other hand dont.

i see the painting as a low budget useless mod. ive done it many a time with my Fat Fives back in the day. i did it cuz i wanted to but i wasnt going out claiming it was the hottest thing to hit the JDM scene since NAWS. it was... just there.

Next adventure is... Just_CHill's Avatar

Well this is a thread that's going to go back and forth. But I guess I'll put in my 2 cents in.

It's easy for someone with money to say, "Save your money and you can get anything you want." Not many people can't save money just because of the situation they may be in (especially the way the economy is crashing.) I personally thinks it's cool when someone paint their rims a different color. It's a creative way of not looking like everyone else.

It's like me saying "I hate status cars (Lexus, Mercedes Benz, BMW, etc) because I think it's a waste of money. If you conserve your money and put it into a cheaper car, you can make it as fast and as reliable as any of them." But I don't, cause every class of people has different thoughts, ways of doing things, and I respect that by not blowing up on a forum saying your ways are wrong, try it my way.

I could be rambling but oh well. That's it for me. Later.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by boostedb16

Great minds think alike and I repped you bro....we need to hang out sometime...
    I'm getting back into Honda's again....

To DO..I got a project I'm starting on....All I can say for now is that it will involve BYS or Air Walker, Work wheels, Nardi or KEYS!, and a few other details I have yet to figure out...

Quote Originally Posted by StuntallDay

To DO..I got a project I'm starting on....All I can say for now is that it will involve BYS or Air Walker, Work wheels, Nardi or KEYS!, and a few other details I have yet to figure out...
    damn! ... you are sooooooo speaking my language!
    well my new language.

i'll never forget my humble beginnings

see you gotta start somewhere.

what you got? a EG chassis or EK?

man im so amped to see this !

MOST HATED

I haven't decided whether I'm doing a coupe or a Hatchback but it'll definitely be a 96-00 Civic....

I've already ordered my Work xd-9's in white and I'm thinking about getting a set of polished CR Kai's......that's as far as I've gotten so far...

I'm trying to figure out whether I can justify to myself spending almost 900 bucks on a fiberglass/kevlar front bumper but who knows..I may just go Air Walker.....I REALLY want to do a Kswap but I just don't see myself spending that kind of money on a motor for a car that will not be daily driven...

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™
    i see the painting as a low budget useless mod. ive done it many a time with my Fat Fives back in the day. i did it cuz i wanted to but i wasnt going out claiming it was the hottest thing to hit the JDM scene since NAWS. it was... just there.
    That's the thing though...this didn't start out as a topic for people with painted wheels to brag about them, and subsequently claim how awesomely JDM they are.

I've never ran into someone who painted OEM wheels and stated how awesome, or JDM they were - have you?

mira pa'ya eso, ni caso me hace... hmph!

BeFF <beef>
    GECKOSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
    That's the thing though...this didn't start out as a topic for people with painted wheels to brag about them, and subsequently claim how awesomely JDM they are.

I've never ran into someone who painted OEM wheels and stated how awesome, or JDM they were - have you?

Hmmmmm....... me neither.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLYbtngU
    mira pa'ya eso, ni caso me hace... hmph!

Oye boricua...cuando vamos a salir?
    Yo se que no tienes un novio .............

I haven't decided whether I'm doing a coupe or a Hatchback but it'll definitely be a 96-00 Civic....

I've already ordered my Work xd-9's in white and I'm thinking about getting a set of polished CR Kai's......that's as far as I've gotten so far...

I'm trying to figure out whether I can justify to myself spending almost 900 bucks on a fiberglass/kevlar front bumper but who knows..I may just go Air Walker.....I REALLY want to do a Kswap but I just don't see myself spending that kind of money on a motor for a car that will not be daily driven...
    white XD-9's? boooooooooy you need to suck on a lemon!
    the Kai's are cool too but im not a fan of the dual spoke 5 spoke design wheel thingy thing.

yeah i feel you on the motor deal. it would be ideal for the both of us but just not practical. and boy am i ALL about practicality.

As for the Air Walker... i guess for not being a DD it would be somewhat worth it but i'd rather put that money into something such as suspension or interior aesthetics. I've seen many OEM 99-00 frontend cars look way better than the high end front end cars.

pm'd

BeFF <beef>
    GECKOSQUAD

Se parece a esto se volverá un hilo bilingüe. Yo me pregunto si ella tiene a un novio también.

Quote Originally Posted by tchill
    Se parece a esto se volverá un hilo bilingüe. Yo me pregunto si ella tiene a un novio también.
    LOL!!!!

BeFF <beef>
    GECKOSQUAD

ahhh sh¡t son! mira eso
    n¡gga speakin' dat sh¡t!

he KNOW you aint got one Babe

BeFF <beef>
    GECKOSQUAD

Anyways back on topic...What is your opinion then on the people that dont do it to "fit in" but do it more so from an artistic stand point?

BeFF <beef>
    GECKOSQUAD

MOST HATED

white XD-9's? boooooooooy you need to suck on a lemon!
    the Kai's are cool too but im not a fan of the dual spoke 5 spoke design wheel thingy thing.

yeah i feel you on the motor deal. it would be ideal for the both of us but just not practical. and boy am i ALL about practicality.

As for the Air Walker... i guess for not being a DD it would be somewhat worth it but i'd rather put that money into something such as suspension or interior aesthetics. I've seen many OEM 99-00 frontend cars look way better than the high end front end cars.

What...you dont like XD-9's?
    and yea, Ima go with either BYS or AW for sure....

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLYbtngU
    Anyways back on topic...What is your opinion then on the people that dont do it to "fit in" but do it more so from an artistic stand point?
    that's me

What...you dont like XD-9's?
    and yea, Ima go with either BYS or AW for sure....
    Oh no! i LOVE em'!!!
    you never heard the Juvenile 400 Degrees album?

i think either Baby Or Mannie Fresh were saying all the names of the members of the "Hot Boyz" followed by a description. like...
    "Turk... He Tight"

and i think they got to Wayne or Juvenile and they said

"He need to just suck on a lemon cuz he is off da chain" or something along those lines.

So in short you needing to suck on a lemon is indeed a good thing.

the idea of white XD-9s is sick

Certified Gearhead

Okay this is just me playing devil's advocate here, which I've been known to do. I'm not ripping on you, but more asking a question.

So what is the difference, besides having money, from a guy who goes out and buys all name brand stuff such as Back Yard Special, Nardi, etc. etc. - all the stuff that impresses JDM fanboys, and the guy who paints his OEM wheels trying to impress people?

More or less the same thing is going on - someone is building a car in hopes of getting props. One guy has the money to buy the baller "JDM must-have" stuff while the other ends up with knock off stuff or repainted wheels, etc.

In principle it's the same thhing, is it not?

What makes a guy better for spending $1,000.00 on a bumper, and $1,500+ ohn wheels than the next guy that didn't?

MOST HATED

Okay this is just me playing devil's advocate here, which I've been known to do. I'm not ripping on you, but more asking a question.

So what is the difference, besides having money, from a guy who goes out and buys all name brand stuff such as Back Yard Special, Nardi, etc. etc. - all the stuff that impresses JDM fanboys, and the guy who paints his OEM wheels trying to impress people?

More or less the same thing is going on - someone is building a car in hopes of getting props. One guy has the money to buy the baller "JDM must-have" stuff while the other ends up with knock off stuff or repainted wheels, etc.

What makes a guy better for spending $1,000.00 on a bumper, and $1,500+ ohn wheels than the next guy that didn't?

The thing is at the end of the day, no matter whether one admits it or not, part of the reason why one does what one does to their car is for peer spproval and thats an undeniable fact.....

Somewhere in your mind, you do the shiit you do because you want ppl to look at what you've created and be like damn....

Not only that, but I'm also building a car so it can inspire a new breed of car builders in the Southeast..There are a lot of hot cars in this area of the country but not enough and not nearly like in Cali....and then I'm doing it for me bec I enjoy doing what I do..

I think I'm original bec I have yet to personally see a modded Z4...
    I took a car that not many ppl my age fuk with and I made it the best I could...

I don't quite get your question. you started to confuse me in the middle paragraph.

I can tell you from my experience that as a beginner i did things as a beginner and now that i've grown and learned where to put my money i've made many different moves as far as modding my vehicle is concerned. I don't build for others i build for myself. I always have. even when i painted my wheels.

I don't have any more money than i did 2 years ago. well i do but it sorta balances out when you have more responsibilities than before.

I agree with the thread starter on a lot of points but unlike the thread starter i believe that the painting of OEM wheels thing is a phase. if im not mistaken i think there was an argument in the thread about OEM wheels looking better painted as opposed to stock. opinions come with experience. i thought it did. but now i know better.

damn... i think i went Hillary there for a second. oh wells

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

The thing is at the end of the day, no matter whether one admits it or not, part of the reason why one does what one does to their car is for peer spproval and thats an undeniable fact.....
    You're exactly right. If this weren't so, we wouldn't have a thousands new posts a day in this section by people wanting to show that they did something "new" to their cars. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Certified Gearhead

Basically my point is that someone buying crazy expensive JDM parts such as BYS front bumpers, Nardi steering wheels, etc. etc. - all of the "in" JDM stuff isn't any different than the guy buying Rota wheels and Grant GT wheel.

I could get into which parts are unnecessary IMO, and how money could be better spent to make the car faster, stop better, handle better, etc. but that's another story.

If people can achieve the look that THEY want by simply painting their wheels, then more power to them. I agree that it's kinda dumb, but in certain situations I don't mind it.

MOST HATED

Basically my point is that someone buying crazy expensive JDM parts such as BYS front bumpers, Nardi steering wheels, etc. etc. - all of the "in" JDM stuff isn't any different than the guy buying Rota wheels and Grant GT wheel.

I could get into which parts are unnecessary IMO, and how money could be better spent to make the car faster, stop better, handle better, etc. but that's another story.

It could also be argued that what is expensive for one person could be relatively cheap for another.....and also, one can always debate on what's necessary and what isn't...Some people spend crazy money on big brake kits and don't have the hp's to justify such an expenditure...

Certified Gearhead

It could also be argued that what is expensive for one person could be relatively cheap for another.....and also, one can always debate on what's necessary and what isn't...Some people spend crazy money on big brake kits and don't have the hp's to justify such an expenditure...
    Well that kind of plays into my point:

One could start limitless topics such as this asking:

"What is the point of mod X"

You asking why, or stating how seemingly stupid it is for one to paint his OEM wheels is no different than I or anyone else posting a topic stating how pointless any number of mods is.

Painted wheels, tilted hoods, unpainted carbon fiber, forged racing wheels on a car that will never see any motorsports duty, tow hooks, lexan windows on a street car, big brakes with stock master cylinder, etc. etc. it's all subjective, no?

Trust me the list would be endless since everyone has a different opinion.

MOST HATED

You asking why, or stating how seemingly stupid it is for one to paint his OEM wheels is no different than I or anyone else posting a topic stating how pointless any number of mods is.

Painted wheels, tilted hoods, unpainted carbon fiber, forged racing wheels on a car that will never see any motorsports duty, tow hooks, lexan windows on a street car, big brakes with stock master cylinder, etc. etc. it's all subjective, no?

Youre absolutely right....

See it all boils down to opinions.

If I want a fresh vehicle i'm gonna do whatever i feel it takes to make it fresh. following my standards of course. i'll go off of my model of fresh not another mans. you can easily name all of these unecessary parts IYO but it may not be unecessary for the person purchasing it.

Like me!

i wanna be fresh! i could careless about your going faster. my car stops, accelerates and handles just fine for me.

I just have different priorities. what i do is my own bidness.

think of me like this...

imagine a black man walking up to you saying..

"Yeeeeah dawg. Umma fix up my Honda like diss right here. diss is how i see it.... Umma get da white paints. umma get dem BBS' (blacks like BBS' for some reason) umma be grippin grain. hell dawg i might even go on head and get dem leatha seats. sh¡t gonna be fresh pimpin"

and BAM! i did it. cuz thats the vision that "I" had

and you know what? some of ya'll actually happened to like it!

MOST HATED

See it all boils down to opinions.

If I want a fresh vehicle i'm gonna do whatever i feel it takes to make it fresh. following my standards of course. i'll go off of my model of fresh not another mans. you can easily name all of these unecessary parts IYO but it may not be unecessary for the person purchasing it.

Like me!

i wanna be fresh! i could careless about your going faster. my car stops, accelerates and handles just fine for me.

I just have different priorities. what i do is my own bidness.

think of me like this...

imagine a black man walking up to you saying..

"Yeeeeah dawg. Umma fix up my Honda like diss right here. diss is how i see it.... Umma get da white paints. umma get dem BBS' (blacks like BBS' for some reason) umma be grippin grain. hell dawg i might even go on head and get dem leatha seats. sh¡t gonna be fresh pimpin"

and BAM! i did it. cuz thats the vision that "I" had

and you know what? some of ya'll actually happened to like it!

except you wouldn't say the shiit like that....

Yo for real, we need to chill sometime when I get my **** done....or whenever.You're good people's man..and to think..i didn't like you at the beginning of the infamous N word thread...

Arguments over subjective matters are funny!

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

I disagree with some of that, I did everything short of tilting (venting) the hood to make my car run cooler. Wrapped the exhaust, synthetic intake manifold gaskets, etc. If you can lower the temperature any amount with a mod you have a better running and longer lasting engine, period. My engine bay was always 30° cooler than any other Honda...proven by my infared thermometer.

There is no problem with big brakes on a stock master cylinder as long as you know how brakes operate. I had Porsche brakes with 15-20% larger rotors using a 100% stock Honda master cylinder...the exact same setup was run on the track for years with zero issues.

If the pedal is too hard or too soft when the stock master cylinder you can easily modify the length of the shaft going into the master cylinder to fix it. When doing e36 swaps in an e30 you use a e21 brake booster because its smaller allowing the engine to fit...the smaller booster my not be up to par for the larger brakes so the shaft is shortened giving the correct pedal feel...been done hundreds of times.

Unpainted carbon fiber IS for show. It's harder to maintain and clears don't protect it as well as paint does. On the other hand people add pearl and differant metallics to paints to give it a deeper, almost 3D effect...no different that unpainted carbon fiber.

Less weight equals better gas mileage, period. With the way gas prices are increasing weight savings is a big plus.

except you wouldn't say the shiit like that....

Yo for real, we need to chill sometime when I get my **** done....or whenever.You're good people's man..and to think..i didn't like you at the beginning of the infamous N word thread...
    daayuuum! that's right!
    lolflz!
    Joselyn had to convince you that i'm not that ignorant.

I'm really not. I only try to come off that way on the internet because i think it's funny

but yeah bro. im down! whenever. matter of fact for my and the wifes new apartment warming you need to swing by. i'll let you know when it is

MOST HATED

daayuuum! that's right!
    lolflz!
    Joselyn had to convince you that i'm not that ignorant.

I'm really not. I only try to come off that way on the internet because i think it's funny

but yeah bro. im down! whenever. matter of fact for my and the wifes new apartment warming you need to swing by. i'll let you know when it is

Word....let me know when & i will try....

I def won't have the car ready til Nopi....
    I'm just going to take my time, do it right so I can surprise the fk out of ppl..

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

I'm just going to take my time, do it right so I can surprise the fk out of ppl..
    Bingo

Word....let me know when & i will try....

I def won't have the car ready til Nopi....
    Yessir!

well.. car or no car it doesnt matter. its just good to be in the company of good people

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast