Thread: 2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition...

Default 2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition...

How much power can a stock block handle daily in the 2003 volkswagen gti?
    Im just curious. Sorry if it's a dumb question. lol.
    Boost under slow construction...

IIRC I think guys were getting around 400 before the internals started to fail

definatly dont think those numbers were daily drivin

2005 C55 AMG
    durtydubs

Certified Gearhead

i drove a 20th anniversary GTI with an APR stage III turbo kit (FMIC, 3" exhaust etc.) it was sick, but not my cup of tea (im a little bias against FWD.) the car was still fast as balls though, it would start the traction control in 3rd gear.
    i think thats around 290hp/296tq stock block.

aside from the 1.8s being oil leak prone/frequent timing belt changes (5yrs/80,000miles, seen them broken/stripped at <60k because the car was 5-6 yrs old), they seem to be strong internally. one thing you should be aware of with them though, they develope sludging problems, change the oil religiously, dont let that slip.

Quote Originally Posted by 2rotor
    i drove a 20th anniversary GTI with an APR stage III turbo kit (FMIC, 3" exhaust etc.) it was sick, but not my cup of tea (im a little bias against FWD.) the car was still fast as balls though, it would start the traction control in 3rd gear.
    i think thats around 290hp/296tq stock block.

aside from the 1.8s being oil leak prone/frequent timing belt changes (5yrs/80,000miles, seen them broken/stripped at <60k because the car was 5-6 yrs old), they seem to be strong internally. one thing you should be aware of with them though, they develope sludging problems, change the oil religiously, dont let that slip.
    Thanks for the info.

You need to talk to Admin! He had a VDub Golf Pushing retarded power on a stock turbo and stock internals. I believe his last numbers before he sold it were 240+ hp and 300 fts. Contact him he can hook you up with a good shop for Vdub's too!

Thanks dude.