Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Project IX - Z32 LS1/2

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    I miss Atlanta. Sol-Badguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    No
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,232
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Wow. That's detailed, and would be a really sick setup.

    I just don't like seeing a lot of people dropping Vette motors into 80's sports cars..

  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran speedminded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    22,589
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieDB
    Wow. That's detailed, and would be a really sick setup.

    I just don't like seeing a lot of people dropping Vette motors into 80's sports cars..
    If you've ever seen a C5R or C6R run you can't not appreciate the LS engines

    Power & torque to price, weight of the engine, aftermarket availability...an LS1 is around 130lb's lighter than a KA24 in a 240sx. with double the horsepower and torque...but of course you can get one for only $500 all day long while an LS1 is going to be a bit more.

  3. #3
    I miss Atlanta. Sol-Badguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    No
    Age
    39
    Posts
    9,232
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    If you've ever seen a C5R or C6R run you can't not appreciate the LS engines

    Power & torque to price, weight of the engine, aftermarket availability...an LS1 is around 130lb's lighter than a KA24 in a 240sx. with double the horsepower and torque...but of course you can get one for only $500 all day long while an LS1 is going to be a bit more.
    Oh, I agree with that.

    I'm just saying when I saw my first LSx 240z, I was in shock. Then came the LSx FC RX-7, that was pushing it a bit. Then the Z32? Wow.

    Makes me wonder what's next. Hell, I've even seen an old 3rd gen Prelude like mine converted to RWD with a Chevy 327 and all Ford Drag suspension; bastard child anyone?

    However, I do see that as a valid project that would yield great results.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!