Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Had to post this!

Certified Gearhead

Honestly it was a simple motor rebuild that just got out of control (bought 2 sets of wheels, power output was never the goal but became one after the initial baseline). I probably bought stuff I and no need to but did it because i could.

I had no direction when I was dumping money into my car. I don't track it all that much but I do drive it alot so I would say I built it for me. Its more built for drag racing and I have no desire to do that so right now my car is a running contridiction.

I've flip flopped between selling the car, parting it out or just getting a stock frame turbo kit and making it a little more sane (500ish) for street driving. Fact is I've gone so far to the left now I'm contemplating if it makes sense to bother trying to go a little to the right or just scrap it, get an IS-F do some bolt ons and call it a fuckin day.

Beauty of it is all this was on my dime (The car, the mods, etc) so its not like I have a mountain of debt to make the car a monument of my impulses. So I am not PRESSED at all to go in either direction. Its blessing....and a curse. I can't figure out what i want to do right now. My car was its most fun when I was running E85 and putting down about 460 with a bigger stock frame turbo.

Thing is I like car shows, drag racing and tracks. And I think in my head I wanted to build something that could do all 3. I think once I saw the dyno numbers on my baseline tune after the motor rebuild and upgraded turbo kit I wanted to see how far I could go, and the scary thing is there is more in it. I could probably hit about 850-900 with a slightly bigger but more efficient PTE turbo but why?

And until I figure out the answer to all those questions I'll be stuck trying to figure out my next move.

And Gregg....you started out in front. i was reeling you in. LOL. Man don't you wish you could back in time and relive the moment. You and I remember that night very differently. Too bad there were no gopros back then. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the night in ?

And I maintain y'all negros have never gotten me........NEVAR MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

I like hondas, and I enjoy building them, but noone wants to pay the price to build a car that it costs..... They can just click buy it now and build what they want and be content...

Thats why I work on more S2k, Evo,Sti, SRT's, BMW, G37/370,VW now... They don't mind paying because they want quality work, and quality parts and power.

I am building myself a "race" car, but whats the point, there will be what 4 drag races. I rather go road race. You can do that every weekend if you want.

Example. Honda customer bitches about 250$ to replace a clutch (labor)
    Evo customer says oh its only $600-800(labor depending on rate). WOW THANKS

The EMPIRE

Privateer Racing!!

I agree 100% with everything James said!

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by EmminoDaGreat View Post
    I like hondas, and I enjoy building them, but noone wants to pay the price to build a car that it costs..... They can just click buy it now and build what they want and be content...

Thats why I work on more S2k, Evo,Sti, SRT's, BMW, G37/370,VW now... They don't mind paying because they want quality work, and quality parts and power.

I am building myself a "race" car, but whats the point, there will be what 4 drag races. I rather go road race. You can do that every weekend if you want.

Example. Honda customer bitches about 250$ to replace a clutch (labor)
    Evo customer says oh its only $600-800(labor depending on rate). WOW THANKS

That is true although you have kids taking that cheap mentality (Its called Honda mentality but I hate that because I used to own Hondas and spared no expense when I did) and buying used S2K's, Evo, 350/370's etc and they do some trendy shit and the first time they have to
    do any real maintenance they either half ass it or sell the car and go back to owning a Honda.

Yea I drive a Neon! justnprsh07's Avatar

I agree with everyone on this!! Biggest problem is no one has the money and those that do putt it else where. I do all I can to help anyone and everyone out where I live thats interested in the "race" scene. I'm also building another "drag" car just bc in allmotor pro there relly isn't any fast cars... Just like stretch said, theve been winning with a stock bottom h series and I give them props for tht but there just is any reason for much else bc there is no competition. I have managed to get a few buddies to diols some cars to compete with and we plan on playing a lot at local track to try to get more ppl interested but as of righ now I have waisted a TON of money just bc I love the sport.

And I'm sure when I'm done "and after I pay Morris to wire and tune my car" I'll talk all kinds of shit and piss as many ppl off as I can bc it's part of racing and keeps the interest there lol. Hell before an event I'll call midnight out and make a big hype about it to get the interest there and shake hands and take them to dinner after they win bc my shits is overkill as usual lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Halex is still around lol? Haven't seen him in forever.

I had the first ANR and Rmf header here was on my gsr crx. Dans yellow itr crx I miss.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

Had an Evo recently and sold it. No clue whats he's into now. He was talking about Morris tuning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex i ITR View Post
    That is true although you have kids taking that cheap mentality (Its called Honda mentality but I hate that because I used to own Hondas and spared no expense when I did) and buying used S2K's, Evo, 350/370's etc and they do some trendy shit and the first time they have to
    do any real maintenance they either half ass it or sell the car and go back to owning a Honda.
    The trendy stuff/cheapos will have a small percentage in the higher end cars.
    While the trendy stuff/cheapo to $$ in the honda/240 crowd just increases exponentially.

Everyday I get people crying about tuning rates, WTF is wrong with people that they want to skip the most vital step in performance....They rather get a "basemap" and ride it for a while.... THEN if their car fucks up on a "basemap" they cry and moan about it...

The EMPIRE

Certified Gearhead

Then they got exactly what they deserved. No sympathy at all for that shit. Why spend the money and not "complete" the damn project.

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Fuck the "I had" shit, bring what you have now to the events... The should-of, would-of is not helping the scene now!!

Why spend the money and not "complete" the damn project.
    Because they are cheap ass, dumb ass, hardparking ass kids!!!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

And I maintain y'all negros have never gotten me........NEVAR MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!
    Damn u Hurell.... damn u straight to hell... u know what this is some bullshit!.., there is NO "we remember that night diff shit" i couldnt have started out front that much cause fucking rob was blocking me so YOU could get out front but thats ok..... NEXT TIME there will be a gopro goddammit. Do u understand me Hurell!!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    Fuck the "I had" shit, bring what you have now to the events... The should-of, would-of is not helping the scene now!!
    Patience FUCKER.... i mean bobby
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Quote Originally Posted by 112480 View Post
    Patience FUCKER.... i mean bobby
    Bring that shit back to ATL, I'll drag you like Moseley did... :P

If I see this in ATLANTA I will drive my truck into it!! True Story...

Certified Gearhead

Damn u Hurell.... damn u straight to hell... u know what this is some bullshit!.., there is NO "we remember that night diff shit" i couldnt have started out front that much cause fucking rob was blocking me so YOU could get out front but thats ok..... NEXT TIME there will be a gopro goddammit. Do u understand me Hurell!!
    LOL. I'm a shit. I know.

If I see this in ATLANTA I will drive my truck into it!! True Story...

RHD DOE
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    No shop in Ga will ever make import racing big again. Back in the day their was 6 or 7 shops all wanting to be on top. Alot of those shops have switched to a different type of customers now. No offense but import people are cheap and I mean cheap. Why work on a Honda when u can work on a Lamborghini and make 5 time as much money and deal with people that have money to spend.
    And stretch their are more cars in Ga capable of running 6s in the 1/8 besides the 3 you listed. I know of 5 hondas that can run it no problem but don't bring them out because what for their is no competition in Ga. It wi never be like it is up north here in Ga. People around here don't love the sport like up North do.
    Well excuse me if those cars have never been out for me or anyone else in thread to know and talk about. Last I heard u started building ur car and started to part it out, but like I said its hear say. But ur statement just proved my point. U said there are 5 other cars that ate fast and run good times, Kool , fine, I commend yall. But where are they? And I'm not bashing u either, but if u and ur buddies got fast cars bring them out and stop talkong about then so we can have some fun competitive racing. No offense but if these are cars that don't come out and are hard parked in garages, no need talking about them. We have a sport called drag racing, that a few of us enjoy obviously but we don't support it. Thats all I'm saying. But for argument dId plz name the 5 cars that can run mid to low 6s plz. Not criticizing, but I would love to know then.

Bring that shit back to ATL, I'll drag you like Moseley did... :P
    Lol!! B.O.B, u learned NOTHING from that race did you. It would be more like me dragging your ass like Matt did
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Privateer Racing!!

Well strexth no offense man you really don't know me. I have been racing imports in ga since 2000. The green car isn't my first car that I built, after I started building this car and went way overboard I just had problems after problems with it and got tired of it. But that wasn't my 1st rodeo. I'll be back out racing very soon
    But there is Jullio Crx that runs lows 10s already, Greg Honda civic si that is one bad car and has every part you could imagine. Also Alfonso type r that has ran low 10s already. Couple other cars that I can't disclose since they are daily driven and owners prefer to not say who they are.
    The love of the sport is there for all of us, but sometimes work, families and obligations take all are time. For us this is a hobby it isn't something we use to build are shops or get ate names out there we do it for the love when we have time.
    Last edited by B18c1Turboed; 08-03-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    RHD DOE
    Thats JDM tyte

The love of the sport is there for all of us, but sometimes work, families and obligations take all are time. For us this is a hobby it isn't something we use to build are shops or get ate names out there we do it for the love when we have time.
    Now THIS is 110% the TRUTH!!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT

Certified Gearhead

As you get older you do have less and less time for hobbies. Little things become more important (kids recitals, games, plays, spouses wants and needs, etc). This (like everything else) will ebb and flow.

Greg's car has so much shit on it!!! I wish he would go back to the track his cars are always fast.

And this is not the 1124 greg ( its the other greg only a few know about I am sure)

The EMPIRE

Privateer Racing!!

Yea his car is just sitting, due to him being a fireman and emt now he don't have time for it. Shit we are boys and I ain't seen him in a year. That's how busy he is, but he won't part that car out for anything. That 10k Jim justice engine just sitting it's so sad

What's up with nopi at atl drag way in sept??? Is it gonna be like old times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Certified Gearhead

Now THIS is 110% the TRUTH!!
    true, but then with that comment, he is now making himself not the subject from the original quote. lol people on here are notorious for changing some words around to fit themselves into the conversation.
    INSERT AWESOME QUOTE HERE

Quote Originally Posted by justnprsh07 View Post
    What's up with nopi at atl drag way in sept??? Is it gonna be like old times
    No drag racing event..

No drag racing event..
    its at a drag strip and no drag racing???

There is only ONE solution the liven up the scene down here. More people need to come out. PERIOD. Doesnt matter if you have a slow car or a fast car. Cuz honestly the classes that are the most packed up north are the bracket classes. Full of 13-14 sec cars. But those are the spectators, the grass roots guy who brings his family out to watch the fast cars race and also races his beater for fun, or the younger kids with their friends racing their dailies. NO CROWD = NO REAL RACERS. If the crowd is there then the event organizers have more money to offer up to the racers as prize money. Ga needs to wake up and stop makin excuses and just go out and race regardless if you win or lose. Just go have fun.
    R.I.P. Booga
    "GA sucks the power out of cars w/ magic."

Quote Originally Posted by tnomud View Post
    its at a drag strip and no drag racing???
    Ok, so it's been added since I last looked, but not the format I would run..

DRAG RACING:

NGK Quick 32 - $3000 Payout. Anything can run so bring it out. Dial-in times on Saturday - Quickest 32 move to bracket eliminations on Sunday. $35 to enter this class - includes Car & Driver for both days

Supercar Challenge - $2000 Payout as of 6/05 ($1000 per class – winner take all) Open to all model “Supercars”. Run your Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Lotus, Porsche, V-Series, Viper, XKR, R8, GT-R, NSX, LF-A, GT500, Z06, ZR1, AMG Benz, M5, M6 etc. down the quarter mile against other top performance models of all the car makes. We have a factory stock and a modified class. Dial-in times on Saturday and one on Sunday. The quickest 8 of each class will run heads up on Sunday. This is a new race for NOPI and classes may evolve as interest and participation is gauged. The latest details will be up on NOPINATIONALS.com

And TNT...

FUCK NOPI..........

Certified Gearhead

Well strexth no offense man you really don't know me. I have been racing imports in ga since 2000. The green car isn't my first car that I built, after I started building this car and went way overboard I just had problems after problems with it and got tired of it. But that wasn't my 1st rodeo. I'll be back out racing very soon
    But there is Jullio Crx that runs lows 10s already, Greg Honda civic si that is one bad car and has every part you could imagine. Also Alfonso type r that has ran low 10s already. Couple other cars that I can't disclose since they are daily driven and owners prefer to not say who they are.
    Well no offense taken n I hope u didn't take offense to my staement either because it was directed to u personally. Ive seen pick ur car before n a small build thread but never saw the car. If ur doing big things like that with ur car that is great, I commend u. Midnight ATL is a business for me and morris, but my racecar is a hobby for me just like u. So u need to wipe the dust off that green bitch and bring it out and let's have some fun.lol. ur buddies too. Morris is right, up north, everybody race. Fast or slow.. that's wat ga needs ,fun. Event coordinators need to accomodate more people by having more classes for to run in.

Privateer Racing!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvpjdm View Post
    true, but then with that comment, he is now making himself not the subject from the original quote. lol people on here are notorious for changing some words around to fit themselves into the conversation.
    Bitch please!! I wasnt trying to fit myself into anything I was pointing out the fact of why racing has died down in Atlanta . I have nothing to prove to you or anyone and don't have to work myself in, just pointing out simple facts. But if u wanna take it another way! My car is done and hitting dyno next week put up or shut up in your our own car.

Certified Gearhead

Bitch please!! I wasnt trying to fit myself into anything I was pointing out the fact of why racing has died down in Atlanta . I have nothing to prove to you or anyone and don't have to work myself in, just pointing out simple facts. But if u wanna take it another way! My car is done and hitting dyno next week put up or shut up in your our own car.
    Ok calm down boys, play nice plz.........lol.......B18cturboed i see wat ur saying. Sooooooo u coming to the next event since u hitting the Dyno next week?????..........

Privateer Racing!!

Not sure yet we building a car for Texas mile right now and it's on that Saturday. So we might fly back after event and go to track on Sunday.anyway i can't run MS or fwd classes anymore.
    And I'm perfectly calm.

Certified Gearhead

Not sure yet we building a car for Texas mile right now and it's on that Saturday. So we might fly back after event and go to track on Sunday.anyway i can't run MS or fwd classes anymore.
    And I'm perfectly calm.
    Wat kinda car are u building for the Texas mile and why can't u run those classes anymore

Privateer Racing!!

[The Texas mile cars ain't mine. But it a twin turbo viper and gallardo each will put down well over 1500hp . As far as me I told you I was going Rwd now I parted out my old race motor and stuff already, I still have shell collecting dust for sale for any of you true racers . Haha

Certified Gearhead

[The Texas mile cars ain't mine. But it a twin turbo viper and gallardo each will put down well over 1500hp . As far as me I told you I was going Rwd now I parted out my old race motor and stuff already, I still have shell collecting dust for sale for any of you true racers . Haha
    See man u a sell out.....lol.... U sold out and went rwd........

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightAuto View Post
    There is only ONE solution the liven up the scene down here. More people need to come out. PERIOD. Doesnt matter if you have a slow car or a fast car. Cuz honestly the classes that are the most packed up north are the bracket classes. Full of 13-14 sec cars. But those are the spectators, the grass roots guy who brings his family out to watch the fast cars race and also races his beater for fun, or the younger kids with their friends racing their dailies. NO CROWD = NO REAL RACERS. If the crowd is there then the event organizers have more money to offer up to the racers as prize money. Ga needs to wake up and stop makin excuses and just go out and race regardless if you win or lose. Just go have fun.
    True and those young guys with 14 sec cars are the ones that have the fun and turn into potential future racers and competition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Someone start doing these...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast