Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: K series guys ( well mainly gregg lol)

Quote Originally Posted by boosted347 View Post
    I wouldnt go that far man, now is a high 12 sec honda gonna beat a stock mustang, camaro, etc yes is a high 12 sec honda gonna beat an equal valued "built" v8 no...this is comparing apples to oranges, 90% of honda guys (not saying specifically you) whine and bitch about v8s calling them out, when realistically most of the k swap hondas have more money in them the majority of v8 street cars, they always play the well its a 4 cylinder or its a stock k swap and so on and so forth, but its still, like you said, got alot of money in it. Hell until i upgraded my turbo my car didnt even have 6-8k in it...not that it matters but mod for mod v8s outperform i4s its the simple truth.
    I made a generic statement. Making 210-220whp in a 2000lb EG is about fast enough to outrun almost anything light to light. did i say it will beat every car? nope.

But g37s, STI, EVO, old men in C6 base models, c5 Z06, 03 Cobras, foxbodies, NSX, S2000, blah blah blah i would stack moselys car up agaisnt any of them if he were sitting at a stop light and one of those rolled up.

Now of course if someones modded AWD EVO rolls up making 500whp, obviously that is not the average car. But i can tell you that RARELY happens. MOST people that flex at a stoplight are average joes, not the seasoned track star.

Now as far as the v8 vs 4 cylinder.....2 totally different cars, and i wouldnt bitch if 1 called me out. I wouldnt race for money. but id race it.

Id bet most hondas have more money IN THEM when compared to the price of the car. I mean a C6 Z06 can have $10,000 in mods, but its a $50,000 car. A 92 civic is worth $1500, and most guys have prob at least $5000-6000 in them if they are any type of fast lol. thats well known.

To most people its an ego thing, they dont want to say "i have $12,000 in my EG, and it runs 12s" because id much rather have a $12000 C5 vette that runs 14s, than a 12000 Honda civic haha
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Those are all excessively overpriced cars....the only one worth the price is the supercharged one and it looks like hell....hell my car isnt that fast but if that one sells for 10k my car is worth about 30k...you can pick up a good HCI fox, its gonna be a hatch, for 4k.
    are they that cheap really? Fox bodys are like EG hatches now, so hard to find NOT beat up that they pull a high price if well taken care of. its almost to the point that stock ones are worth more than highly modded ones
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I made a generic statement. Making 210-220whp in a 2000lb EG is about fast enough to outrun almost anything light to light. did i say it will beat every car? nope.

But g37s, STI, EVO, old men in C6 base models, c5 Z06, 03 Cobras, foxbodies, NSX, S2000, blah blah blah i would stack moselys car up agaisnt any of them if he were sitting at a stop light and one of those rolled up.

Now of course if someones modded AWD EVO rolls up making 500whp, obviously that is not the average car. But i can tell you that RARELY happens. MOST people that flex at a stoplight are average joes, not the seasoned track star.

Now as far as the v8 vs 4 cylinder.....2 totally different cars, and i wouldnt bitch if 1 called me out. I wouldnt race for money. but id race it.

Id bet most hondas have more money IN THEM when compared to the price of the car. I mean a C6 Z06 can have $10,000 in mods, but its a $50,000 car. A 92 civic is worth $1500, and most guys have prob at least $5000-6000 in them if they are any type of fast lol. thats well known.

To most people its an ego thing, they dont want to say "i have $12,000 in my EG, and it runs 12s" because id much rather have a $12000 C5 vette that runs 14s, than a 12000 Honda civic haha
    Yea i feel ya, im just saying most people dont buy a g35 to go fast, and again you are comparing a $6000 swapped car that weighs 2400 lbs to a bonestock car (granted they may cost more but thats a different argument) if you add 6k to the c6, c5z, 03 cobra, etc it would be a different story, you cant get off comparing a stock car to a car that has $1000s in mods, regardless if its a stock motor swapped into another car...and again i didnt say you, moseley is good about running v8s to, bobby is the main culprit of this bitching and whining lol. And yea its always an ego thing if it relates to cars at all lol to each their own though i appreciate anything fast regardless of the badges on it or the number of cylinders
    1990 Mustang Coupe...turbo lq4 through the glide

are they that cheap really? Fox bodys are like EG hatches now, so hard to find NOT beat up that they pull a high price if well taken care of. its almost to the point that stock ones are worth more than highly modded ones
    Yea my friend sold his fox with a 306, Edelbrock intake, Aluminum SVO heads, so on and so forth ran high high 12s on drs for 5k and that was fresh paint, 5 lug conversion, and a hatch...the unmolested foxes are almost impossible to find lol but david would be the one to talk to about foxes since he has more experience with them, im an sn95 guy

My point is that MOST cars on the road arent modded. Most cars are stock, or lightly modded (exhaust, intake). So, if someone thinks a 12 second Honda is "SLOW" , all im saying is that there are FEW cars on the road that will beat it. Its fast enough to hang with any of the cars l listed. or scare them (IE be .5-1 car to their back bumper).
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Mike you can contact Madman7887 on k20a.org and he will sell you a k-pro for $800shipped all day long, not $1000. hell i got mine from him a WHILE ago for $650shipped cause i turned him onto another guy who wanted one. And u can get k24 blocks for $200-400 now. Hell my buddy lamar(91s13) got his whole k24a1 motor for $150!!. drop a $5-600(fully assembled) k20a2 head on there plus a $600 type s trans and there u go. for the motor and trans ur looking at $1600 AT THE MOST!, for lamar it would be $1250 at the MOST, then add $7-800 for k-pro! etc etc etc. I got brand new Hybrid mounts retailed at $500+shipping for $300shipped from P2R because they were getting rid of some stuff. You find deals like that ALL the time!

So please mike, stop telling these guys false information on the price of k series parts in 2011! I keep telling you this is NOT 2004 anymore where a k swap cost u $10k to put into a 92 eg hatch!
    EBTEC
    EMMINO BUILT
    Allmotor K EK Hatch Coming Soon.....

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

cant speak for the kids now, but i built a honda because i was sick of the mustang hipe.. when i came out people knew the car.. not much changed because my cars can run light to light against most any street cars.. been that way for years.. never cared for numbers, never cared to brag.. but since ia ive learn the forum crap, if you take my ego online to heart than i lol at you..

back on topic now

b series is the best bang for your buk..

end of story!!

there is something to be said for driving a econobox CRX with a 9500RPM rev limiter, with no AC and PS. I would never drive it everyday, but its a totally different experience.
    You just made the argument for getting a bike instead.

Has the same lack of creature comforts, has the same 4cyl (but makes less power), you cut weight in the Civic to try to get down towards the weight of a bike, the bike revs higher, and the bike is more reliable, and the bike gets better gas mileage.
    Take an old CRR929 - fits the above. Don't launch it at the track, shift early and smooth, and you will still run low 11s - faster than a 12.9 sec Civic by far.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

i dont know where you find your foxbodys from but anything worth its salt is $7000+ and then some.

I mean theres good deals out there, and im sure with nitrous youll prob pull decent times. But i dont know if i want to own a seriously 20 year old FORD and try to make it fast for CHEAP :P
    Mine was 38K miles, supercharged, and was only $6K.
    I see them all the time.

I know of an almost completely stock foxbody coupe that runs 11.6 on spray and slicks. Everything is stock but the tires and torque convertor, and he has less than $3000 in his whole setup. Car is cleaner than 95% of the hatches that you see run high 12s.

Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
    b series is the best bang for your buk..

end of story!!
    Bikes are the best bang for your buck. True end of story.

This thread is funny

seems like everyone has valid points... kudos to h22_jones for stirring shit up enough to create a 5 page thread in less than 1 day

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley View Post
    This thread is funny

seems like everyone has valid points... kudos to h22_jones for stirring shit up enough to create a 5 page thread in less than 1 day
    This and for a change its not a my car is this fast its actual car talk.......whats happening to the kills forum

fuck a bike, i can ride 4 deep in my turd, a/c is an option, but p/s was not..

No ps...not a street car you can fit 4 on a bike.... build a custom side cart lol

We can ride 4 deep, you ain't got nothing on bikes!

No ps...not a street car you can fit 4 on a bike.... build a custom side cart lol
    No need to....

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    We can ride 4 deep, you ain't got nothing on bikes!

No need to....

Lulz

thats a funny pic, new way to car pool, and also save the planet..

on a side note, do we even have a k series that will compete in Nov?

moseley im sure

im not worried about him, slick for slicks be a good run, but anyone else? LOL

me, im bringing my k swapped mustang down since k is the way

me, im bringing my k swapped mustang down since k is the way
    Me too. I have a K-swp under my hood, but i can't open the hood because my hood latch is broken. I have a gear drive also on the car. I know that it sounds like it has a supercharger, but that's really just a gear drive. Can I run in the all motor class with you?

You just made the argument for getting a bike instead.

Has the same lack of creature comforts, has the same 4cyl (but makes less power), you cut weight in the Civic to try to get down towards the weight of a bike, the bike revs higher, and the bike is more reliable, and the bike gets better gas mileage.
    Take an old CRR929 - fits the above. Don't launch it at the track, shift early and smooth, and you will still run low 11s - faster than a 12.9 sec Civic by far.
    youre not arguing with me haha

but you cant compare a bike to a car. I love my 600 GSXR, fastest thing ive ever owned
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Me too. I have a K-swp under my hood, but i can't open the hood because my hood latch is broken. I have a gear drive also on the car. I know that it sounds like it has a supercharger, but that's really just a gear drive. Can I run in the all motor class with you?
    Yea but im runnin all motor pro cause i need slicks to hook with all my tq i wish they would let me compete in rwd on a serious note...thats the only thing i hate about these showdown events, they are afraid to let v8s run with the "imports", yes i understand my car is not an import but they dont let import v8s compete either...go to a different say MCE track day and the imports can compete...no fair

You should come regardless, run TnT....

You should come regardless, run TnT....
    O i am lol i get to be on slicks in that to...then gonna sell the car lol gotta get into something faster...something that gets in the 12s

Quote Originally Posted by 112480 View Post
    Mike you can contact Madman7887 on k20a.org and he will sell you a k-pro for $800shipped all day long, not $1000. hell i got mine from him a WHILE ago for $650shipped cause i turned him onto another guy who wanted one. And u can get k24 blocks for $200-400 now. Hell my buddy lamar(91s13) got his whole k24a1 motor for $150!!. drop a $5-600(fully assembled) k20a2 head on there plus a $600 type s trans and there u go. for the motor and trans ur looking at $1600 AT THE MOST!, for lamar it would be $1250 at the MOST, then add $7-800 for k-pro! etc etc etc. I got brand new Hybrid mounts retailed at $500+shipping for $300shipped from P2R because they were getting rid of some stuff. You find deals like that ALL the time!
    you just dont understand. Just because you have the time to browse the forum and find deals of the year is a moot point. You forget i had a K Series car, and i have infinite hook ups when it comes to parts, and its not anywhere near as cheap as you say it is.

A K SERIES WILL COST THE AVERAGE CONSUMER FAR MORE and you are acting like all a k20 needs is mounts and install. youre missing about 90% of the other stuff to swap it in and you know it.

K20A2 Swap from reputable seller $4000 PLUS SHIPPING
    http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30015

$800 for KPRO if you have the OEM ecu, if not, $1000+

Mount kit-$400-500

Shifter box for EG $120-130

Shifter kit-$120-130

Adapter engine harness -$400-500

Return fuel system (rail, fittings, etc)-$200-400

karcepts AC and PS removal kit if you want to close your hood-$200
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/2606258...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

Hybrid racing clutch line, fan switch, axles, inline fuel filter etc- $500

youre forgetting about the aftermarket radiator you have to have because you cant run a stock radiator with a K Series $200-300, the thermostat housing, the axles, the swap header cause stock wont work, slim fan, etc etc etc etc etc

So i really dont care what you CLAIM, its far more expensive than what you THINK it costs. And i guarantee if you add everything youve spent up it totals out far more than you think.

Here, compare.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/tech/k-...ap-parts-list/

So it may not cost $8000 or 7k or 10, but its far more than $2000-3000 like you are acting. And if you somehow pieced together a k24 built motor with valvetrain , cams, rods, pistons, machine work, bearings, header, intake manny, tb, trans, clutch, flywheel, kpro for some magical low number....you cant recommend that to people. Because you got 1 off deals that wont always be there. just cause YOU got a DEAL doesnt mean everyone else can too.

So please mike, stop telling these guys false information on the price of k series parts in 2011! I keep telling you this is NOT 2004 anymore where a k swap cost u $10k to put into a 92 eg hatch!
    never said 10k, i said $6000-8000, which i stick by
    -www.usedbarcode.net

O i am lol i get to be on slicks in that to...then gonna sell the car lol gotta get into something faster...something that gets in the 12s
    I got just the car for you!! :boobies:

you just dont understand. Just because you have the time to browse the forum and find deals of the year is a moot point. You forget i had a K Series car, and i have infinite hook ups when it comes to parts, and its not anywhere near as cheap as you say it is.

A K SERIES WILL COST THE AVERAGE CONSUMER FAR MORE and you are acting like all a k20 needs is mounts and install. youre missing about 90% of the other stuff to swap it in and you know it.

Mount kit-$400-500

Shifter kit-$120-130

youre forgetting about the aftermarket radiator you have to have because you cant run a stock radiator with a K Series $200-300, the thermostat housing, the axles, the swap header cause stock wont work, slim fan, etc etc etc etc etc

So i really dont care what you CLAIM, its far more expensive than what you THINK it costs. And i guarantee if you add everything youve spent up it totals out far more than you think.

Here, compare.

So it may not cost $8000 or 7k or 10, but its far more than $2000-3000 like you are acting. And if you somehow pieced together a k24 built motor with valvetrain , cams, rods, pistons, machine work, bearings, header, intake manny, tb, trans, clutch, flywheel, kpro for some magical low number....you cant recommend that to people. Because you got 1 off deals that wont always be there. just cause YOU got a DEAL doesnt mean everyone else can too.

OUCH... I was gonna say He missed out alot of parts... .HAHA

its gregg he doesnt want to say he has $10,000 in a car that possibly could get beat by a less powerful and costly car.

I mean he isnt even factoring in his chassis which has carbon fiber tail gate, hood, wheels, coilovers, exhaust, suspension pieces, duckbill etc.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Mount kit-$400-500

Shifter kit-$120-130

Here, compare.

you dont "need" an aftermarket radiator i believe karcepts has a kit where you can just mount your half sized radiator on the other side. K is more expensive but ALL MOTOR it dominates B and H. fastest h2b on the east coast is randy running 10.5 in a street car he is out of MD while all the K cars in his class are running 10.2-10.3's. K series is just a superior motor when it comes to all motor but you have to pay to play. mosley and some other guy (srry cant remember your screen name lol) stated it earlier which is if these h2b's and B's around here would go up north they would get devoured by K's which is true.
    99 Integra LS Turbo on 9lbs 256whp/225tq--SOLD
    92 EG hatch Built N/A GSR 229whp/134tq--MOTOR SOLD
    BUILT N/A k24/20 EG hatch coming to a street near you!!!...2012

SOUTHERN SPEED

I figured it up we have 6,000 in my dads car thats swap car and all. Gregg i have also drove to many track events swapped slicks raced and drove home. That motor was build going on four years ago , over 30,000 miles and has had three different heads with two different sets of cams ( making more power each time). It still pulls the same vacuum as it did the day it was built so dont preach to me about dependability . I like mosely car and i take nothing away from it but i promise you it is no more dependable then mine . Hell i just drove it 2.5 hours put it on the dyno and turned around and drove it home . Stop hanging on moselys k series nuts and prove something yourself . Mosely has ran a 12.2 in the quarter while ive ran a 12.3 . The difference i bet money my car weighs at least 300 pounds more then his if not 400. Mosely it weighs 2,480 pounds with me in it if you want to compare lol.

David thats right i dont stripp my cars and its not a price you have to pay just most do . Sure the si would go faster 300 pounds lighter but then again it would go faster with a h2b kit .

Mosely dont chime in you done gave away the answer but im sure he still want get . Gregg if you can tell me the one reason ( and yes there is only one reason ) the k series will dominate when taken to a certain level ill give you one rep. My bet is you dont even know why your motor is superior lol.

Gregg since you posted it show me this trail of k series street cars (all motor) that run nines and drive home ? Dont happen only in your dreams . The damn pepsie car is running the fastest times in the street car class and its a sponsered car made for the track . If has broke nines its barely and last time i checked it hasnt. I try to teach you something but you stay in your 400hp k series dream world lmao. The simple fact is at our level of racing even the b series can compete because nobody has taken it to another level and that has been proven by disko monkey . Now he can only get so light and only rev so high . Id love to see that car make a high ten second pass but i dont see and i also dont see it staying together. You just cant rev a motor to 10,000 and drive it everyday it will not stay together not even the almighty k.

Honestly there is no more money in my new motor as the motor in my dads si hatch just a different combination of parts. Lets see crower h23 rods cost the same as crower f23 rods but i got more stroke . Hell you can actually get pro 3 cams cheaper then pro 2 cams like i said motors cost the same thing just different combination of parts.

For mike well i got a 4.9 diff ,with a b16 1st 2nd and 3rd gear ,gsr 4 ,ls 5 lol all carbon syncros with lsd. I got a tranny for your ass hell i built my tranny for i ever bought parts for my motor lol.

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

SOUTHERN SPEED

david i build hondas for one reason because thats what i work on and i run across parts for nothing and i mean nothing . If it wasnt for that i wouldnt build a car at all . hell when i say we got 6,000 in my dads whole car thats just putting a cash figure on it . After trading and swapping ive actually made money off that car and have it for free but like mike said im trying to put a reality figure on it . There is no way no matter what gregg says that he has less then 10,000 in his car and id beat more like 15,000. If the parts wasnt exspensive enough dropping it off at a shop and paying to have the motor built and installed im sure ends up between 2,000-3,000 not that i own a shop or anything .

SOUTHERN SPEED

Kills forum is dead as hell and i get a 5 page thread going in one day with no reps lol. Were is my rep gregg you know you love me lol.

Mike if i didnt have so damn many performance parts laying around my dad has been begging me to see how much we can make on a stock h23 motor. I think all stock internals including stock cams i cna make 250 not saying why but it can be done with ease.

Mosely your right stock to stock a k motor will handle alot more then a h series ,the pistons suck . We did spray a 75 shot on one for a couple years running 12.7 and stayed together fine . If i was in your shoes hell i would be k to but im not so i have to do what i do lol. I dont have the time or the cash gregg has obviously.

holy fuck if these cars running 12s have 15k in im def never doing a k swap lol...no offense to moseley a 12.2 in an na 4 cylinder is very impressive but damn i dont have but maybe and thats a big maybe 15k in my cars build lol...im not 100% on what my car runs on slicks yet but ill find out soon maybe one day ill make it up that way and get some runs in with moseley, and maybe greg if he is around

Well i hope this lights A fire under someones ass to bring a K series out, to not only run some 11 passes, but also win the event in Nov. Still more than enough time, until then a B series will keep on winning!!

SOUTHERN SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by k_killaGSR View Post
    agree with 99% of this. only thing i dont agree on is you dont "need" an aftermarket radiator i believe karcepts has a kit where you can just mount your half sized radiator on the other side. K is more expensive but ALL MOTOR it dominates B and H. fastest h2b on the east coast is randy running 10.5 in a street car he is out of MD while all the K cars in his class are running 10.2-10.3's. K series is just a superior motor when it comes to all motor but you have to pay to play. mosley and some other guy (srry cant remember your screen name lol) stated if these h2b's and B's around here would go up north they would get devoured by K's.
    Ther agian you are talking about a whole different class of racing . Not to mention you have 50 people building the all motor k and only running two tenths faster then the only fucking person that races a hatch . Have you ever thought of it that way . Hmmm i wonder how fast the h would be if there was fifty people building them . We want know because people are scared to think out side the box and when they spend that kind of money they want to start with the best oppurtuntiy to start off with . My beat is rany goes k or gets out of it all together . I think its funny that ks are dominating because they are running two tenths faster then the only damn h series built lmao . Dont get me wrong for that money at that point i would go k to but for one reason which i cant say till i prove that gregg dont know.

Simple fact a motor is nothing but a air pump yes some heads flow better stock but once you start building them there is only one factor that the h will never be able to over come when it comes to the k series gregg tell me what is .

SOUTHERN SPEED

holy fuck if these cars running 12s have 15k in im def never doing a k swap lol...no offense to moseley a 12.2 in an na 4 cylinder is very impressive but damn i dont have but maybe and thats a big maybe 15k in my cars build lol...im not 100% on what my car runs on slicks yet but ill find out soon maybe one day ill make it up that way and get some runs in with moseley, and maybe greg if he is around
    Ive never said it was cheap to build a honda lol. Ive said its cheaper for me to build a h series lol. On a side note all this talk about threwing 6,000 in a mustange and runnning 10s,or 11s im sorry but i have to agree with mosely thats bull shit . Ive been around and i can name three people that i know that can build a cheap fast mustange everybody else threws alot of money to run 13s at best and think there fast thats just how it is. Hell i remeber the last time i went to the track . I lined up beside a notch back with a cage ,big ass slicks ,purging the gas ,wearing helmet . Man this thing has a perfect paint job guages every were . Honestly i was thinking shit why did i line up next to him then he backed up didnt wanna race and the guy telling us to go started teasing him (whats wrong you scared of a four cylinder lol). I was like shit just shut up man this car is going to kill me . He pulled on up but not wanting to . I cut a good light ran a 12.4 i think to his 12.7 . That was a trailered in strait race car . Yes a joke i know but there are alot of choustons out sorry but its true.

If 10 second mustang's were $6000 everyone would have one
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    Ive never said it was cheap to build a honda lol. Ive said its cheaper for me to build a h series lol. On a side note all this talk about threwing 6,000 in a mustange and runnning 10s,or 11s im sorry but i have to agree with mosely thats bull shit . Ive been around and i can name three people that i know that can build a cheap fast mustange everybody else threws alot of money to run 13s at best and think there fast thats just how it is. Hell i remeber the last time i went to the track . I lined up beside a notch back with a cage ,big ass slicks ,purging the gas ,wearing helmet . Man this thing has a perfect paint job guages every were . Honestly i was thinking shit why did i line up next to him then he backed up didnt wanna race and the guy telling us to go started teasing him (whats wrong you scared of a four cylinder lol). I was like shit just shut up man this car is going to kill me . He pulled on up but not wanting to . I cut a good light ran a 12.4 i think to his 12.7 . That was a trailered in strait race car . Yes a joke i know but there are alot of choustons out sorry but its true.
    I could throw up a list of my build and costs, i get free labor being my parents own a shop...but a rough guesstimate would be i have 18-20ik in the whole car (thats including the running car when i got it)...i weigh 4000 lbs and still went 12.2 at 126 with a 2.4 60' on drag radials, thats on stock suspension, full weight, no burnout...ill be going on slicks this fall and aiming to match my trap speed with an equal et drop my setup in a fox which would knock about 2-3k off the cost of the car and its a 11.5 car on drs all day no problem. A fox weighs about 800 lbs less than my convertible so thats almost a full second if you get traction and you can def get a fox into the 11s for 6k heres how
    Fox Shell- $2000 for a nice one lol
    302 short block- $600 brand new
    TFS top end kit- $2500
    Nitrous Kit- $500
    Slicks- $500
    Of course you could go the used route and do it cheaper, its very doable

You can get a foxbody shell for a grand all day long of CL, usually even lower.
    You can buy a used forged 408w (351w block bored up to a 408) for around $3k used all day long. Put a good carb w/intake on it for $500. Add 28" slicks and 4:10s, and a used built C4 (about $1K) with tranny swap parts and converter. That's $6K and will run 10's all day long all motor, and be reliable.
    Build a nice nitrous kit with fuel supply for less than $1K more, and you can go 9's. It's been done plenty of times. Not that is a car without AC, PS, etc, and not a daily driver, but very doable.
    You can find all of this on Corral any day of the week.

Shell - 1000 or less
    used 408 - 3000 or less
    used C4 swap - 1000
    used 28x10.5 slicks - 150
    used rear draglights - 300
    4.10 gear swap - 250
    carb and intake - 500
    That's 6300 for an all motor 10 sec foxbody. The 351 block is good for 750rwhp easily, and can make 500rwhp all motor in a 408 with no trouble. 250 shot is no big deal to it. Theres a forged 408 for sale for $3000 in Warner Robins right now on CL, and plenty of chassis.

Or you can buy the roller in AL that has everything already , but a bad motor. He is asking 5500, but offer 4500 and he'll probably take it. Then buy a used 302. Last one I bought was less than 500, and ran perfectly. If you get the car cheap, you could even spend a little more on a bigger bored 8.2 deck motor.

If you want a 6000 foxbody that runs 10s, you can certainly do it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast