Thread: The Turbo School is coming to Macon

Default The Turbo School is coming to Macon

I wanted to invite all the guys in the KF to attend The Turbo School coming to our shop in November.

http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253749

It's your chance to pick the brains, learn from, and get advice from two of the biggest names in the racing industry.

Instructors are Dan Portera, formerly of Bullseye Power, who has spent the last 15 years in the turbo industry, most specifically in design and manufacturing the last 12 years and Dave Zientara who has 28 years of experience in chassis building and suspension work and has worked with some of the biggest names in the motorsports industry in drag racing, irl, etc.

The Turbo School is a 2 day class focused on making power and putting it to the ground.

Cost for the 2 day class is $295, Pre registration to reserve your spot, as spots are limited, is $150 and the rest due the first day of class.

Pm me or post up if you're interested or need more info!
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Dave is an awesome chassis guy and has a large amount of experience in drag racing. Dan is really knowledgeable about tuning and can teach a lot about how to make power. So with both of them you can learn how to make power and put it to the ground.

JJSPEC RACING - Central Ga's source for performance parts,
    fabrication, tuning, general repair and a whole lot more! 478 621 5000

sounds good

AKA HIZDAWAY

i guess everyone in here already knows everything...
    -2001 Lexus IS300

I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Southern Speed

Duh, you didnt know?
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Is not a male

Yeahh, DUHHH. Joey taught us all.

So tell me how to read a compressor map.

Is not a male

Quote Originally Posted by jjmastertech View Post
    So tell me how to read a compressor map.

http://www.enginelogics.com/cmaps.html

EASY!

sounds like a good way to learn some new tricks for going faster
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by Kourt View Post
    Nice! Good find!

Too bad Bullseye has one of the worst reputations in the turbo industry. Exhaust housing are junk and the internal wastegates seal right on maybe 20% of them. Horrible in the DSM community. The other guy I'm not sure about.

What does where the guy used to work at have anything to do with the class or the chance to learn from people who know what they're talking about? absolutely nothing....

I can't speak for any of your claims....we haven't used any of there internally wastegated turbos, we make big power and therefore must use external stuff, and all the turbos we've had have served very well....9.2@158mph is not too shabby for stuff you call junk.....i have 3 of them sitting at the shop right now waiting to go on customers cars, all of which will make more power than anything you've ever owned, and countless other cars running around with them on their cars problem free for thousands of miles.

I know what their stuff is capable of because i see it first hand, not just hear-say from internet forums.....so with that said none if this really matters and i invite you to come out and learn something from an actual person, not just browsing dsm websites...
    -2001 Lexus IS300

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Goat View Post
    What does where the guy used to work at have anything to do with the class or the chance to learn from people who know what they're talking about? absolutely nothing....
    Maybe you don't want to learn from people that sell junk.

I have had a stainless bulleye exhaust housing on a 50 trim that looked like it was milled by Michael J Fox. Ordered another one and the center catridge section was STILL out of round. I think they have crappy products so I went with PTE and haven't looked back. Tons of other people agree.

I'm not just browsing dsm forums, I was one of the people that had garbage from them 4-5 years ago.

I can't speak for any of your claims....we haven't used any of there internally wastegated turbos, we make big power and therefore must use external
    You said the guy worked in design and manufacturing...seems like those two areas may have had something to do with the issues being claimed if they are true. That might mean something. I don't know anything about him or bullseye though, just pointing something out.

However, who the hell said you can't make big power unless you go external? That's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    You said the guy worked in design and manufacturing...seems like those two areas may have had something to do with the issues being claimed if they are true. That might mean something. I don't know anything about him or bullseye though, just pointing something out.

However, who the hell said you can't make big power unless you go external? That's just silly.
    valid points....but the guy bought a bad turbo 5 years ago and that is what he is basing his claims off of....give me a break....thats like saying i bought a dozen eggs from kroger and one was broken when i bought them so every egg they sale from that point on must be broken

and come race me in your internal wastegate turd....i got something for you...
    -2001 Lexus IS300

valid points....but the guy bought a bad turbo 5 years ago and that is what he is basing his claims off of....give me a break....thats like saying i bought a dozen eggs from kroger and one was broken when i bought them so every egg they sale from that point on must be broken

and come race me in your internal wastegate turd....i got something for you...

Not really. If there's a broken egg in a Kroger carton, there are a multitude of things that could have caused it. Could have gotten cracked while packaging, shipping, shelving, or from another customer after it was already in the store. Kroger does not "build" the egg, they just put the package on the shelves and sell it.

This guy is claiming that the product he paid for was not properly BUILT. So he sent it back, and got ANOTHER one that was not built correctly.

He has a very valid argument for not having confidence in the company.

2006 Corvette Z06
    2" Stainless Works LT Headers
    Random Technologies 3" X-pipe, with high flow polished cats
    Callaway "Honker" cold air intake
    Ported throttle body and intake
    Custom dyno tune by MTI Racing Atlanta
    496rwhp/478tq

Quote Originally Posted by Lankhoss View Post
    Not really. If there's a broken egg in a Kroger carton, there are a multitude of things that could have caused it. Could have gotten cracked while packaging, shipping, shelving, or from another customer after it was already in the store. Kroger does not "build" the egg, they just put the package on the shelves and sell it.

This guy is claiming that the product he paid for was not properly BUILT. So he sent it back, and got ANOTHER one that was not built correctly.

He has a very valid argument for not having confidence in the company.
    Thats all good...but I think after 5 years of R&D a product becomes better. Thats like saying, after 5 years of being an automotive technician, I have learned nothing new, have the same tools, and dont give a damn. We have 4 Bulleye power turbos in the shop right now, and I see nothing wrong with any of them. Flawless machine work... and the customers are very happy with them.
    500whp of spinnin fury!!!

you can't fix stupid....all i'll say on this argument is that we recommend bullseye to everyone who comes through our doors because we have real world experience with them. like QWK said, the hotrod was bullseye powered and was a consistent 9 second car. we are building an evo and a civic that will be bullseye powered and expecting 650+ from both cars, nicks prelude is bulllseye powered and we are thinking it will be in the 900hp range when it returns to the dyno on monday and countless others that we have sold separate from builds for people doing their own thing that are making insane numbers with drivability and reliability

we don't base anything we do off of what people say on an internet forum or one bad experience....bottom line is these two guys know what they are talking about, no matter who they worked for it doesn't change the knowledge that they have and can offer, which from the looks of these averagely fast cars in the kf these days some of you could use some of this knowledge.....

last thing i'll say is don't base your decision on whether or not you attend the class on what someone with no real world experience says, rather take the word from us or the people at T1, NRG Tech, or Central Florida Turbo.....you know.....people with real world experience and not hearsay bullshit because their tampons full over a bad experience
    -2001 Lexus IS300

we don't base anything we do off of what people say on an internet forum or one bad experience
    It wasn't just me it was hundreds of people for years. Maybe they have gotten better.

still goin on???

AKA HIZDAWAY