PDA

View Full Version : Wow crazy little story about a guys bank account!

Greddypacked
04-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Story hither: http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/109237/if-you-were-billionaire-for-five-hours

nreggie454
04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Links are lame.

When Paul Fischer checked his bank account Friday night, he had a happy surprise. His balance had exploded to $88,888,888,888.88. A very lucky number indeed, and close to $89 billion.

Of course, the balance was a technical error by SunTrust Bank (NYSE: STI - News), which quickly fixed the problem. It also may have occurred in other accounts.

"You say, 'Eighty-eight billion, what can I do with that?'" said Mr. Fischer, who owns a jewelry concessionaire for Florida theme parks. "Maybe a handful of us could have brought down SunTrust Bank."

Mr. Fischer had other ideas as well. Before the problem was fixed, he asked a SunTrust rep if he could move the money to an interest-bearing account until it was reclaimed and donate the interest to charity. Total interest: more than $7.3 million.

The bank said no.

The money was stripped out of his account by Saturday morning.

"It's all gone. I'm poor again," he said. "I was a billionaire for five hours."

This kind of bank error happens frequently. But Mr. Fischer raises an interesting question: What if, for five hours, you truly did have $89 billion?

What would you do with the money? The ground rules are that you would have to give the money back — and whatever you bought or invested with it — after five hours.

Elbow
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Shit, I can't think of anything if I'd have to give it all back. LOL Nothing that'd be that fun anyways.

KodyH
04-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Shit, I can't think of anything if I'd have to give it all back. LOL Nothing that'd be that fun anyways.

Hire every illegal in America, give them a gun and them take over? You'd win and get to keep the monies...

§treet_§peed
04-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Not your fault the bank can't keep their shit straight. I'd say fuck 'em and burn as much as possible. Cherokee bound since its only about 2 hours away from me.

Elbow
04-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Not your fault the bank can't keep their shit straight. I'd say fuck 'em and burn as much as possible. Cherokee bound since its only about 2 hours away from me.

True. I would sue them with their own money. Give it back, then take it back when I won.

blaknoize
04-01-2010, 08:40 PM
True. I would sue them with their own money. Give it back, then take it back when I won.

They'd neg rep u so many times...

Greddypacked
04-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Just transfer about 50 million to a bank account in another country and live there. They cant do anything about it when it's in another countries bank account lol.

The Creeper
04-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Hire every illegal in America, give them a gun and them take over? You'd win and get to keep the monies...

They wouldn't have a chance in hell to take over. Dumbest thing posted all day.

DVSRX-7
04-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Just transfer about 50 million to a bank account in another country and live there. They cant do anything about it when it's in another countries bank account lol.

So true. I don't know what that dumb ass was thinking.
Shit I would have called Scarface (Tony M.) himself to come pick that shit up.

Mantooth
04-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I would have contacted my lawyer to see if I was legally able to transfer a certain percentage to a savings account to gain interest. Technically, it never was his money, so it probably wouldn't be legally justified. However, good lawyers are Gods amongst men when it comes to fucking or unfucking someone.

Got Milk?
04-02-2010, 04:48 PM

So I guess you never tranfered money before. 5 Hours is not enough time to clear 50 million lol.

Greddypacked
04-02-2010, 05:05 PM
So I guess you never tranfered money before. 5 Hours is not enough time to clear 50 million lol.

Hmmmm Have you ever transfered 50 million?

Im not talking about money out of your little college account to your bank account I know that can take time.... Im not sure about 50 million for as I dont have 50 mill, but alot of wired transfers when it is your money IN YOUR ACCOUNT CAN TAKE 15 MINUTES to an hour if it is your MONEY and you have another account already open, plus they do it correctly the first time w/ the numbers and accounts. Now if they make a mistake in numbers yes it can take up to days. The question is on you.

Mantooth
04-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Hmmmm Have you ever transfered 50 million?

Im not talking about money out of your little college account to your bank account I know that can take time.... Im not sure about 50 million for as I dont have 50 mill, but alot of wired transfers when it is your money IN YOUR ACCOUNT CAN TAKE 15 MINUTES to an hour if it is your MONEY and you have another account already open, plus they do it correctly the first time w/ the numbers and accounts. Now if they make a mistake in numbers yes it can take up to days. The question is on you.I've wired $5100 before and it took a few days. 5 hours for $50m is ludicrous.

Got Milk?
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I've wired $5100 before and it took a few days. 5 hours for $50m is ludicrous.

Don't even pay attention to him, he doesn't know shit about transferring big amounts. And what college money, why show ignorance? You don't even know me, yet to know I go to college. And just to add more to this thread. I transferred anywhere from 100 dollars to 10,000.00 USD to different countries and different accounts. It takes few days for it to clear up. Just like when you deposit your check, you don't get your money till the checks clears.