Thread: Wow crazy little story about a guys bank account!

Default Wow crazy little story about a guys bank account!

Links are lame.
    When Paul Fischer checked his bank account Friday night, he had a happy surprise. His balance had exploded to $88,888,888,888.88. A very lucky number indeed, and close to $89 billion.

Of course, the balance was a technical error by SunTrust Bank (NYSE: STI - News), which quickly fixed the problem. It also may have occurred in other accounts.

"You say, 'Eighty-eight billion, what can I do with that?'" said Mr. Fischer, who owns a jewelry concessionaire for Florida theme parks. "Maybe a handful of us could have brought down SunTrust Bank."

Mr. Fischer had other ideas as well. Before the problem was fixed, he asked a SunTrust rep if he could move the money to an interest-bearing account until it was reclaimed and donate the interest to charity. Total interest: more than $7.3 million.

The bank said no.

The money was stripped out of his account by Saturday morning.

"It's all gone. I'm poor again," he said. "I was a billionaire for five hours."

This kind of bank error happens frequently. But Mr. Fischer raises an interesting question: What if, for five hours, you truly did have $89 billion?

What would you do with the money? The ground rules are that you would have to give the money back — and whatever you bought or invested with it — after five hours.
    UGA: Everybody is laughing at us this year.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Shit, I can't think of anything if I'd have to give it all back. LOL Nothing that'd be that fun anyways.

[DIRT] SNOW TARMAC

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Shit, I can't think of anything if I'd have to give it all back. LOL Nothing that'd be that fun anyways.
    Hire every illegal in America, give them a gun and them take over? You'd win and get to keep the monies...

Not your fault the bank can't keep their shit straight. I'd say fuck 'em and burn as much as possible. Cherokee bound since its only about 2 hours away from me.
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by §treet_§peed View Post
    Not your fault the bank can't keep their shit straight. I'd say fuck 'em and burn as much as possible. Cherokee bound since its only about 2 hours away from me.
    True. I would sue them with their own money. Give it back, then take it back when I won.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    True. I would sue them with their own money. Give it back, then take it back when I won.
    They'd neg rep u so many times...

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

Just transfer about 50 million to a bank account in another country and live there. They cant do anything about it when it's in another countries bank account lol.

IA's Pervert

Quote Originally Posted by KodyH View Post
    Hire every illegal in America, give them a gun and them take over? You'd win and get to keep the monies...
    They wouldn't have a chance in hell to take over. Dumbest thing posted all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greddypacked View Post
    Just transfer about 50 million to a bank account in another country and live there. They cant do anything about it when it's in another countries bank account lol.
    So true. I don't know what that dumb ass was thinking.
    Shit I would have called Scarface (Tony M.) himself to come pick that shit up.
    Peek-a-boo mofucka what now?!

I would have contacted my lawyer to see if I was legally able to transfer a certain percentage to a savings account to gain interest. Technically, it never was his money, so it probably wouldn't be legally justified. However, good lawyers are Gods amongst men when it comes to fucking or unfucking someone.
    Your sig gave me a seizure.

- IA Management

www.facebook.com/wes.monteith

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" -Mike Tyson

So I guess you never tranfered money before. 5 Hours is not enough time to clear 50 million lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Milk? View Post
    So I guess you never tranfered money before. 5 Hours is not enough time to clear 50 million lol.
    Hmmmm Have you ever transfered 50 million?

Im not talking about money out of your little college account to your bank account I know that can take time.... Im not sure about 50 million for as I dont have 50 mill, but alot of wired transfers when it is your money IN YOUR ACCOUNT CAN TAKE 15 MINUTES to an hour if it is your MONEY and you have another account already open, plus they do it correctly the first time w/ the numbers and accounts. Now if they make a mistake in numbers yes it can take up to days. The question is on you.

Hmmmm Have you ever transfered 50 million?

Im not talking about money out of your little college account to your bank account I know that can take time.... Im not sure about 50 million for as I dont have 50 mill, but alot of wired transfers when it is your money IN YOUR ACCOUNT CAN TAKE 15 MINUTES to an hour if it is your MONEY and you have another account already open, plus they do it correctly the first time w/ the numbers and accounts. Now if they make a mistake in numbers yes it can take up to days. The question is on you.
    I've wired $5100 before and it took a few days. 5 hours for $50m is ludicrous.
    Your sig gave me a seizure.

- IA Management

www.facebook.com/wes.monteith

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" -Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
    I've wired $5100 before and it took a few days. 5 hours for $50m is ludicrous.
    Don't even pay attention to him, he doesn't know shit about transferring big amounts. And what college money, why show ignorance? You don't even know me, yet to know I go to college. And just to add more to this thread. I transferred anywhere from 100 dollars to 10,000.00 USD to different countries and different accounts. It takes few days for it to clear up. Just like when you deposit your check, you don't get your money till the checks clears.