PDA

View Full Version : my year and a half job search has finally ended

buffdaddy18
01-19-2010, 01:30 PM
got offered a sales associate job with Firestone Car Care Center in Charlotte. Will start out with that, and should be able to move into a manager position in a year or so. Been job searching since I graduated college in summer of 08 and have been bartending/serving, and even sold cars for a month. Glad to finally have something that will be a steady paycheck with a stable company.

umairejaz
01-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Thats good to hear. What was your major? Where and how many years did you school? Was it that hard to land a job?

JDMbabe
01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
congrats man!

buffdaddy18
01-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Thats good to hear. What was your major? Where and how many years did you school? Was it that hard to land a job?

majored in Public Relations, went to Ga Southern for 4 years. There have been jobs out there I could have done, like telemarketing, and shit like that, but I did a job like that for 2 weeks and it was miserable. I sold cars for a month, and the owner was a dickhead, and couldn't stand the managers, so that was miserable. I've been a bit picky, so that's why it took a bit longer. I wouldn't take just any job. But finding good jobs has been extremely tough.

98blackcivic
01-19-2010, 03:04 PM
why public relations?