Thread: my year and a half job search has finally ended

Banned

Default my year and a half job search has finally ended

got offered a sales associate job with Firestone Car Care Center in Charlotte. Will start out with that, and should be able to move into a manager position in a year or so. Been job searching since I graduated college in summer of 08 and have been bartending/serving, and even sold cars for a month. Glad to finally have something that will be a steady paycheck with a stable company.
    nemesis950psi 1:47 pm : but id hit a tree with a hole if i was single

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

Thats good to hear. What was your major? Where and how many years did you school? Was it that hard to land a job?

Learning everyday.

congrats man!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by umairejaz View Post
    Thats good to hear. What was your major? Where and how many years did you school? Was it that hard to land a job?

majored in Public Relations, went to Ga Southern for 4 years. There have been jobs out there I could have done, like telemarketing, and shit like that, but I did a job like that for 2 weeks and it was miserable. I sold cars for a month, and the owner was a dickhead, and couldn't stand the managers, so that was miserable. I've been a bit picky, so that's why it took a bit longer. I wouldn't take just any job. But finding good jobs has been extremely tough.
    nemesis950psi 1:47 pm : but id hit a tree with a hole if i was single

why public relations?