PDA

View Full Version : d16z6 to b18b questions

wahvtec
01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
I've been doin some reading on swapping my d16z6 to a b18b ls. My front crank seals been replaced multiple times by the previous owner and needs replacement again and it just has uber mileage. From my understanding as long as its an obd1 ls it should be plug in play. My question is will i run into a problem with the vtec wires not having anywhere to go on the ls motor? I plan on using a p06 nonvtec ecu. What additions or modifications to the 95 civic ex's wiring harness are necessary. Any help or suggestions are appreciated, just dont suggest a j32 type r swap or some crazy redonkulous stuff a college student who needs reliable transportation cant afford im on a budget.

tank500999
01-14-2010, 04:52 PM
dont worry about the vtec wire

wahvtec
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
cool and also since im goin from one cam to two do i have to wire in a another cam position sensor? other than that all the other wiring should be the same

Master Shake
01-14-2010, 05:45 PM
if you're switch from a single cam to a dual cam...you are gonna need a transmission to go with the new motor. the d16z6 trans will not bolt to the b18.

its gonna be a full swap....no just replace the motor and ride out. unless you do some modifications with a bracket to bolt the d-trans to the b-motor. probably gonna be best to just use a new harness with the motor as well.

mounts may work...not completely positive about it.

wahvtec
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
yeah sorry didnt make that clear i plan on doin trans ecu axles half shaft prolly new mounts, and though unecesary upgrading the brake booster and master cylinder and doing rear disks and manual rack just bc its stuff i have and been wanting to do. Mostly the stuff im confused about is wiring for example the addition of a cam sensor etc

Master Shake
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
yeah sorry didnt make that clear i plan on doin trans ecu axles half shaft prolly new mounts, and though unecesary upgrading the brake booster and master cylinder and doing rear disks and manual rack just bc its stuff i have and been wanting to do. Mostly the stuff im confused about is wiring for example the addition of a cam sensor etc
when you do the swap, get a LS harness that goes with the motor. it will eliminate all the problems for the wiring and shit since it just "plug and play"

that is, if everything OBD-whatever you have, lol.

wahvtec
01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
yeah my cars obd1 similar to a lot of the ls's lol and will it hook right into that main connector at the strut tower? cus if so this swaps gonna be pretty much a breeze....as far as swaps are concerned

Starrfire
01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
1. use your harness
2. Spend $50 and buy a p75 ecu.
3. the mounts off your D will work minus the t bracket in the rear.

This has to be the easiest swap into a civic other than another D so it will be really easy, you should be done with the pull and swap in a day easy.

k3tsurui
01-17-2010, 09:00 AM
vtec only works if you have vtec. It wouldn't hurt to keep the vtec plug hanging around just in case you find a jizzer head to swap out.