PDA

View Full Version : It's been 10 years since I had the car wreck that changed my life.

Justin.
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Today marks the day, I was in the car wreck that further effected my life from then on.

10 years ago when I was 16, I got a new civic si, 3 days later all that changed.

Being 16 and an idiot, the last MPH I recall was 120mph, I have no idea what happened, I remember the rear end sliding out and waking up 3 weeks later, after multiple surgery's, I have no hearing in my left ear, had facial reconstruction also multiple broken bones.

As you can see, the airbags didn't deploy, the fireman I went to thank after I could walk again told me that my head was pinned to the steering wheel, and with a bag deployment the outcome of me being here right now could be different. Also my seat belt broke. Onto the good stuff, pics!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/justinnc2002/MVC-002S.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/justinnc2002/MVC-001S.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/justinnc2002/MVC-006S.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/justinnc2002/MVC-005S.jpg
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/justinnc2002/MVC-003S.jpg

lanning
01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
damn, glad you're alright

quickdodge®
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Being 16 and an idiot, the last MPH I recall was 120mph,

Thing is, did you learn from that? Later, QD.

Justin.
01-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Yes I did, I seen the pain my parents were in, and never wanted to do that to them again.

thecrazyone
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
were you told what happend? tree? flipped over? ditch? anyone else involved?

BABY J
01-04-2010, 02:47 PM
99 Civic Si was the fastest car ever produced. Racecar... PERIOD. Dibs on the drivers door handle.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
did you sue the fuck out of honda for faulty airbag deployment what the fuck? Should've changed your life to millionaire status. If some slut can sue Mcdonalds for a mil because he coffee was hot and they didn't warn her, you surely could've gotten something out of this.

BABY J
01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
did you sue the fuck out of honda for faulty airbag deployment what the fuck? Should've changed your life to millionaire status. If some slut can sue Mcdonalds for a mil because he coffee was hot and they didn't warn her, you surely could've gotten something out of this.

That's not why she got paid. If this was wrongful death it'd be different SLIGHTLY. But maybe you missed the 120mph part.

I love America - "I was being an ass and now I'm going to sue you." Makes sense.

Justin.
01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
were you told what happend? tree? flipped over? ditch? anyone else involved?

Police man said I went air born in a corner and back end slid out, I don't remember going airborn but I did remember the rear end sliding out, estimated flipping 8 times after hitting road side ditch, they found the ecu that disconnected it self from the harness and out of the kick panel 30 yards from where the car landed.

Justin.
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM

Yes we did.

punkr6
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I'll buy the head and tranny....:D

BABY J
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Looks to me if the wheel-bag had deployed the back of your head would have it's on sunroof. I'd be happy with that and call Honda and say "good looking out."

DeeAOne
01-04-2010, 03:07 PM
damn dude. i know how this is. makes you think twice about doing anything stupid everytime. i rolled 3 times and only needed stitches on my finger.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
That's not why she got paid. If this was wrongful death it'd be different SLIGHTLY. But maybe you missed the 120mph part.

I love America - "I was being an ass and now I'm going to sue you." Makes sense.

From what i read, that's why she got paid. Spilled hot coffee, burned herself, she wasn't warned it was hot, had no warning label on the cup, bam 1 mil in the bank.

yes he was driving 120mph, but it doesn't fucking matter, that doesn't make your airbag not work. If i pay for a new car and i get into a serious accident, going 40, or going 200, i want my airbag to fucking deploy, because it's what i paid for. YES IT'S MY FAULT FOR WRECKING BECAUSE I WAS GOING A DANGEROUS SPEED. No it's not my fault that honda put in a faulty air bag. This isn't a case where he did something stupid and sued honda for something that wasn't their fault. he didn't sue honda for not putting on the proper tires to handle 120 mph. He sued honda for not having a fucking airbag that worked. Now where i see your point, and totally agree that people do stupid shit, then sue others, this is not the case in this instance.

Facts

On February 27, 1992, Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman from Albuquerque, New Mexico, ordered a 49¢ cup of coffee from the drive-through window of a local McDonald's restaurant. Liebeck was in the passenger's seat of her Ford Probe, and her grandson Chris parked the car so that Liebeck could add cream and sugar to her coffee. She placed the coffee cup between her knees and pulled the far side of the lid toward her to remove it. In the process, she spilled the entire cup of coffee on her lap.[9] Liebeck was wearing cotton sweatpants; they absorbed the coffee and held it against her skin as she sat in the puddle of hot liquid for over 90 seconds, scalding her thighs, buttocks, and groin.[10] Liebeck was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent.[11] She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. During this period, Liebeck lost 20 pounds (nearly 20% of her body weight), reducing her down to 83 pounds.[12] Two years of medical treatment followed.
[edit] Settlement offers

Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for US $20,000 to cover her medical costs, which were $11,000, but the company offered only $800. When McDonald's refused to raise its offer, Liebeck retained Texas attorney Reed Morgan. Morgan filed suit in a New Mexico District Court accusing McDonald's of "gross negligence" for selling coffee that was "unreasonably dangerous" and "defectively manufactured". McDonald's refused Morgan's offer to settle for $90,000.[4] Morgan offered to settle for $300,000, and a mediator suggested $225,000 just before trial, but McDonald's refused these final pre-trial attempts to settle.[4]
[edit] Trial

she got $650,00 for herself.

BABY J
01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
McDonald's bitch won b/c of a MEMO that McDs corporate sent out to every store. That memo basically said to overheat the coffee - this way by the time it's cool enough to drink patrons would not be hungry for more (since refills are free). The MEMO is what got got her paid not the hot coffee.

Look at how close the steering wheel is to the roof - a bag deployment would have prob meant DEATH. There are more than 1 way to look at shit like this.

Bajjani
01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
From what i read, that's why she got paid. Spilled hot coffee, burned herself, she wasn't warned it was hot, had no warning label on the cup, bam 1 mil in the bank.

Then read it over

Yes she spilled coffee

The trial took place from August 8–17, 1994, before Judge Robert H. Scott.[13] During the case, Liebeck's attorneys discovered that McDonald's required franchises to serve coffee at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C). At that temperature, the coffee would cause a third-degree burn in two to seven seconds. Stella Liebeck's attorney argued that coffee should never be served hotter than 140 °F (60 °C), and that a number of other establishments served coffee at a substantially lower temperature than McDonald's. Liebeck's lawyers presented the jury with evidence that 180 °F (82 °C) coffee like that McDonald’s served may produce third-degree burns (where skin grafting is necessary) in about 12 to 15 seconds.

that was almost 200 degrees

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
McDonald's bitch won b/c of a MEMO that McDs corporate sent out to every store. That memo basically said to overheat the coffee - this way by the time it's cool enough to drink patrons would not be hungry for more (since refills are free). The MEMO is what got got her paid not the hot coffee.

Look at how close the steering wheel is to the roof - a bag deployment would have prob meant DEATH. There are more than 1 way to look at shit like this.

regardless of the memo, the fact that she won a million dollars because she spilled coffee on herself is excessive, and completely undeserved. Whether the airbag deployment meant death or not, the fact is this, his airbag that is supposed to save his life did not even deploy. That's faulty equipment.

I could understand if the retard at mcdonalds sued because the cup got too hot it melted and then she got third degree burned, but she SPILLED IT ON HERSELF, and then sued for it.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Then read it over

Yes she spilled coffee

The trial took place from August 8–17, 1994, before Judge Robert H. Scott.[13] During the case, Liebeck's attorneys discovered that McDonald's required franchises to serve coffee at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C). At that temperature, the coffee would cause a third-degree burn in two to seven seconds. Stella Liebeck's attorney argued that coffee should never be served hotter than 140 °F (60 °C), and that a number of other establishments served coffee at a substantially lower temperature than McDonald's. Liebeck's lawyers presented the jury with evidence that 180 °F (82 °C) coffee like that McDonald’s served may produce third-degree burns (where skin grafting is necessary) in about 12 to 15 seconds.

that was almost 200 degrees

she spilled the coffee, t hen let it soak in her pants for 90 THAT'S RIGHT NINETY SECONDS and then got burned

bitch if youre parked, and you spill fucking coffee on yourself, get the fuck out of the car and take the pants down, or pull them down in your car. she was burned from her OWN negligence, not because Mcdonalds served her hot coffee. If she tried to drink it and it burned her esophagus in half, then id say it was rightful. However nothing about that case is proper. That heat can cause 3rd degree burns in 2-7 seconds if it's not soaking through clothing having to get to the skin. it took her 90 seconds ti figure out she should probably not sit there and let in burn her any longer. That's a case of retard.

BABY J
regardless of the memo, the fact that she won a million dollars because she spilled coffee on herself is excessive, and completely undeserved. Whether the airbag deployment meant death or not, the fact is this, his airbag that is supposed to save his life did not even deploy. That's faulty equipment.

I could understand if the retard at mcdonalds sued because the cup got too hot it melted and then she got third degree burned, but she SPILLED IT ON HERSELF, and then sued for it.

I don't think he died since he is posting 10 years after the incident.

Bajjani

McDonalds lost because they made it hot enough to give third degree burns in seconds, not because it hurt and her leg turned red. She had third degree burns all over her legs. Yes its her fault for spilling herself, her punishment is ruined clothes and burning legs, not blisters and third degree burns.

The air bag tho is faulty equipment but this was 10 years ago so either way its done and never giong to change.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
McDonalds lost because they made it hot enough to give third degree burns in seconds, not because it hurt and her leg turned red. She had third degree burns all over her legs. Yes its her fault for spilling herself, her punishment is ruined clothes and burning legs, not blisters and third degree burns.

The air bag tho is faulty equipment but this was 10 years ago so either way its done and never giong to change.

you're still missing the part where she sat in the "hot liquid puddle for over 90 seconds" which caused the 3rd degree burns through her clothing.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't think he died since he is posting 10 years after the incident.

you would suck as an attorney. That's like throwing a deflating life raft to someone, doesn't do much good. Obviously he didn't die, that's not he point. One could argue that his injuries could have been much less substantial had his life saving device deployed as it was supposed to. It's been proven that airbags save lives and reduce injuries, not that they do the opposite. In any case an air bag not deploying is an incredible fault and should be sued for, PERIOD.

Jason..
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Damn man glad u ditn die.id rep u but my phone won't let me.

Bajjani
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
she spilled the coffee, t hen let it soak in her pants for 90 THAT'S RIGHT NINETY SECONDS and then got burned

bitch if youre parked, and you spill fucking coffee on yourself, get the fuck out of the car and take the pants down, or pull them down in your car. she was burned from her OWN negligence, not because Mcdonalds served her hot coffee. If she tried to drink it and it burned her esophagus in half, then id say it was rightful. However nothing about that case is proper. That heat can cause 3rd degree burns in 2-7 seconds if it's not soaking through clothing having to get to the skin. it took her 90 seconds ti figure out she should probably not sit there and let in burn her any longer. That's a case of retard.

As I JUST said, McDonalds lost because of the temperature of the coffee. You can't argue that point any other way, thats why they lost, not because she spilled it, but because of the damage of serving something that is dangerous.

xxbckiexx
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
As I JUST said, McDonalds lost because of the temperature of the coffee. You can't argue that point any other way, thats why they lost, not because she spilled it, but because of the damage of serving something that is dangerous.

YOU ARE MISSING THE FACT THAT SHE SAT IN IT FOR NINETY SECONDS WHICH ALLOWED THE COFFEE TO SOAK THROUGH HER CLOTHING AND CAUSE THE BURNS. OBVIOUSLY IT WAS NOT IMMEDIATELY THAT HOT/ALARMING TO HER BECAUSE SHE WAS ABLE TO WITHSTAND SITTING IN IT FOR 90+ SECONDS. DO YOU HAVE READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS?

Bajjani
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
YOU ARE MISSING THE FACT THAT SHE SAT IN IT FOR NINETY SECONDS WHICH ALLOWED THE COFFEE TO SOAK THROUGH HER CLOTHING AND CAUSE THE BURNS. OBVIOUSLY IT WAS NOT IMMEDIATELY THAT HOT/ALARMING TO HER BECAUSE SHE WAS ABLE TO WITHSTAND SITTING IN IT FOR 90+ SECONDS. DO YOU HAVE READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS?

So what you are suggeting is that a 79 yr old woman jump out of her car and strip in a parking lot. What do you expect she would have gotten for a lawsuit if she had to strip in public to prevent third degree burns? Moron.

K20Z1
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
i spy war...

anyhow, dips on the infamous steering wheels

K20Z1
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
and the gauge cluster

quickdodge®
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes I did, I seen the pain my parents were in, and never wanted to do that to them again.

I can understand that. But what about yourself? Would you do it again if you knew your parents wouldn't be in any pain from it?

I'm just rambling. If you learned your lesson and all, then props to you, man. Just have to be safe because you never know. Later, QD.

Justin.
01-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I can understand that. But what about yourself? Would you do it again if you knew your parents wouldn't be in any pain from it?

I'm just rambling. If you learned your lesson and all, then props to you, man. Just have to be safe because you never know. Later, QD.

Would never do it again, of course I am much older and have learned life's lessons, Everyone has their day to go, and that day wasn't mine, thank god!

I have to much in life to live for.

Ran
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
she sat in the "hot liquid puddle for over 90 seconds"Kinky

Njobe
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes we did.
how much did you end up getting?

smoknlegend
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM

Either way she would have suffered third degree burns. She offered to go for $20,000, they offered $800. Like was said above, the sum she received was not what she wanted, the courts wanted to send a message to mcdonalds that you cant serve food/drinks too hot to handle.

Besides what was said in the article posted, that particular restaurant had received multiple complaints about coffee being too hot and their response was that they could not do anything about it, when in reality there was an adjustment that could have been made on the machine to regulate the temperature lower. BTW: while i have never received a 3rd degree burn, what i have been taught is that you can feel 1st and 2nd degree burns, but 3rd degree burns cannot be felt. This is at least what the american red cross teaches. So what i believe happened is she thought damn this coffee is hot, and thought nothing of it, until extreme pain set in. Only reason i defend the courts decision is because this case was a long lecture in my legal environment of business class.

BTW: i am glad the OP is still here, but sorry your life changing thread had to be hijacked.

Got Milk?
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Don't do stupid and drive.

MongolPup
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
That's not why she got paid.

THANK YOU. Jesus fucking Christ I can't stand when people say that. There was way more to the story, including MONTHS of prior history/documentation.

MongolPup
01-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I didn't know there was a shit storm, and I don't care enough to post in it. Read up on the case everyone. McDonald's behavior in the past with keeping coffee hot enough to people to enjoy on the type of time table a morning commute involves particularly, and prior incidents involving out of court settlements and the exact temperature of the coffee.

Doppelgänger
01-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Jesus fking Christ. Sue because the airbags didn't go off? It's clear some of you have no damn clue as to how SRS systems in cars work. Seriously. That's like the dumb Chink that tried to sue Mercedes Benz because he rear ended a truck and went under it and the airbags never went off. There are these things called "shock sensors" that use deceleration g-forces to set off the airbags. These sensors are meant for FRONT IMPACTS. Meaning, if your retarded ass slides off the road and starts doing barrel-rolls, the sensors aren't going to set off. All in all, the front is pretty intact considering. It's like expecting your steering wheel airbag to go off if you get rear ended or t-boned...it isn't going to happen. D U H

bloodline
01-04-2010, 10:34 PM
damn crazy story..im glad to survived ..when your young..you tend to do alot of stupid things you cant take back...just aslong as you learn from your mistakes..you'll be just fine

bdydrpdmazda
01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Contrary to popular belief, Civics are NOT race cars...

§treet_§peed
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Been here before. Not as bad but I can relate a little. Just ask the glass from the windshield still in my forehead and face. But damn man, this is a hell of thing to go thru. Glad you made it thru and weren't paralyzed, loose and limbs, and didn't have it knock you into a retarded state.

Mr Egg Rollllll
01-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Wow, what a wreck...

I hope you learned your lesson man. This is a helluva story to share others for sure.

Homer Simpson
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Jesus fking Christ. Sue because the airbags didn't go off? It's clear some of you have no damn clue as to how SRS systems in cars work. Seriously. That's like the dumb Chink that tried to sue Mercedes Benz because he rear ended a truck and went under it and the airbags never went off. There are these things called "shock sensors" that use deceleration g-forces to set off the airbags. These sensors are meant for FRONT IMPACTS. Meaning, if your retarded ass slides off the road and starts doing barrel-rolls, the sensors aren't going to set off. All in all, the front is pretty intact considering. It's like expecting your steering wheel airbag to go off if you get rear ended or t-boned...it isn't going to happen. D U H

Dang, homie. What did I ever do to you?

:)

However, its good to see that you're ok, OP.

I don't drive aggressively for that same reason. Had more than enough incident involving speed and stupidity.

bdydrpdmazda
01-04-2010, 11:01 PM

Lets not turn this into a racial war please...

ATL86
01-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately some people are missing the point of this thread. Glad to see that you made it out alive. Hopefully you can reflect back on this incident and have a greater outlook on and appreciation for life.

Doppelgänger
01-05-2010, 08:12 AM

However, its good to see that you're ok, OP.

I don't drive aggressively for that same reason. Had more than enough incident involving speed and stupidity.

Not you... event I was talking about happened IN China...and the guy got all pissy and swore to only buy Chinese made cars from then on. Seriously, if that guy had been in a Chinese made car he would have died like 37 times. Not being raisce, just picking on stupid. Besides China http://www.miataturbo.net/images/smilies/notequal.gifhuman race.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/01/chinese-man-crashes-mercedes-s350-vows-to-only-drive-chinese-bu/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/12/chinese_goods_for_life.jpg

Really? That dipshit really thinks the airbags should have deployed?

Me86Rob
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM
take a look at one of his many "my old truck on the dragons tail" threads he makes and there, my good friend, you will find the answer.

Justin.
01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
take a look at one of his many "my old truck on the dragons tail" threads he makes and there, my good friend, you will find the answer.

I never made a old truck on dragons tail thread.

Glides
01-05-2010, 03:02 PM
99 Civic Si was the fastest car ever produced. Racecar... PERIOD. Dibs on the drivers door handle.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Baby J again"

I LOL'd.

Stupid move OP, but then again, you were 16 and we were all dumb at 16.

Kevykev
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
LoL @ the fact that an argument started over spilled milk...i mean COFFEE.

OP - Will you part with Wheels?

$100 for all since one of the tires were Forcefully dismounted.

LOL Glad you made it safe man, is your hearing back?

Glides
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
yes he was driving 120mph, but it doesn't fucking matter

WRONG!!!!! You have NO idea how legal stuff works. Let me enlighten you.

When this person, 16 year old kid, exceeded the speed limit into the triple digit range, he committed what is called a Willful, Wanton and Reckless act. He ALSO was BREAKING THE LAW. So.....99 times out of 100, ANY company will deny ANY coverage. There are rare cases of course where a person will win out, but almost all the time. Nope. You break the law you are fucked.

That would be like saying. "Hey, I broke into your store and robbed you, but the safety latch on your walk in Freezer didn't work and I got locked in and froze all night so i'm going to sue the company that made the freezer latch"

Sounds pretty stupid to anyone with common sense. Sure it sucks that the Airbag didn't work...or in his case, it didn't suck cause if it did he would be dead....but he should have never been going 120 milles an hour to even have to test that.

And comparing the McDonalds case to this case is just ludicrous. Though I do see your ode to ridiculous court cases.

Good thing you lived, and learned a VERY important lesson early on in your life and now you can be a better man for it OP. :goodjob:

Vicosin
01-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Damn OP...glad you're alright.
This thread=more incentive for me to not speed. So much traffic around here, all it really does is make you wait at redlights longer anyways.

Njobe
01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
WRONG!!!!! You have NO idea how legal stuff works. Let me enlighten you.

When this person, 16 year old kid, exceeded the speed limit into the triple digit range, he committed what is called a Willful, Wanton and Reckless act. He ALSO was BREAKING THE LAW. So.....99 times out of 100, ANY company will deny ANY coverage. There are rare cases of course where a person will win out, but almost all the time. Nope. You break the law you are fucked.

That would be like saying. "Hey, I broke into your store and robbed you, but the safety latch on your walk in Freezer didn't work and I got locked in and froze all night so i'm going to sue the company that made the freezer latch"

Sounds pretty stupid to anyone with common sense. Sure it sucks that the Airbag didn't work...or in his case, it didn't suck cause if it did he would be dead....but he should have never been going 120 milles an hour to even have to test that.

And comparing the McDonalds case to this case is just ludicrous. Though I do see your ode to ridiculous court cases.

Good thing you lived, and learned a VERY important lesson early on in your life and now you can be a better man for it OP. :goodjob:
that did happen, just not that way. a burglar tried to rob a house and when he got inside slipped and cut himself(or something like that). he ended up suing the home owners and winning. i would say it doesn't matter that he was going triple digit speeds. the air bags are "safety devices" they protect you. imagine if it was a death or life emergency and he had to drive that fast to get to the hospital or had a fire at his house. he paid for the car with working air bags and that's what he should get.

BABY J
01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
So you people just think airbags just "work" huh. LOL. Just like that - lol. "hello - airbags, work please... thanks." HA HA

Car guys don't know shit about cars - that's a goddamned shame.

Njobe
01-05-2010, 05:08 PM
So you people just think airbags just "work" huh. LOL. Just like that - lol. "hello - airbags, work please... thanks." HA HA

Car guys don't know shit about cars - that's a goddamned shame.
no you have to say abra-ka-dabra homes

jorgen
01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
the mcdonalds lady got paid because the coffee was unreasonably hot.
i heard she had 3rd degree burns and shit.
regardless of if there is a warning or not, you serve me coffee hot enough to burn my flesh off and im gonna sue you.

jorgen
01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
however, there was another lawsuit, where a senior sued i think an antiques store because her children were running around in the store and she fell and broke her hip... and she won, a lot.

Evil Goat
01-05-2010, 06:13 PM
im not reading this whole thread but post up some pics of the carnage...i want to see staples, and shit

Me86Rob
01-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I never made a old truck on dragons tail thread.

sorry. I was being a fucking idot and read your name as "jason" rather than "justin"

my bad homie. Glad you are here to tell us about the wreck!

VooDooXII
01-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Why's everyone tripping about the airbags? It's irrelevant and nothing can be done about it anymore.

Anyway, glad it changed your life because I'm sure you never want to go through that again and there's no need to put other people in danger as well. Amazing that you're here to tell the story! That looks like one hell of a wreck.

Glides
01-06-2010, 01:05 PM
that did happen, just not that way. a burglar tried to rob a house and when he got inside slipped and cut himself(or something like that). he ended up suing the home owners and winning. i would say it doesn't matter that he was going triple digit speeds. the air bags are "safety devices" they protect you. imagine if it was a death or life emergency and he had to drive that fast to get to the hospital or had a fire at his house. he paid for the car with working air bags and that's what he should get.

It's happened a lot of ways actually.

But either way, I see that the OP hasn't posted what he got in the settlement on the suit he said he filed. I'm going to guess nothing in the case of the Airbags.

ItsBlack
01-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Damn, I learned my lesson from "crazy driving" after wrecking my dads Impala in a ditch trying to powerslide out of my friends neighborhood. I thought I just broke a rim and popped a tire, but I ended up snapping a control arm, bending the frame, and more (about 3k worth of damge). I didn't get hurt at all, but I felt like shit for wrecking my dads car =(

Justin.
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
It's happened a lot of ways actually.

But either way, I see that the OP hasn't posted what he got in the settlement on the suit he said he filed. I'm going to guess nothing in the case of the Airbags.

Sorry was gone for a few days, As far as the suit the airbags where actually not the deciding factor in a settlement, it was the seat belt that broke/malfunctioned the air bags just added to it.

I don't know the exact amount of the settlement, my parents at the time handled it, I know it wasn't a substantial amount, but I do know it was kept to put me thru college, so I guess in a way of the wreck, it helped me reevaluate my actions and further my life with a good education.

Brian*
01-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Damn, mine was not as bad but it must be something about Civics...

But I was not being a dumb ass, my passenger pulled the fucking e-brake at 70mph, didn't mean to but still WTF!:thinking:

BABY J
01-08-2010, 02:42 PM
YOU: *driving 70mph* "Man it's a gorgeous day isn't it??

PASSENGER: *curious* Wonder what'll happen if I pull this handle..."

YOU: "Well, I would ----

** HE PULLS IT *** ~ crash ensues

YOU: *stumbling, coughing up blood* "Dude that wasn't funny."

PASSENGER: "Yeah. My bad dawg."

Brian*
01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
YOU: *driving 70mph* "Man it's a gorgeous day isn't it??

PASSENGER: *curious* Wonder what'll happen if I pull this handle

~ crash ensues

YOU: *stumbling, coughing up blood* "Dude that wasn't funny."

PASSENGER: "Yeah. My bad dawg."

No more like:

ME: Driving, ready to go get drunk...

PASSANGER: Holding on to the O SHIT handle and fucking with the e brake to make the little red light come on because he is a bitch trying to make me freak out because I just did an engine swap and thought I would think it was a check engine light...

ME: "Oh shit, a car just pulled out in front of me... I'm going to change lanes so I don't hit their punk asses, let me check my mirror...."

Next thing I know, I was sliding, hit a bank, was NOT wearing my seat belt so I flew out of the car (at 70) my buddy that was behind me said I did a few flips down the 30+ ft bank while my car did a barrel roll up in the air and landed 3ft from where I was laying... I woke up the (front) wheels were still spinning, the radio was making some weird fucking noise and I had blood squirting out of the top of my head. I broke my back in 2 places, my neck and fractured my skull... My "friend" got 3 stitches in his knee... WTF About the time I got put in the ambulance I realized, FUCK I don't have full coverage... I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and by the time I got out my "friend" had moved to Florida due to a few death threats hahaha

RUFFIAN
01-08-2010, 04:15 PM
No more like:

ME: Driving, ready to go get drunk...

PASSANGER: Holding on to the O SHIT handle and fucking with the e brake to make the little red light come on because he is a bitch trying to make me freak out because I just did an engine swap and thought I would think it was a check engine light...

ME: "Oh shit, a car just pulled out in front of me... I'm going to change lanes so I don't hit their punk asses, let me check my mirror...."

Next thing I know, I was sliding, hit a bank, was NOT wearing my seat belt so I flew out of the car (at 70) my buddy that was behind me said I did a few flips down the 30+ ft bank while my car did a barrel roll up in the air and landed 3ft from where I was laying... I woke up the (front) wheels were still spinning, the radio was making some weird fucking noise and I had blood squirting out of the top of my head. I broke my back in 2 places, my neck and fractured my skull... My "friend" got 3 stitches in his knee... WTF About the time I got put in the ambulance I realized, FUCK I don't have full coverage... I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and by the time I got out my "friend" had moved to Florida due to a few death threats hahaha
WOW..............I hope your Friend befriends Nick Hogan while he's down in Florida. Maybe he can go out test driving new whips with him:ninja:

The Ren
01-09-2010, 12:08 PM
welcome to the survivors club.. There are a few of us on Ia who have been in similar situations.

Brian*
01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
WOW..............I hope your Friend befriends Nick Hogan while he's down in Florida. Maybe he can go out test driving new whips with him:ninja:

LoL @ Nick, when we went to his house he tried to get me to ride in his dad's Viper with him... I simply replied "no thanks" lmao He is a weird dude, but has some cool ass toys!

Only reason I went to his house was because my friend Glenn use to build his cars for him...

imbosile
01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
At least nobody else was injured.