PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem

STRteg
12-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I was driving today down the highway everything was cool I get off the exit and go to push the clutch down to pull it out of gear and the pedal sunk to the floor and stayed there and I couldnt pull it out of gear.So I used my foot and scooped the pedal from the floor and it came back up and out of gear but now when i drive there is no hardness to the pedal anymore and to shift I have to push the pedal all the way down to the floor.The pedal feels kind of squishy but still comes back up but i cant feel where the clutch is anymore,any ideas?

DC2NR
12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Check your clutch fluid lately? May have some air in the system.

Barefoot
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Check your clutch fluid lately? May have some air in the system.x2

HMGDRFTER
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Check your clutch fluid lately? May have some air in the system.

x3.... bleed your clutch.:yes:

STRteg
12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
x2

Fluid levels the same but before i checked today i havent messed with it how could air get in it? And you dont think it could be the clutch pump or anything else related?

speedminded
12-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Most likely need a new clutch master cylinder, is there any fluid leaking from it?

STRteg
12-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Most likely need a new clutch master cylinder, is there any fluid leaking from it?

No leaks

speedminded
12-05-2009, 02:23 PM
No leaksIf the pedal is sticking in the down position then there is obviously a pressure loss somewhere: whether it's an air pocket in the line, leaking somewhere, or getting past the plunger in the master cylinder which will eventually leak down the firewall...either in the engine bay or under the dash.

SlamminCRX
12-05-2009, 02:33 PM
If the pedal is sticking in the down position then there is obviously a pressure loss somewhere: whether it's an air pocket in the line, leaking somewhere, or getting past the plunger in the master cylinder which will eventually leak down the firewall...either in the engine bay or under the dash.

+1

STRteg
12-05-2009, 02:44 PM
If the pedal is sticking in the down position then there is obviously a pressure loss somewhere: whether it's an air pocket in the line, leaking somewhere, or getting past the plunger in the master cylinder which will eventually leak down the firewall...either in the engine bay or under the dash.

Its not sticking down anymore it only stuck down once now it feels soft and squishy

speedminded
12-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Its not sticking down anymore it only stuck down once now it feels soft and squishyProbably because the fluid is so cold...once it warms up it will be a different story.

STRteg
12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Probably because the fluid is so cold...once it warms up it will be a different story.

Perhaps so however i drove it for a while and I mean a while while it was more than hot

speedminded
12-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Perhaps so however i drove it for a while and I mean a while while it was more than hotWhat warms up the clutch fluid?

STRteg
12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
What warms up the clutch fluid?

No the overall temperature of the engine I drove on the highway for about 40 mins or so

speedminded
12-05-2009, 03:14 PM
No the overall temperature of the engine I drove on the highway for about 40 mins or soMy point exactly. I'm sure the engine bay warms up the master cylinder a bit but the fluid isn't exactly in contact with a heat source like engine oil, coolant, or brake fluid so I'm sure it takes considerably longer to become thinner.

STRteg
12-05-2009, 03:23 PM
My point exactly. I'm sure the engine bay warms up the master cylinder a bit but the fluid isn't exactly in contact with a heat source like engine oil, coolant, or brake fluid so I'm sure it takes considerably longer to become thinner.

So your saying it was just acting up because the fluid was cold?

Tech5
12-05-2009, 03:58 PM
replace clutch slave cost 15 at autozone and master cylinder cost 50ish from autozone problem solved

Aeroscout977
12-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Back when I had a 93 Stealth I had a slave cylinder go out. No fluid leak but I had no pressure on the clutch pedal.

speedminded
12-05-2009, 04:13 PM
So your saying it was just acting up because the fluid was cold?No, it quit acting up because the fluid was cold. It will most likely go back to the same symptoms you were having before...

Njobe
12-05-2009, 05:12 PM

replace clutch slave cost 15 at autozone and master cylinder cost 50ish from autozone problem solved

these and the problem should be fixed.

STRteg
12-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone

STRteg
12-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Ok so heres the update as of right now I went to the zone (autozone) and bought a new slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder and clutch fluid and I'll be changing it all out tomorrow i'll let everyone know how it goes