PDA

View Full Version : wire tuck

shadowx3
09-01-2009, 08:11 PM
i need to know where to put the lines that are on the fire wall to do a wire tuck like hide them so you dnt see them where do yall usually put them at?

EmminoDaGreat
09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
you usually run them inside the car.

PURP
09-01-2009, 08:53 PM
yep... behind the dash

shadowx3
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
any body got pics of how it looks inside or steps that i can follow on doing it?

PURP
09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I had some of mine but I can't find them

shadowx3
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
am talking about these lines?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg42/shadowx111/05-14-2009_09_44_56PMrrrr-1.jpg

PURP
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
those are brake lines... those stay unless you have a flaring tool and more lines to relocate. This is how mine is... But it's a full custom brake line tuck

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/techadwick721/047.jpg

shadowx3
09-01-2009, 09:25 PM
ok thankz for the info bro

shadowx3
09-01-2009, 09:31 PM
do you have any more pics bro?

PURP
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
not any that would be helpful... and if you've never messed with something like this.. DO NOT ATTEMPT it. Get someone that has ran brake lines. Remember, those things help you not crash...lolol... anything ran wrong will result in failure

shadowx3
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM
thanks bro i wont mess with it then

Echonova
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Listen to the Purp. He knows what he is doing.

shadowx3
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
yea thanks onces again but any pics of the wire tuck an all that? steps on the wire tuck

JKOBD
09-02-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1693934

Almost 1000 pages of info here man.

RBS
09-02-2009, 10:49 AM
if its not a show car its not worth it. you loose alot more than what you gain, trust me on this y0!

PURP
09-02-2009, 11:02 AM
if its not a show car its not worth it. you loose alot more than what you gain, trust me on this y0!

lol wut... I've done a few tucks.. you lose nothing but wires from the bay.. and gain a cleaner bay...

PURP
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
any body got pics of how it looks inside or steps that i can follow on doing it?

To tuck the sections of wires running to your headlights and such.. you'll pull them into the car. get a 1 1/2 inch circle cutting blade thing for the drill. you'll drill right in front of the door. you'll have to remove fenders. get your wires pulled through. extend them as needed. Splicing one at a time. Then zip tie up.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/techadwick721/crap/013.jpg

on the drivers side. There's a plug in front of the door. prolly 1 1/2 x 2 inches. You can pull the wires through that. The passenger side, you'll have to drill a hole.

as for the main plugs. pull them through, extend as needed, one wire at a time. take the circle bit and drill a hole at the bottom of the firwall dead center. run wires through and plug back in. I have no pics of that.. but might be able to get some later

xlilvi3tx
09-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Here's one me and a couple of friends did. The way we did it, we didn't drill holes or anything. We took out the entire blower/heater core. I don't drive the car in the rain so i didn't care. We ran the wires through that hole and no need for stretch or anything. The headlight harnesses are ran through the fenders. The brakes line are a bit more complicated then we thought so we just removed the abs and left it at that. I don't recommend messing with the brake line unless u know what u are doing. If you still want to do it, make sure you get a metric flaring tool and NOT stardard size. The bay isn't done yet either just close to it lol.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m347/xlilvi3tx/CandysNewHeart-1.jpg

FAM0U5
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
will anyone would like to help me in the near future?

PURP
09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Here's one me and a couple of friends did. The way we did it, we didn't drill holes or anything. We took out the entire blower/heater core. I don't drive the car in the rain so i didn't care. We ran the wires through that hole and no need for stretch or anything. The headlight harnesses are ran through the fenders. The brakes line are a bit more complicated then we thought so we just removed the abs and left it at that. I don't recommend messing with the brake line unless u know what u are doing. If you still want to do it, make sure you get a metric flaring tool and NOT stardard size. The bay isn't done yet either just close to it lol.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m347/xlilvi3tx/CandysNewHeart-1.jpg

not nick picking... but the way you ran the wires would be able to be seen. You drill the holes to get the harness lower and out of sight. I also, removed both boxes from under the dash and made block off plates. But since the heater core hole sits on a flat part of the firewall, you're able to see the lines. Just preference I guess. But I like all mine hidden. Bay looks good. Should have gotten rid of the fuel set-up while you were at it and also should have flipped the booster to hide the vaccumm(sp) hose from the booster to the manifold. Also, take the ground wire and mount it on the back of the valve cover and mount to the side of the strut tower. Just some helpful ideas. Again, the bay looks good

xlilvi3tx
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
not nick picking... but the way you ran the wires would be able to be seen. You drill the holes to get the harness lower and out of sight. I also, removed both boxes from under the dash and made block off plates. But since the heater core hole sits on a flat part of the firewall, you're able to see the lines. Just preference I guess. But I like all mine hidden. Bay looks good. Should have gotten rid of the fuel set-up while you were at it and also should have flipped the booster to hide the vaccumm(sp) hose from the booster to the manifold. Also, take the ground wire and mount it on the back of the valve cover and mount to the side of the strut tower. Just some helpful ideas. Again, the bay looks good

Yeh, i can agree with you that it can be seen but just barely. Thanks for the ideas lol I'll be sure to do that when we start working on this thing again. It got way more work to do. Also, thanks for the compliment, same goes for u too :goodjob: