PDA

View Full Version : F/S 1989 Conquest TSI *pics*

Scooby Pilot
10-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Ok I had a thread earlier about selling my car...I have been putting it off becasue I really dont want to but I have to...... here are the pics, once again i have a ton of new parts on it. if it doent sell tehn i will just keep it but in reality trying to start being a full time musician/baby on teh way so gotta save some cash.

new walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Rebuilt rear calipers
greddy electronic boost controller
greddy turbo timer
Autotechnic gauges
NR auto Gauge faces ( black with red lettering)
2 new injectors
new heater core
Kenwood CD/mp3 player ( unless I sell it seperately first)
new steering coupler
replaced steering gear...... has tight steering
The original console wasnt perfect so I replaced that with one that is.
OEM rebuilt Alternator
new Power steering pump

The passenger seat is the only part of the interior that needs work. everything else is perfect. I did paint the wheels on one side black with spray paint just to see what it would look like...it comes right off. * the engine is out of the car, but ran fine. needs timing chain tensioner/kit.

here ya go.... *sigh* $2500 firm

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
10-11-2005, 08:08 AM
man
beautiful car
still has the air dam and it doesn't look damaged in the pics...
have you posted this on starquest.com?

Joe

Scooby Pilot
10-11-2005, 09:02 AM
no I Havent, i owe a dude $50 on there....but I dont even have $50 to spare. plus they will onlt want to give me $900 becasue they are all cheap bastards

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
10-11-2005, 12:15 PM
no I Havent, i owe a dude $50 on there....but I dont even have $50 to spare. plus they will onlt want to give me $900 becasue they are all cheap bastards

LOL...you're so right about it...

kinda like the lowballers here on this site ;)
joe

Salty12
10-11-2005, 12:21 PM
good luck Shawn.. hope you get what you need.

Scooby Pilot
10-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks man, yea I honestly hope it doesnt sell, but I had to satisfy the "responsible thing to do" before I went back to my normal self. haha

so if it doesnt sell i will prolly be more excited than if it did lol

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
10-11-2005, 03:25 PM
does it have the hard pipes?
any underhood shots?
what type of Bov?
Joe

RandomGuy
10-11-2005, 03:55 PM
good luck on the boat

AP1ALC
10-11-2005, 03:59 PM
nice...always wanted one!

JITB
10-11-2005, 04:08 PM
willing to part ot the boost controller and turbo timer?

nice car...

Stormhammer
10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
aw man - good luck with the sale

... hope it doesnt sell lol

RandomGuy
10-11-2005, 04:53 PM
wanna part those injectors, ill give you mines

DC2NR
10-11-2005, 09:44 PM
thats one mean machine ^_^

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
10-12-2005, 08:30 AM
New Heater Core
Greddy Boost controller
Greddy Turbo timer
Bain industries short shifter
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
rebuilt rear brake calipers
new Steering coupler
replaced Steering gear box to ensure tight steering.

While putting in the heater core I replaced all of the seals for the HVAC vents. The interior is in excellent shape except fo rthe passenger seat (go figure).

I did pull the engine with the idea of building it. the motor is still out of the car and still assembled. The only piece I lack is the factory turbo (which is a 12A and worthless anyway...any mistsu turbo will bolt right up) The engine ran pretty well before I pulled it. I just rebuilt the throttle body and put in two new injectors and a chrome fuel pressure regulator. However if you do any power modifications up to 300hp it is recommended to convert to MPI. The engine only needs a timing chain tensioner as required by general maintenance anyway if you decided to just drop teh motor back in.

Paint is blue with the decals. 5 sp transmission shifts smooth and easily.

some info you forgot to mention from you last post

man I want this car..only if it was running & assembled...

Joe

Scooby Pilot
10-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Im not parting it.

i ran fine when I pulled it, I can get some under hood shots. I pulled the motor to build it to how I wanted it. I can put it back together. the only thing I dont have is the turbo, I sold it lol, but it was a 12a.... more lieka hair dryer than a turbo really. doesnt have hardpipes and these cars dont have BOV's factory. This was was dead stock when I bought it.

HiPSI
10-12-2005, 12:44 PM
some info you forgot to mention from you last post

man I want this car..only if it was running & assembled...

Joe

they are honestly pretty easy to work on. if the engine is out it's just a great excuse to clean up the engine bay of all the extraneous crap that mitsu decided to throw in there to fill space ;)

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
they are honestly pretty easy to work on. if the engine is out it's just a great excuse to clean up the engine bay of all the extraneous crap that mitsu decided to throw in there to fill space ;)

except for all of those damn vaccum lines...;)
joe

FMX
10-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Well post it on ga.dsm.org their some quest/starion guys on their. Doesn't it seem a little high though with no motor in the car?

Scooby Pilot
10-14-2005, 07:44 AM
hmmm look at all of the parts I have put on it and no its deosnt seem high. Takes 2-3 hours to put the motor in. no biggie.... i also dont REALLY want it to sell.

Well post it on ga.dsm.org their some quest/starion guys on their. Doesn't it seem a little high though with no motor in the car?

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
10-14-2005, 08:18 AM
what it needs while you have that motor out is a 4G63 swap ;)
joe

Scooby Pilot
10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Nah I dont want to swap it... I am kind of purist in certian ways... I can make a bit of power from the 2.6 and mak eit live no problem.....

However I may not be able to keep it reardless... Best Buy is yanking my gf around about putting her back to work...they are discriminating against her becasue she is pregnant. SO

MAKE OFFER!

(dont "F" around with me i dont want to waste my time, in other words no $500 offers)

Scooby Pilot
10-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Yep just make an offer....

Scooby Pilot
10-21-2005, 08:24 AM
anyone..... anyone...... make offer