PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods BADass MOTORBUILD

civillac
03-08-2009, 08:50 PM
this is my first motor build but not a badass motor build that was just to get you to read my questions.

Ive got 2 b18a1's. One has stripped head bolts that need helacoils, and has different pistons than the other, they have deeper notches on the top i don't know how to explain it, but would these be better for N/A?

I want to take the pistons from the block with the stripped head bolts and put them in the good block and also swap over the ls/vtec kit and smaller racing pulley, but i need to get it cleaned and was wondering if i could clean it myself or if anyone knows a shop to acid dip it for a low price.
I also have a B16 head i want to have a cleaned.

I also have 2 transmissions, ones a YS1 and a A1. Do any of these have a LSD? and which one is best for acceleration?

i just want to make 250-300 on stock bottom end.
can i get that much out of it without cams?

i've also got a obo ecu and the guy i got it from said you can chip it to run vtec on a B18 and swap it into my civic and save alot of money, is this true? how do i do it?
how can i tune myself with out buying hondata?

also for now i have a D-series, ive came across a p72 ecu and someone told me its plug and play. are they full of it or will this make a difference?

josh94civic
03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
theres a shop i know of off of bankhead in austell that will Dip and bore the motor for 130. and are you trying to get 250-300hp? to the wheels? not gonna happen to easily if at all i've never heard of a N/a honda motor b or d pushing that with out boost. it would be alot cheaper if you just change the bearings on the motor put a new head gasket on it drop the b16 head on the b18 block pick up a good LS tranny and drop 15psi of boost on it and get it tunned by a pro and also some good rods and pistons with about a 10:1 or a 9:1 ratio on them and drop it in and you should get 250-275ish to the wheels on a good tune and a good turbo. and also a Block gaurd is a good investment if you plan to push the motor that high.

josh94civic
03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
thats just my opion:goodjob:

BTEC
03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
this is my first motor build but not a badass motor build that was just to get you to read my questions.

GAY
Ive got 2 b18a1's. One has stripped head bolts that need helacoils, and has different pistons than the other, they have deeper notches on the top i don't know how to explain it, but would these be better for N/A?

Ur saying they have bigger valve reliefs. Is the dome higher on the pistons u want to use/do they stick out of the block farther than the other one. That will tell you if the compression is higher

I want to take the pistons from the block with the stripped head bolts and put them in the good block and also swap over the ls/vtec kit and smaller racing pulley, but i need to get it cleaned and was wondering if i could clean it myself or if anyone knows a shop to acid dip it for a low price.
I also have a B16 head i want to have a cleaned.

A machine shop can ckean your block and head. Ill respond to ur price question in a minute.
I also have 2 transmissions, ones a YS1 and a A1. Do any of these have a LSD? and which one is best for acceleration?

Im not and expert on trannies and dnt feel like looking it up but if there are no axles in the tranny,look through where the axles go in the tranny. If u see light on the other side, u dnt have lsd. What car were the trannys in?

You're joking right? Do u want to do this with no power adder whatsoever too?

i've also got a obo ecu and the guy i got it from said you can chip it to run vtec on a B18 and swap it into my civic and save alot of money, is this true? how do i do it?
how can i tune myself with out buying hondata?
also for now i have a D-series, ive came across a p72 ecu and someone told me its plug and play. are they full of it or will this make a difference?
Leave the ecu mods and tunnig to prefessionals bc u have ALOT to learn. Try that quiestion in about 3 to 4 more years if ur a fast learner.

Lastly, how do u plan on making any kinda of power without spending money? You want tune ur own car yet you dnt even know what a valve relief is? Your gonna spend more money doing it the trial and error way. And i knew there was no badass build in here bc there were no attatchments. Goodluck though.

josh94civic
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
well said ^

IntegraXTR
03-09-2009, 04:35 PM
1: yes you can swap the pistons/rods over to the other block, just get them re-ringed first.
2:Its pretty cheap at the machine shop to just clean up the block and head, you could get them hot tanked.
3:The YS1 is the better tranny, those came from the 92-93 DB2 gsr, which has the most identical gear ratio compared to the ITR tranny.
4:250-300whp on stock bottom end aint going to happen, unless you're talking about forced induction.
5:Have a pro do the ecu/tuning for you, or do a little reading first.

hope this helps

scttydb411
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM

how about a lot of reading first. it's not rocket science, but it's not like reading a comic book...you have to know a few things, be mechanical, and grasp some points.

EmminoDaGreat
03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
so you are saying i cant tune my own car??!?!! pffffffffft

civillac
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
hmmm :thinking:
thanks for the help

ejohnson88
03-09-2009, 09:09 PM
How can I make my civic hybrid 250 whp N/A?

DC2NR
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM

:lmfao:

RedEj8
03-14-2009, 12:54 AM
You have a lot to learn junior.

I suggest you go to www.honda-tech.com ...and use the search button extensively. Search ALL archives in the all motor section.

SP33D FREAK
03-14-2009, 12:38 PM
rot
How can I make my civic hybrid 250 whp N/A?

rotflmao swap a k

ejohnson88
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
oh would you look at that ... already got that ... *Checks it off the list* ;)

southside
03-16-2009, 09:15 AM
1: yes you can swap the pistons/rods over to the other block, just get them re-ringed first.
2:Its pretty cheap at the machine shop to just clean up the block and head, you could get them hot tanked.
3:The YS1 is the better tranny, those came from the 92-93 DB2 gsr, which has the most identical gear ratio compared to the ITR tranny.
4:250-300whp on stock bottom end aint going to happen, unless you're talking about forced induction.

hope this helpsThere are two Ys1s actually one is the Gsr and the other is a Ls YS1 just tells you what year body style it came from I did a long research process of it.After I went to a junkyard and found 6 ls integras all had ys1.I thought I had died and went to junkyard heaven and thought all of them were b16:no: I was wrong Ys1 can be both ls or Gsr.

Slomaro Z28
03-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Boost it w/ a good tune. BTW you can't just throw parts at it and expect power, it takes planning and research.

oaznbeasto
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
money= power

turbob20
04-29-2009, 12:42 AM
dont forget the arp rod bolts too!

turbob20
04-29-2009, 12:44 AM
theres a shop i know of off of bankhead in austell that will Dip and bore the motor for 130. and are you trying to get 250-300hp? to the wheels? not gonna happen to easily if at all i've never heard of a N/a honda motor b or d pushing that with out boost. it would be alot cheaper if you just change the bearings on the motor put a new head gasket on it drop the b16 head on the b18 block pick up a good LS tranny and drop 15psi of boost on it and get it tunned by a pro and also some good rods and pistons with about a 10:1 or a 9:1 ratio on them and drop it in and you should get 250-275ish to the wheels on a good tune and a good turbo. and also a Block gaurd is a good investment if you plan to push the motor that high. dont forget rod bolt if you use stock rods and pistons. if you do use them you might get around 250-275. but if you use the good rods and pistons as he stated there rated alot higher than 275-300 and come with the rod bolts. with 560cc evo injectors and eagle rods and good pistons youll see around 300-325+ish with a chip and tune and about 14-18 psi depending on the flow capacity of the turbo kit. n/a youll only get 150-170 at the wheels with out $$$$$s of bolt ons.