PDA

View Full Version : hatch rear disc conversion question

HatchHero
02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
ok i own a 92 civic hatchback dx and just completed the integra front and rear disc conversion on it (whoa one hell of a party that was). my main question is since i did this do i need to upgrade the brake master cylinder to a civic si one or a after market one. i think the piston size on all the bmc are the same but i could be wrong. Can i keep the stock bmc that came factory on the dx with drums?? or should i upgrade.. thanks:goodjob: my current bmc is in good shape and does not leak

Also wat muffler looks the best on hatches cuz when i did the upgrade i put a set of blox lca on it and my knockoff obx twinloop muffler is blocking the pass. side lca:( u can only see one lol

ash7
02-05-2009, 06:56 PM
your brake master cylinder will be fine - if you're looking for your rear discs to actually improve your braking instead of just looking nice - then you're going to need to change out the proportioning valve.

-jonathan

all-mota
02-05-2009, 07:31 PM
your brake master cylinder will be fine - if you're looking for your rear discs to actually improve your braking instead of just looking nice - then you're going to need to change out the proportioning valve.

-jonathan

werd grab the proportioning valve and it will make a big difference in performance

HatchHero
02-05-2009, 07:40 PM
but which pv should i get?? si im assuming..

Barefoot
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
for it all the work right. u will need to get the a RS DA non ABS master cylinder an the booster, and 40/40 proportioning valve from a EG SI or a del sol. while your at it u might as well get ls/gsr front and rear sway bars.

seanrg1116
02-06-2009, 07:48 AM
^^^^ yep

HatchHero
02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
for it all the work right. u will need to get the a RS DA non ABS master cylinder an the booster, and 40/40 proportioning valve from a EG SI or a del sol. while your at it u might as well get ls/gsr front and rear sway bars.

bet:goodjob: as far as the sway bars i think i might solid instead of hollow sway bars.. what u think? comptech? eibach?

thepolecat
02-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree with all- did the same swap on my civic- HAD to upgrade prop valve otherwise it feels like crap.

it will say 3040 or 4040 on the cylinder- it is easy to see on the firewall. hint- its easy to do but more annoying that you would think with traditional hand tools since you cant turn the bolt that far.

also upgraded at the same time to stainless lines and that made it feel real good.

Barefoot
02-08-2009, 10:05 AM
bet:goodjob: as far as the sway bars i think i might solid instead of hollow sway bars.. what u think? comptech? eibach?i had the oem on mines for at least 2 years loved. i ever did anything with the car to that made me feel i had to upgrade. so i left them alone.

silversol
02-08-2009, 04:08 PM
i have a 40/40 pp valve

JDMJAYDC2
02-08-2009, 04:21 PM
^^^what dont you have lol

silversol
02-08-2009, 04:26 PM
and i wish i didnt have it all

Barefoot
02-08-2009, 07:00 PM
and i wish i didnt have it alllol the money would be better.

six7teen
02-10-2009, 01:01 AM
bethttp://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/goodjob.gif as far as the sway bars i think i might solid instead of hollow sway bars.. what u think? comptech? eibach?

http://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/127/sfID2/34/sfID3/35/productID/573

this is the sway bar i have! 100% worth the money.. i'd actually pay more if it cost more! you can adjust oversteer/understeer, and also the height of it's mounting so it wont hit the exhaust and such.. it also works as a rear tie bar as well!! http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/goodjob.gif

only complaint ive ever heard out of this is that after a while of hard driving with it, it could possibly rip out your subframe.. so just order a subframe brace for it

ash7
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
this is the sway bar i have! 100% worth the money..

...hahahaha, how much did you pay for it? :)

-jonathan

six7teen
02-11-2009, 12:20 AM
...hahahaha, how much did you pay for it? :)

-jonathan

:blah: :blah: and i'd do it again!!

HatchHero
02-13-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/127/sfID2/34/sfID3/35/productID/573

this is the sway bar i have! 100% worth the money.. i'd actually pay more if it cost more! you can adjust oversteer/understeer, and also the height of it's mounting so it wont hit the exhaust and such.. it also works as a rear tie bar as well!! http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/goodjob.gif

only complaint ive ever heard out of this is that after a while of hard driving with it, it could possibly rip out your subframe.. so just order a subframe brace for it

:eek: wow reps for u. i didnt know they made them like that. that one would de awsome for h22 delslow. THANKS MAN im savin money for that

HatchHero
02-13-2009, 05:57 PM
i had the oem on mines for at least 2 years loved. i ever did anything with the car to that made me feel i had to upgrade. so i left them alone.

cool it would be alot cheaper that route. that progress one is like 250. im really goona consider that one on my sol wit dat bulldog motor in the front:goodjob:gonna order a civic si pv

six7teen
02-14-2009, 03:02 AM
:eek: wow reps for u. i didnt know they made them like that. that one would de awsome for h22 delslow. THANKS MAN im savin money for that

:goodjob: :goodjob: yeah man... only problem i have had with it so far was assembly/installation.. lol. assembly probably took an hour and a half and install another hour and a half.. it is VERY complex, but worth it!!