PDA

View Full Version : crower stage 3 cams

bpoweredhatch
01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
im tryin to figure out if my crower stage 3 cams are all motor or if there turbo cams. on there website it says stage 3 cams are all motor cams

jmmx258
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
They'll be used more for all motor, however ANY cam upgrade is going to be better for boost. The more you let the motor breathe, the quicker it will spool.

Those cams will work well for a boosted motor (i'm running them in my B20). I have compared them with stock, and I like the stage 3's better.

G.C
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Of course its going to be better than stock.lol

The point is, if you have the money. You can't just drop a cam in there and call it a day.

DirtyMechanic
01-12-2009, 11:13 PM
just because you have aftermarket cams doesnt mean they are better for boost. and just because it can breathe better for NA doesnt mean it will be better for turbo... just because you can get more air volume wise doesnt mean you have the velocity to make power.. and a lot of stock cams are better for boost anyways.

Z0_o6
01-13-2009, 08:37 AM
just because you have aftermarket cams doesnt mean they are better for boost. and just because it can breathe better for NA doesnt mean it will be better for turbo... just because you can get more air volume wise doesnt mean you have the velocity to make power.. and a lot of stock cams are better for boost anyways.

bingo.

a lot of cams optimized for N/A power have a lot of overlap to make use of the scavenging effect. this equates to intake charge just being wasted on a boosted setup. that, among other things, is the reason for different cam profiles on a set optimized for boost or nitrous vs. N/A.

AnthonyF
01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
If you do cams, invest in another head. Take the head to DOVER heads, get good valves, head worked a bit, etc... So when you get that head all good and ready, all you have to do is swap it over with no real down time of your car.

-At.

DirtyMechanic
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM
If you do cams, invest in another head. Take the head to DOVER heads, get good valves, head worked a bit, etc... So when you get that head all good and ready, all you have to do is swap it over with no real down time of your car.

-At.or you know get a sceond long block and build that.