View Full Version : Another fatal accident this weekend...

Doppelgänger
12-21-2008, 10:59 PM
per ajc.com

Suwanee man killed in I-85 wreck
By By RALPH ELLIS

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Suwanee man died early Sunday morning in a wreck on I-85 North at the I-985 split.

Gwinnett County police said William T. Rollins, 31, was driving north in a 2003 Nissan 350Z, lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and struck several trees.

Rollins and a passenger were unrestrained and ejected from the vehicle, police said. The passenger, who was not identified, was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center with serious injuries, police said. Officers said it appears alcohol may have been a factor in this accident.

So that's 2 motorcyclists,the 2 people in the 'Vette that fell off the Freedom Pkwy HOV exit, the guy at BP and this guy all in one weekend. WTF is going on here? Is there a full moon or something?

The Ninja
12-21-2008, 11:00 PM
GA's bad drivers?

redrumracer
12-21-2008, 11:01 PM
dunno.

redrumracer
12-21-2008, 11:02 PM
now, how many where breaking the law?

K20Z1
12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
sad...i'm going to stay home for the rest of winter break

Brown Man
12-21-2008, 11:18 PM
shit sucks man

drinking and driving is a very bad idea

:ninja:

nreggie454
12-21-2008, 11:30 PM
What is it with people doing dumb shit in their cars and NOT wearing the seatbelt. IMO it is very dumb to fuck around on the streets after drinking, but not wearing a seatbelt is completely moronic.

It sucks that two people died because of it, but their deaths could have easily been prevented.

BanginJimmy
12-21-2008, 11:45 PM
So that's 2 motorcyclists,the 2 people in the 'Vette that fell off the Freedom Pkwy HOV exit, the guy at BP and this guy all in one weekend. WTF is going on here? Is there a full moon or something?

beautiful weather in the middle of December may have something to do with it.

Alan®
12-21-2008, 11:53 PM
GA's bad drivers?
WINNER

ubers2k
12-22-2008, 12:16 AM
I figured it's just a cleansing of the gene pool...

IMPORTchic
12-22-2008, 12:29 AM
per ajc.com

Suwanee man killed in I-85 wreck
By By RALPH ELLIS

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Suwanee man died early Sunday morning in a wreck on I-85 North at the I-985 split.

Gwinnett County police said William T. Rollins, 31, was driving north in a 2003 Nissan 350Z, lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and struck several trees.

Rollins and a passenger were unrestrained and ejected from the vehicle, police said. The passenger, who was not identified, was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center with serious injuries, police said. Officers said it appears alcohol may have been a factor in this accident.

Any SPECIFIC info on any of these? Especially the one on barret that there was a post about last night.....

Just kinda worries me and since I am wayyyy out of town I dont really know whats going on.

Its really sad though...

WhitEvoMr
12-22-2008, 02:17 AM
holy shit!...again!?

_Christian_
12-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Lesson of the day: Don't haul ass when you're drunk without a seatbelt.

SUBY_RUE
12-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Like I always say, People are stupid....

con
12-22-2008, 07:44 AM
it's just that time of year. death is trying to catch up and reach its quota. it's a trip of how close the estimated deaths during the holidays are so close to those that actually occur.

my Dad attempted to join those statistics, however was momentarily spared with a fractured C2 Vertebrae and severe head injuries. after being heavily sedated for 5 days, he's now HALO equipped and awake. he's still not able to verbally communicate and the RN's have a constant battle of keeping his tubes and sensors in place. hell, he pulled out his feeding tube and removed a few sensors as I visited yesterday.

I missed the news report and still don't know the exact details as I haven't seen the accident report, but he was the F-350 driver who wrestled with a big rig and lost big on I-675 Dec. 13th. All I've heard is that he fell asleep and was ejected. Being both a workaholic and functional alcoholic:???: I hope it wasn't alcohol related, but it will come out soon enough......

For those of us still here and able, be safe out there...............

SLOWR/T
12-22-2008, 08:42 AM
population control.

Elbow
12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
It's a conspiracy. Probably sending the people to the secret FEMA coffins.

Psycho
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I know 4 people who got in a really bad accident a few days ago too. The driver was drunk. Surprisingly no one was hurt, but the car was totaled. I don't know who's dumber, the drunk driver, or the people who climbed into the car with the drunk driver.

Ruiner
12-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Idiots not wearing seat belts... *shakes head*

BKgen®
12-22-2008, 10:08 PM
at least it wasn't a Genesis.

DrivenMind
12-22-2008, 11:27 PM
lol, I mean cause seatbelts are totally gay.

Tech5
12-22-2008, 11:29 PM
sad soooooo sad!

RIP to those , and prayers said to the familys !

Thighs
12-23-2008, 12:07 AM
as much as i hate to say this and as much as i know i will be flamed hard, i dont feel bad for the people. when you do something THAT irresponsible and inconsiderate, you better be damn well ready to accept the consequences for your actions. if youre gonna get out on the streets and drive drunk and endanger other people, who have done nothing to deserve it, youre gonna get whats coming to you. if you do stupid things stupid things will happen to you. RIP to any innocent people killed by other peoples irresponsibility and lack of consideration for other peoples lives, and my condolences to the families of the retards who cause these things to happen.

nsany(atl)
12-23-2008, 06:21 AM
http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=216253

SUWANEE - One man is dead, another person injured after a single-car accident on Sunday morning.

Gwinnett Police say it happened just before 5 a.m. at the I-85/I-985 northbound split.

Cpl. Illana Spellman explains that the driver, 31-year-old William T. Rollins, lost control of his car, causing it to leave the roadway.

"The vehicle rotated through the grassy shoulder and struck several trees before coming to a final rest," she said.

Rollins was pronounced dead on the scene. A passenger was thrown from the vehicle and taken to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment.

Police say neither Rollins nor the passenger were wearing seatbelts

Smittie61984
12-25-2008, 10:53 AM
The passenger is my friend. He was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash. He doesn't remember much since he was passed out in the passenger seat. He had a seatbelt burn on his right shoulder which investigators took pics of the next day.

The crash site is pretty vicious and after observing it I have no clue how my buddy made it out alive (Seat belt or no seat belt) much less with nothing more than a bruised lung, kidney,a fractured rib and some scrapes and bruises that look no worse than a bad bicycle crash you had when you were a kid.

But after the wreck he woke up in some bushes (Briars) and crawled to the interstate and tried to wave people down. No one bothered stopping. He ended up crawling back to the car and went to sleep and was woken up by firefighters who said someone saw the car on the side of the road.

We have no clue why the car crashed nor do we know how much alcohol the driver consumed. We are waiting on a police report.

SicStang03
12-25-2008, 02:47 PM
The passenger is my friend. He was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash. He doesn't remember much since he was passed out in the passenger seat. He had a seatbelt burn on his right shoulder which investigators took pics of the next day.

The crash site is pretty vicious and after observing it I have no clue how my buddy made it out alive (Seat belt or no seat belt) much less with nothing more than a bruised lung, kidney,a fractured rib and some scrapes and bruises that look no worse than a bad bicycle crash you had when you were a kid.

But after the wreck he woke up in some bushes (Briars) and crawled to the interstate and tried to wave people down. No one bothered stopping. He ended up crawling back to the car and went to sleep and was woken up by firefighters who said someone saw the car on the side of the road.

We have no clue why the car crashed nor do we know how much alcohol the driver consumed. We are waiting on a police report.

Holy Shit! Keep us updated

Also, you wouldn't happen to work as the door man at the strip club in Athens would you?

yohoehello
12-28-2008, 04:07 AM
you know what Car wrecks are a horrible thing no matter what, and to say that its a good thing that some one died is even worse shame on you, Tyler Rollins was a good man, and a good Marine who served his country, and a good friend. We don't know what happened yet, hell we may never know, but one thing we do know, is we can be thankful that only one life was lost that night and not many more, my thoughts and prayers go out the his friend who was in the with him I hope he makes a full recovery, Tyler will be missed, hes not the first to pass away at that same spot, but I hope he'll be the last

ruah_23
12-28-2008, 06:35 AM
The good thing is,they didn't kill any other innocent motorists.Leave it at that.

BABY J
12-28-2008, 04:45 PM
No offense --- but how many people are ACTUALLY ejected w/ a seatbelt on properly? I'm not being coy - I am asking a serious question. I'd think you're more likely to be decapitated by 1 in a vehicle that new than be ejected.