Thread: Another fatal accident this weekend...

Default Another fatal accident this weekend...

per ajc.com

Suwanee man killed in I-85 wreck
    By By RALPH ELLIS

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Suwanee man died early Sunday morning in a wreck on I-85 North at the I-985 split.

Gwinnett County police said William T. Rollins, 31, was driving north in a 2003 Nissan 350Z, lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and struck several trees.

Rollins and a passenger were unrestrained and ejected from the vehicle, police said. The passenger, who was not identified, was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center with serious injuries, police said. Officers said it appears alcohol may have been a factor in this accident.

So that's 2 motorcyclists,the 2 people in the 'Vette that fell off the Freedom Pkwy HOV exit, the guy at BP and this guy all in one weekend. WTF is going on here? Is there a full moon or something?
    02' Miata

GA's bad drivers?

resident honda hater redrumracer's Avatar

dunno.

resident honda hater redrumracer's Avatar

now, how many where breaking the law?

sad...i'm going to stay home for the rest of winter break

Say Somethin'

shit sucks man

drinking and driving is a very bad idea

weak civic

What is it with people doing dumb shit in their cars and NOT wearing the seatbelt. IMO it is very dumb to fuck around on the streets after drinking, but not wearing a seatbelt is completely moronic.

It sucks that two people died because of it, but their deaths could have easily been prevented.
    UGA: Everybody is laughing at us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger
    So that's 2 motorcyclists,the 2 people in the 'Vette that fell off the Freedom Pkwy HOV exit, the guy at BP and this guy all in one weekend. WTF is going on here? Is there a full moon or something?
    beautiful weather in the middle of December may have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by d-ninja
    GA's bad drivers?
    WINNER

IA's metal head

I figured it's just a cleansing of the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger
    per ajc.com

Suwanee man killed in I-85 wreck
    By By RALPH ELLIS

Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Suwanee man died early Sunday morning in a wreck on I-85 North at the I-985 split.

Gwinnett County police said William T. Rollins, 31, was driving north in a 2003 Nissan 350Z, lost control of the vehicle, ran off the road and struck several trees.

Rollins and a passenger were unrestrained and ejected from the vehicle, police said. The passenger, who was not identified, was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center with serious injuries, police said. Officers said it appears alcohol may have been a factor in this accident.

Any SPECIFIC info on any of these? Especially the one on barret that there was a post about last night.....

Just kinda worries me and since I am wayyyy out of town I dont really know whats going on.

Its really sad though...

holy shit!...again!?

( . )( . ) inmymouth _Christian_'s Avatar

Lesson of the day: Don't haul ass when you're drunk without a seatbelt.

Like I always say, People are stupid....

It’s just the good ol’ boy in me
    I got my friends I got the recipe
    For one hell of a life

I got my girl got my family
    Got my booze and that’s all I need
    For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

it's just that time of year. death is trying to catch up and reach its quota. it's a trip of how close the estimated deaths during the holidays are so close to those that actually occur.

my Dad attempted to join those statistics, however was momentarily spared with a fractured C2 Vertebrae and severe head injuries. after being heavily sedated for 5 days, he's now HALO equipped and awake. he's still not able to verbally communicate and the RN's have a constant battle of keeping his tubes and sensors in place. hell, he pulled out his feeding tube and removed a few sensors as I visited yesterday.

I missed the news report and still don't know the exact details as I haven't seen the accident report, but he was the F-350 driver who wrestled with a big rig and lost big on I-675 Dec. 13th. All I've heard is that he fell asleep and was ejected. Being both a workaholic and functional alcoholic I hope it wasn't alcohol related, but it will come out soon enough......

For those of us still here and able, be safe out there...............

population control.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

It's a conspiracy. Probably sending the people to the secret FEMA coffins.

I know 4 people who got in a really bad accident a few days ago too. The driver was drunk. Surprisingly no one was hurt, but the car was totaled. I don't know who's dumber, the drunk driver, or the people who climbed into the car with the drunk driver.

When negotiations fail... Ruiner's Avatar

Idiots not wearing seat belts... *shakes head*
    AIM: RuinerTT
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE

at least it wasn't a Genesis.

lol, I mean cause seatbelts are totally gay.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

sad soooooo sad!

RIP to those , and prayers said to the familys !

as much as i hate to say this and as much as i know i will be flamed hard, i dont feel bad for the people. when you do something THAT irresponsible and inconsiderate, you better be damn well ready to accept the consequences for your actions. if youre gonna get out on the streets and drive drunk and endanger other people, who have done nothing to deserve it, youre gonna get whats coming to you. if you do stupid things stupid things will happen to you. RIP to any innocent people killed by other peoples irresponsibility and lack of consideration for other peoples lives, and my condolences to the families of the retards who cause these things to happen.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=216253

SUWANEE - One man is dead, another person injured after a single-car accident on Sunday morning.

Gwinnett Police say it happened just before 5 a.m. at the I-85/I-985 northbound split.

Cpl. Illana Spellman explains that the driver, 31-year-old William T. Rollins, lost control of his car, causing it to leave the roadway.

"The vehicle rotated through the grassy shoulder and struck several trees before coming to a final rest," she said.

Rollins was pronounced dead on the scene. A passenger was thrown from the vehicle and taken to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment.

Police say neither Rollins nor the passenger were wearing seatbelts

Certified Gearhead Smittie61984's Avatar

The passenger is my friend. He was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash. He doesn't remember much since he was passed out in the passenger seat. He had a seatbelt burn on his right shoulder which investigators took pics of the next day.

The crash site is pretty vicious and after observing it I have no clue how my buddy made it out alive (Seat belt or no seat belt) much less with nothing more than a bruised lung, kidney,a fractured rib and some scrapes and bruises that look no worse than a bad bicycle crash you had when you were a kid.

But after the wreck he woke up in some bushes (Briars) and crawled to the interstate and tried to wave people down. No one bothered stopping. He ended up crawling back to the car and went to sleep and was woken up by firefighters who said someone saw the car on the side of the road.

We have no clue why the car crashed nor do we know how much alcohol the driver consumed. We are waiting on a police report.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittie61984
    The passenger is my friend. He was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash. He doesn't remember much since he was passed out in the passenger seat. He had a seatbelt burn on his right shoulder which investigators took pics of the next day.

The crash site is pretty vicious and after observing it I have no clue how my buddy made it out alive (Seat belt or no seat belt) much less with nothing more than a bruised lung, kidney,a fractured rib and some scrapes and bruises that look no worse than a bad bicycle crash you had when you were a kid.

But after the wreck he woke up in some bushes (Briars) and crawled to the interstate and tried to wave people down. No one bothered stopping. He ended up crawling back to the car and went to sleep and was woken up by firefighters who said someone saw the car on the side of the road.

We have no clue why the car crashed nor do we know how much alcohol the driver consumed. We are waiting on a police report.

Holy Shit! Keep us updated

Also, you wouldn't happen to work as the door man at the strip club in Athens would you?

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
    NO SHIT AT ALL I JUST HAD MILK AND A COOKIE. I DIPPED THAT BITCH AND EVERYTHING, SORT OF LIKE I DID MY NUTS INTO YOUR MOTHERS LOOSE VAGINA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    That......would be my bad. Sorry.

Unknown

you know what Car wrecks are a horrible thing no matter what, and to say that its a good thing that some one died is even worse shame on you, Tyler Rollins was a good man, and a good Marine who served his country, and a good friend. We don't know what happened yet, hell we may never know, but one thing we do know, is we can be thankful that only one life was lost that night and not many more, my thoughts and prayers go out the his friend who was in the with him I hope he makes a full recovery, Tyler will be missed, hes not the first to pass away at that same spot, but I hope he'll be the last

Emergency Medical Tech

The good thing is,they didn't kill any other innocent motorists.Leave it at that.

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

No offense --- but how many people are ACTUALLY ejected w/ a seatbelt on properly? I'm not being coy - I am asking a serious question. I'd think you're more likely to be decapitated by 1 in a vehicle that new than be ejected.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."