PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Ever had your Tensioner pulley go bad:Integra

jwrape
10-31-2008, 05:53 PM
Last night driving home my car started making a almost grinding/whining noise. I put my head on the PS line and it sounded like the PS pump but today it sounds more like the tensioner pulley. I think the bearing is shot.
On the way to work it started making the belt squeal and as I stated to pull off the side of the road it stopped and has been fine since except for the constant whining. I'm gonna stop and get one and replace it but I've not read anything about it happening to anyone else before.
Anyone had this happen?:thinking:

Vteckidd
10-31-2008, 05:58 PM
yes totally possible for the tensioner to seize or start to seize. it should be replaced with every timing belt and water pump done.

or if you are talking about the PS tensioner i dont think it can go bad, but i may be wrong. Never had PS on my cars

jwrape
10-31-2008, 06:00 PM
yes totally possible for the tensioner to seize or start to seize. it should be replaced with every timing belt and water pump done.

or if you are talking about the PS tensioner i dont think it can go bad, but i may be wrong. Never had PS on my cars
Hmmm, makes me wonder if my Timing belt was ever changed around 100k. The motor has 160k on it now.

Vteckidd
10-31-2008, 06:01 PM
stupid question but did you check the fluid in the PS resevoir?

usually a whining noise can come from :

Ac compressor going bad
PS Pump going bad
Timing belt tensioner going bad
Water Pump going bad

jwrape
11-01-2008, 06:11 AM
I thought about all that. I checked the PS fluid, it's fine. It COULDbe the A/C clutch cause the sound is right there around that area but it sounds just a little louder closer to that pulley. I'm crossing my fingers it's the pulley.:(